News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

If you enter the park and want to try for a 1 pm boarding group, can you go back to your hotel/pool? I could not get a definite answer from guest relations so I stayed in park to get boarding group that was too high to get called. would be more palatable if I didn’t have to be in park

Last edited:
If you enter the park and want to try for a 1 pm boarding group, can you go back to your hotel/pool? I could not get a definite answer from guest relations so I stayed in park to get boarding group that was too high to gat called. would be more palatable if I didn’t have to be in park
see answer in other post

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
This was my first time attempting for my family on a short Disney trip and unfortunately we didn’t get it and probably won’t have an opportunity at 1pm due to our 1-year old’s nap time.

Unsure when we’ll be back but man, I wish they did a lottery system. I swear I completed the steps within 6 seconds, according to my watch synced to global time. But I can see how this just rewards veterans as a slight delay in finger tapping is all it means for you not getting selected.

Either way, appreciate everyone’s help and all the info here.
You can still try at 1:00 even if you are no longer in the park. As long as you have tapped into the park before 1:00 you are eligible.

really hate this boarding group thing. I was stressed from waking up and all morning. later In the day, after we were notified the boarding group was cut, then my body was able to let go of the stress and enjoy the park.

Did everyone have a park pass in your party today?

If you were only testing to see if you could try to get a boarding group, it won’t select them because no one had a DHS reservation.
My spouse says they do not have to check boxes and we have same people listed, so I don’t think I will ever be fast enough with that hurdle

SD449

I’ve no idea. Even if running flawlessly as we know it can’t handle a third of park guests during a busy day.
Any idea what the demand is like at Disneyland?

I’d assume it being in a park with a lot more to see and do, it should manage crounds better than BG being gone in seconds.

Was there every a plan to increase capacity? I.e. 2 “tracks” Or are they going to have that as a big announcement similar to Soarin and Midway Mania?

Chet Dakota

I prefer no Fastpass but also there were way less people to deal with so standby lines were tolerable. I just don't know if standby will be tolerable if the parks goes back to 80% to 100%.

Agree. Our trip last week was much more relaxing without dealing with FP and the lines moved at a steady pace.

Wonder if it is the device or perhaps prior party selection. She said she had to select people at the 1st attempt but didn’t at the 1 pm time as they stayed checked, while I have to do the check box thing every time.

PizzaPlanet

How is this boarding group nonsense seen as better than the old fashioned way of first come first serve? At least that way everyone has a fair shot that isn't dependent on having the fastest internet speed on the first few seconds of the day. This whole thing kind of drained my excitement for eventually riding ROTR for the first time because I know I'd have to deal with this and probably get let down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How is this boarding group nonsense seen as better than the old fashioned way of first come first serve? At least that way everyone has a fair shot that isn't dependent on having the fastest internet speed on the first few seconds of the day. This whole thing kind of drained my excitement for eventually riding ROTR for the first time because I know I'd have to deal with this and probably get let down.

puckett26

Every time I try a practice run my app gives an error message (dreaded oops something went wrong with your request) when trying to refresh or forces me to log in via face recognition. I have no faith that I will ever secure a boarding group when we visit later this year. Dropping big $ and not even having a chance to secure a BG is making me second guess our trip. 8 seconds and no margin for error when dropping thousands of dollars is a major turn off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom