International Park Jealousy Syndrome aka IPJS

Kevin-brownie

Original Poster
Do you guys suffer from ipjs too? I find myself jealous of Shanghai Disneyland’s updated Peter Pan, and annoyed that Disney pulls off pirates amazingly but then the avatar boat ride is so lacking. I’m glad we’re getting Tron but out of all the cool international stuff, why that? Or better something why not something more original. I just want so much more for WDW. I wish more rides were given true updates. With internet connectivity the world is smaller and I feel let down when I see Tokyo Disneyland’s version of New Fantasyland and think about what we got here. Hahaha I sound like a brat! Sorry just wanted to say what’s been on my mind! 🤣 Am I crazy for thinking this way!?

eliza61nyc

Or we can call it "the grass is always greener some where else"

To answer your question, nope don't suffer from that. It's a never ending problem, in real life it's called trying to "keep up with the jones".
Bob has a better car, why don't we have that"

I find that on this site, there is always some complaining about something Disney could be doing better, I assure you that if we did have Tokyo Peter Pan someone would complain about the lack of imagination ☺️

Why not Tron?? You could poll 20 people about what cool stuff they should put in the parks and you'd get 20 different answers. Lol don't you remember all the whining when star wars land was announced. 😜

mergatroid

To answer your question, nope don't suffer from that. It's a never ending problem, in real life it's called trying to "keep up with the jones".

I find that on this site, there is always some complaining about something Disney could be doing better, I assure you that if we did have Tokyo Peter Pan someone would complain about the lack of imagination ☺️

Why not Tron?? You could poll 20 people about what cool stuff they should put in the parks and you'd get 20 different answers. Lol don't you remember all the whining when star wars land was announced. 😜

Pretty much this. We're currently waiting on Guardians to be completed which is a completely new ride that WDW will be the first to have, if it's good you'll probably have people in other countries saying "Why can't we have that new Guardians ride that WDW does"?

When Disney announced the new land based on Avatar, there were folks on here who spent about 3 years crying about what a terrible idea it was and just how terrible the attraction would be. Some still proudly boast that they've never set foot in Pandora such was their animosity. Since Flight of Passage opened it's had superb reviews and still remains extremely popular, as far as I'm aware WDW is still the only park to have it?

I like the fact the parks differ from one another whilst also sharing some attractions, however whatever they do there'll always be somebody who would have preferred things done differently.

Magenta Panther

Do you guys suffer from ipjs too? I find myself jealous of Shanghai Disneyland’s updated Peter Pan, and annoyed that Disney pulls off pirates amazingly but then the avatar boat ride is so lacking. I’m glad we’re getting Tron but out of all the cool international stuff, why that? Or better something why not something more original. I just want so much more for WDW. I wish more rides were given true updates. With internet connectivity the world is smaller and I feel let down when I see Tokyo Disneyland’s version of New Fantasyland and think about what we got here. Hahaha I sound like a brat! Sorry just wanted to say what’s been on my mind! 🤣 Am I crazy for thinking this way!?

Nope. Anyone who'd like to experience genuine Disney would feel this way. I've been looking at the Fantasy Springs concept art for Tokyo Disneysea, and it both amazes and angers me. That stuff is Genuine Disney, as opposed to the Iger Acquisitions that the fathead lavishes park money on (Star Wars, Marvel, etc., plus the dippy Avatar stuff). It angers me that Iger puts strobe lights on broken AAs instead of fixing them, that he raises prices while cutting services, and messes up good rides with "improvements" (The Tower of Terror). Why does Iger/Chapek have such contempt for American park guests? Even new attractions display a lack of storytelling skill (Little Mermaid). It's frustrating. The best Disney parks in the world should exist in America, Walt's home country. But that will never happen because the Robert Iger Company apparently feels that there's no need for real innovation, no need to showcase the old dead guy's stuff, because there are enough dumb rubes who'll cough up big bucks no matter how high prices are raised, no matter how much show quality suffers, to make the neglect and greed profitable. Too bad.

Magenta Panther

You're making a lot of assumptions in order to try to prove your point. Fail.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm not jealous at all.
Honestly I prefer the simplicity of the less technical rides.
NRJ could use a narration or something because I just don't get what's going on because I've never watched Avatar but a slow moving dark ride with music and annimatronics is fine by me.

JIMINYCR

Yes. I am jealous about certain attractions that I know I'm missing out on ever experiencing. When answering posts in the past and I say I'll never get to the international parks, others say its very doable, but I'm pretty sure thats not going to happen. So I'll continue wishing WDW had some of the better attractions, or elements of them added in, and be happy we have what we have. My trips to the FL parks are still enjoyable and while on them I dont dwell on whats missing.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland. Why can't we get THAT at WDW?!

I've also seen some Japanese people in the comments for Alien Encounter, and it got me thinking of a Tokyo version of that with Norio Wakamoto as S.I.R.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom