News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

I have a reservation for tomorrow, but I also go for my 2nd vaccine shot at 11am. I'm not really wanting to be there all afternoon so I'm going to pause for a few seconds at 7 and try to get a noon-ish group.

...That sentence would have made zero sense two years ago.

Kamikaze

Any idea what the demand is like at Disneyland?

I’d assume it being in a park with a lot more to see and do, it should manage crounds better than BG being gone in seconds.
Disneyland has been closed since March 2020. When they do reopen on April 30, capacity will be lower than WDW. That might mean its easier to get on Rise because of that lower capacity. (Edit: However, most tickets are already sold for the next couple months and you have to be a CA resident to attend the park currently)

However, before the closure (remember that DL's Rise only opened Jan 2020, so it only operated for just under 3 months), their BGs were gone instantly every day, even faster than WDW's were going at the time.

Edit 2: Corrected the opening of Rise West. Who the heck knows time anymore.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I have a reservation for tomorrow, but I also go for my 2nd vaccine shot at 11am. I'm not really wanting to be there all afternoon so I'm going to pause for a few seconds at 7 and try to get a noon-ish group.

...That sentence would have made zero sense two years ago.
I think I pretty much nailed that 😅
4DF6396E-4077-491B-8C24-1BC7EFA09649.jpeg

RSoxNo1

If I get group 1 (or really any of the first 10-15 groups) that are called prior to official park opening, how long is the window actually open? Using today as an example, Groups 1-14 were called at 8:40. Would guests have until 10:00 AM to check in at the ride? Do the 15 minute buffers from Fastpass+ days apply here as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom