News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

wdrive

I hear by nominate wdrive for the president of the “If you get heat stroke it’s your own fault party”

I’d happily take the role.
If you apply for a job working outdoors in Florida knowing you must cover tattoos while having two full sleeves then complain about being too hot, I’d question why you ever applied for that job.

Again anyone is free to leave, no one or forced out into the sun in 6 layers of clothing at gunpoint.

Gringrinngghost

I’d happily take the role.
If you apply for a job working outdoors in Florida knowing you must cover tattoos while having two full sleeves then complain about being too hot, I’d question why you ever applied for that job.

Again anyone is free to leave, no one or forced out into the sun in 6 layers of clothing at gunpoint.
Go out to California and change their mind ace.

Mr Bill

Wear other options? Don't think so if the costumes they wear are part of their role.
If they're currently wearing a long-sleeve undershirt to cover their tattoos in a short-sleeve costume, or rolling down sleeves in a costume where they can be rolled up, they no longer have to.

wdrive

celluloid

Go out to California and change their mind ace.

That is not the same. Disney and other major parks have always offered cautions and precautions including breaks, reasonable accomoration and water containers supplied to on stage employees.

celluloid

Management I know and am friends with. I’m very well connected in the parks and I hear what goes on.

Not really. Gsat, particularly with Universal are easy to get. Iworked there once, not too many moons ago in management. They are also compiled externally through Google Reviews, Yelp etc...
Ask youraelf this, if management was really tossing them away if negative, why would they be known about. That wpuld only get the managers from communication who document it fired. They are already reported by the time they go to local managment in the park.

Gringrinngghost

Not really. Gsat, particularly with Universal are easy to get. Inworked therr once in management. They are also compiled externally through Google Reviews, Yelp etc...
Ask youraelf this, if management was really tossing them away if negative, why would they be known about. That wpuld only get the managers from communication who document it fired. They are already reported by the time they go to local managment in the park.
Google reviews and stuff like that are different than guest negatives, something of which you do at guest services. It’s like a compliment, but when you don’t get your way.

celluloid

Google reviews and stuff like that are different than guest negatives, something of which you do at guest services. It’s like a compliment, but when you don’t get your way.

Nope, those are accounted for as well. It has made things better un some ways and in some ways worse. Again, that info comes from Guest Services communication to the local area managment.
You may want to get clarification from your friends.

Gringrinngghost

That is not the same. Disney and other major parks have always offered cautions and precautions including breaks, reasonable accomoration and water containers supplied to on stage employees.
That’s neither here nor there. Some uniforms you don’t have the luxury of short sleeve shirts. Like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Potter wardrobe is different in Cali then Fla due to local laws

Gringrinngghost

Nope, those are accounted for as well. It has made things better un some ways and in some ways worse. Again, that info comes from Guest Services communication to the local area managment.
You may want to get clarification from your friends.
Yes, and if Guest services actually knew what they were doing and didn’t make false promises, management would actually be dealing with guest negatives.

Amidala

No one is forced to work outside in extreme heat. Any cast member is free to resign and find a job elsewhere, or even an indoor job at Disney.

Like I’ve said before, Disney doesn’t WANT their CMs to resign right now, they’re understaffed and in need of people. Also, most jobs even at indoor locations have outdoor rotations: greeter positions, FP and strollers, etc. Rotations are generally on the shorter side for roles like attractions, but even then, you can pull the same rotation multiple times in a row and end up stuck outside the whole day. The only way you can avoid outdoor rotations is if you have a note from your doctor, and Disney doesn’t offer healthcare to PT CMs.

There’s a lot more at play here than I think some people are getting.

Tom Morrow

Then what is a Cast Member?

How do you define the word cast in their job title, if you don't define it to mean, "the actors taking part in a play, film, or other production?"

If we're going to care this strongly about Disney employees' "roles", then really we should be complaining about every CM that isn't performing on the level of First Order CM's at RotR. The fact is 90% of your CM interactions will be unthemed, so why does it also matter if they have a tattoo?

It is, quite frankly, honestly pretty ridiculous to expect people who are already doing so much more and putting up with so much more for the pay rate to also be "performing" at all times to the point where they're not allowed to be themselves. CM's choose to work at Disney, any of them could get another similar paying job that allows them to do comparatively nothing for the same pay rate or higher. If the company refuses to adapt to the times, people have less and less incentive to want to work there over an easier job.

celluloid

That’s neither here nor there. Some uniforms you don’t have the luxury of short sleeve shirts. Like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Actually many of them do have alternatives if you are outdoors. And while some are rougher than others, they all occur with the precautions and cautions mentioned. Breezy comfort and heat stroke from things like dehydration are not the same.

celluloid

Yes, and if Guest services actually knew what they were doing and didn’t make false promises, management would actually be dealing with guest negatives.

That is an umberella presumption. A lot of guests just are happy are angry at both resorts. The point remains. Quantifiably both companies show Uni guest service on the rise and Disney guest service on the decline(for aure in part with the better way covid was handled for guests at Uni)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom