One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

Orange Cat

We Don’t Abuse Our Animals The Very Happy Whale

A99A07EE-E26A-4F3C-8DD7-243922878279.png
This very happy whale says Sea-World doesn’t abuse their animals, so they must not, look how happy the whale is, would this very happy whale lie, of course not, If you say that very happy whale is lying then you hate animals you monster (this message brought to you by Sea-World).

TwilightZone

Camp Snoopy Boat Tours
iu

Replacing the Rocky Mountain Trucking Company comes a new dark ride where guests board a wooden boat to go through the scenic and cartoony locations of Camp Snoopy. Guests pass by many of the characters and some comedic moments sure to please any Peanuts fan.

BONUS
Fishe
1610305920689s.png

A fish, totally not a cat, why would you think that?​

Sam Magic

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #5: KNOTT'S BERRY FARM
knotts-berry-farm.jpg

Welcome to Knott's Berry Farm! Known for its charm and humble beginnings, Knott's features many attractions on par, if not superior to premiere theme parks such as Disney and Universal. Now is your chance to add to that reputation.

-Challenge-
Design a new original dark ride for the park

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 13th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

El Rio De La Aventura.png

As part of a more extensive transformation of Fiesta Village into Festival del Pueblo, the land's new centerpiece attraction will be El Rio de la Aventura, a water-based ominimover dark ride through the rich and epic history of Mexico.

Housed in a recreation of Mexico City's Metropolitan Cathedral, the ride is made up of six large and epic scenes: Mexica (1325-1521); Conquista (1521-1824); La Republica (1824-1968); Viva Mexico! (1968-the future).

The ride's scenes will be dramatic, impressive, and inspiring, pioneering a new level of theming and technology to bring to life the story of our southern neighbor, Mexico.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Review Time!
View attachment 547668
SNOOPY AND THE RED BARON
Coming soon to Camp Snoopy, this immersive dark ride combines screens, animatronics, projections, tons of set pieces, and a heavy dose of artificial wind to give the illusion of chaos, speed, and ultimately thrill.

As explained by the immersive queue, the premise of the attraction is Snoopy’s telling the gang a campfire story of his marvelous defeat of the Red Baron - and you get the relive the story along with him!

Suspended ride vehicles inspired by Snoopy’s iconic red doghouse take guest on this journey from the airfield to the Red Baron’s headquarters as en route Snoopy and the Baron are in a dogfight around them - with lots of visual gags along the way.​
See it didn't take too much Googling to come up with something cool! I like this - it's family friendly and fitting of Knott's - Nice work!
El Escudo!

zNDeCe4S1ZwlidIdP0_n9zOC8SRE3pRmoBmwDpBzAiRFjLUawjxtOhMXd1XOBqKu3pspiuFC-7q3g8FKzeE8I7hFgO87PLfiO7M7MspMnO778aI_SsbtMmbtew9jinfHAMMKd7qO
3427985-guacamelee-2-review-thumb-nologo.jpg

Get a front row seat to some high-flying lucha libre action in this new Fiesta Village dark ride, where a gang of demons try to invade the city, only to come face to face with the heroic wrestling might of El Escudo!​
This is very unique! Blends in with the cultural influence of So. Cal/Mexico and adds something interesting to Fiesta Village - awesome!
GHOST TOWN HAUNTED HOUSE

View attachment 547709

Boo! Board this slow moving dark ride journey through an abandoned manor. It puts the “ghost” in Ghost Town!​
Nice concept - while I know you're working on SA I would have loved to know a little about the dark ride? What's the story and what kind of ghosts are we talkin' bout, friendly or more spooky like a Halloween Horror Nights?
Dino Caverns
View attachment 547713
Replacing the Lake of Reflection and the Silver Bullet roaster coaster, Dino Caverns will further add to Knott's mountain range and compliment the nearby Log Ride. Thaddeus P. Knott, a hermit who has lived inside the mountain for 50 years, wants us to test out his new time travel machine to go back to the prehistoric age and observe what dinosaurs were really like. This suspended dark ride will give guests a flight through time from the Ice Age to even further back when Dinosaurs ruled the earth, the ride will gradually climb inclines through the ride allowing for a great outdoor view of Knott's Berry Farm as the climax!
Ooh good idea adding to the mountain range. I also like the trip back in time - it's very classic Cali - and the suspended dark ride would give a unique perspective on the dinos from that angle.

The Mermaids of Malibu
LMVehicle.jpg
A new suspended dark ride, The Mermaids of Malibu lets guests embark on an serene journey to the realm of all benevolent sea creatures; Reefhaven, where the new queen is set to be coronated. Beginning in an old cottage at the foot of a cliff; where the previous occupant left drawings and writings referencing what lies beyond Malibu Bay, mermaid song invites all to come to the beach caves, where seahorse-drawn chariots whisk down to the realm where real sea creatures mingle with imagined sea creatures such as Aigikampos (goats with fish tails), Aspidochelone (an enormous sea turtle), and even fantastical versions of real animals. This dark ride; with its visuals, score, and tone; will be a popular attraction for all ages, especially for those who don't wish to ride the more intense rides.
Suspended is looking like the way we're going! I also like the research you did for the names of the sea creatures and the tone being not too intense for all ages.
EL TEMPLO DEL DIOS JAGUAR

View attachment 547738

The East Area of Fiesta Village and Jaguar! will be closing soon to make way for a new experience coming to Knott’s Berry Farm, the park’s first ever immersive boat ride, El Templo del Dios Jaguar.

As you walk through the Mayan Forest, the largest remaining tropical rainforest in the Americas after the Amazon, you come in contact with a gentle jaguar spirit who’s looking for someone to help them protect their ancestral home from a group of treasure hunters.

Journey into an underground river and explore the lost Mayan temple of the Jaguar God, where a thrilling adventure awaits, but you must be careful or you might wake up the Jaguar God, whose fury could send you in a one way trip to Xibalba.​
Ah this would be something very different for the park - I also like the subtle nod to El Rio del Tiempo in your title!

Dreamcatcher Flight​

View attachment 547750
At the edge of Ghost Town an enormous Dreamcatcher stands, a portal to the fantastic dimension of, well, dreams. Hop aboard an enchanted coach and take flight in this suspended family dark ride that soars over canyons and western villages, both with realistic colors and painted in charming, "psychedelic" tones, guided by benevolent animal spirits.
But beware: don't follow the evil Night-mares who want to take your flying coach to scary places you might not know how to get out of...
I like the psychedelic element of this attraction - really delving into the fantasy element of it all - I wonder if it might be too scary though for the little ones with the nightmares and such but nonetheless a very original attraction!
I too know zilch about Knott's Berry Farm.

Actually, I guess one could say I know Knott a thing!

Okay, here's my idea...

Schroeder's Surreal Symphony
Schroeder_Piano.png
Schroeder invites us to partake in a performance of - what else? - Beethoven's greatest compositions. Based on a scene in A Boy Named Charlie Brown, this surreal dark ride takes guests through a number of bizarre landscapes and sequences aboard piano-shaped ride vehicles. It's sure to put a smile on any guest's face - especially if they're a classical music buff like Schroeder is.

Hey all good - you did a solid job with this Brer! Like MickeyWaffle you picked an IP that would work for sure!
KNOTT'S BERRY FARM: THE GREAT MAYFIELD BANK HEIST
1bank%2Brobbery.jpg
A wild, fast-paced dark ride into the First National Bank of Calico, as the notorious Mayfield family try to steal the vault, said to contain a mountain-sized pile of nuggets. We whizz around the building and its neighbours in runaway minecarts, as the Mayfields make their escape, only to discover their intended prize contains no gold but a lifetime supply of boysenberries!

BONUS: SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO -- CAPRICORN & PISCES
2c6480c5f9169f19a8e51ad0318fca5e.png
e8f358af8b8ce6af75a558e7d80ae737.jpg
The sea contains many mysteries and legends, and out of the deepest waters of California comes Capricorn and Pisces, a pair of aquatic hippocampuses, who have come ashore to meet the "landlubbers" and have adventures and plenty of cuddles.

Note: The artwork was found on Google Images! I wish I could draw like this!
I like how you tie it in with Calico! That's a really cool twist, and would fit perfectly in the pre-existing park!
Camp Snoopy Boat Tours
iu

Replacing the Rocky Mountain Trucking Company comes a new dark ride where guests board a wooden boat to go through the scenic and cartoony locations of Camp Snoopy. Guests pass by many of the characters and some comedic moments sure to please any Peanuts fan.

BONUS
Fishe
1610305920689s.png

Good work! Seems the Peanuts were a popular choice - and fittingly so, this would be a family favorite!

As part of a more extensive transformation of Fiesta Village into Festival del Pueblo, the land's new centerpiece attraction will be El Rio de la Aventura, a water-based ominimover dark ride through the rich and epic history of Mexico.

Housed in a recreation of Mexico City's Metropolitan Cathedral, the ride is made up of six large and epic scenes: Mexica (1325-1521); Conquista (1521-1824); La Republica (1824-1968); Viva Mexico! (1968-the future).

The ride's scenes will be dramatic, impressive, and inspiring, pioneering a new level of theming and technology to bring to life the story of our southern neighbor, Mexico.
Very well written and researched! I think this would be something worthy of Epcot but in Knott's - nicely done!
Mine Train Adventure

Explore the mines as you have to capture outlaws running loose underground.
Nice, I must say you have definitely taking the concept of one sentence to heart!

BONUS Points Tally (Reviews to come from @D Hulk )

+1
Ludpat Mike
JokersWild
Sharon&Susan
Tegan pilots a chicken
DashHaber
Solaris Knight
DisneyFan18
Suchomimus
Evilgidgit
Honey Bee
Outbound
TwilightZone
Sam Magic
TheSquirrel
Brer Panther

MickeyWaffleCo

D Hulk

BONUS REVIEWS

Bonus: Emmett the Penguin​

View attachment 547889
Emmett is an Emperor penguin (tied to the new Dive Coaster) who has come to SeaWorld because his icy home is melting as a result of global warming
Emmett is cute. Let's hope SeaWorld gives this poor displaced fellow a good home.
Bonus: A Special Friend
View attachment 547893
Come on down to SeaWorld San Diego and meet their brand new mascot, @PerGron; he speaks only in Binomial Nomenclature, but if you can decipher the Latin you’ll learn so much about sea life.
No pictures, please.
@PerGron is cute. Let's hope SeaWorld gives this poor displaced fellow a good home.
DOLPH-DIVER
View attachment 547897
A dolphin in an old time diving suit, Dolph-Diver encourages both exploration and preservation of the oceans on our planet.
Hopefully this "dolphin in a diving suit" is a costumed fuzzy mascot and not a genuine real dolphin!
BONUS: JEAN THE JELLYFISH

View attachment 547956

Jean is a playful and friendly mauve jelly, a species sometimes known as the “purple people eater”, but Jean is much more interested in going for long swims on the beach, twilight snacking, and posing for photos with happy guests!
Jean's description reads like a dating profile.
Bonus: Sean the Harbor Seal

lighter

A San Diego local from out in the La Jolla Cove, Sean the Harbor Seal is a happy-go-lucky fellow who enjoys playing around with guests, getting some of those rays out on the rocks, and raising awareness about humanity's impact on the oceans (like how harbor seals are currently an endangered species).​
Sean the La Jolla native! Gotta love that local boy charm. Kudos to raising awareness about a local environmental issue.
MANGO THE SHARK

View attachment 547981

Mango is a goofy shark with a Maori accent, sort of a cool Maui type, meant to show how sharks aren't as scary as they seem, but important to the ocean ecosystem, as well as the negative effects of shark fishing on the environment.
SeaWorld had better get either Taika Waititi or Dwayne Johnson to portray this fellow!
BONUS: SCALLY HOLMES
View attachment 547990

Meet Scally Holmes, a Red Parrot Fish and the greatest detective in the seven seas, so you can bet that when something smells fishy, she’s gonna be there; join Scally at SeaWorld San Diego so you can help her solve her newest case.​
MV5BOWFmZTI5NjktNDk3Ni00MzJhLTgzNWQtNTg0M2UyMjE4MDYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg

Bonus: Pacifica and Pierre the Sea Turtle Twins
7e178f1f707ebeadf1a8a119454f1865--reptiles-amphibians.jpg
Green Sea Turtles are the most common in Southern California, and twins shy Pierre and laidback Pacifica have come down to SeaWorld to get up close to the tourists and maybe the humans themselves can discover something about sea turtles.
Hooray twins! I love P&P! This is one of those entries where it's not clear if they're cartoon mascots or real animals on display.
BONUS: SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO -- CAPRICORN & PISCES
2c6480c5f9169f19a8e51ad0318fca5e.png
e8f358af8b8ce6af75a558e7d80ae737.jpg
The sea contains many mysteries and legends, and out of the deepest waters of California comes Capricorn and Pisces, a pair of aquatic hippocampuses, who have come ashore to meet the "landlubbers" and have adventures and plenty of cuddles.

Note: The artwork was found on Google Images! I wish I could draw like this!
Hooray twins! These are cute images, even if they aren't yours, which complement a very memorable mascot duo.
We Don’t Abuse Our Animals The Very Happy Whale

View attachment 548094
This very happy whale says Sea-World doesn’t abuse their animals, so they must not, look how happy the whale is, would this very happy whale lie, of course not, If you say that very happy whale is lying then you hate animals you monster (this message brought to you by Sea-World).
Point taken! SeaWorld is...let's just go with controversial. Not even a simple mascot game is immune.
Well in that case

RETURN OF THE CHICKEN!!!

After many years on the "butterfly farm", the San Diego Chicken has moved to a permanent home in SeaWorld, where it is completely confused by all the aquatic animals!​

Chicken of the sea! This is the level of seriousness this bonus prompt deserves.
BONUS
Fishe
1610305920689s.png

HULK WANT TO PET FISHE!
BONUS: AENON
Our Friend from the Sea

View attachment 548111

Coming to SeaWorld San Diego this summer is our newest cuddly, water-drop inspired, mascot "Aenon," who is passionate about animal conservation and the protection of our seas, waters, and oceans.​
So this one is anthropomorphized water?! I sure do appreciate the customized image.​
Bonus: Quacky

Everyone knows about the marine life at Seaworld San Diego but, to celebrate the opening of a animals of rivers and lakes exhibit, Quacky the duck is introduced as the park mascot.
What else floats on water?

A duck!
Sigmund the SeaWorld Serpent
29642697-a-cartoon-sea-serpent-rolls-along-the-waves-in-the-sea-.jpg
Sigmund is a long-necked, green-scaled serpent who loves to sing sea shanties and tell tales about the ocean blue and the mysterious creatures that live down there (and don't forget to buy a Sigmund plush at the SeaWorld gift shop on your way out!).
Sea shanty singin' Sigmund soon sees SeaWorld soar to sudden successes!
Bonus: LEVI THE LEVIATHAN

Bonus: KEVIN THE KILLER WHALE

After SeaWorld’s first new mascot choice didn’t go too well with test groups, Levi was replaced with Kevin, a friendly, huggable killer whale who loves SeaWorld and its guests.​
Reading this on my phone, the text cut off so that it read as both "Kevin the Killer" and later as "Kevin, a friendly, huggable killer." It certainly suits SeaWorld, I'll give ya that.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Results!
Thank you very much! With a park we rarely go to in Imagineering, sometimes it can be tough to adjust, but you all did a wonderful job and now the 'real' tough part - the decisions!

Ps5WGu1.png

'The Peanut Gallery'
@TwilightZone @MickeyWaffleCo. @Brer Panther
Kudos for looking up stuff for the park and coming up with an IP that fits the family element and nostalgia factor of the park

L30Y5yp.png

@DashHaber
A wonderful concept expanding the lore of Fiesta Village

zihTg3C.png

@Ludpat Mike and @Sam Magic
For two very different reasons, these attractions stood out from the pack. Mike's for the nuanced 'dream' element that would make for a compelling dark ride, and Sam's because of the historical and cultural significance a ride like this would bring to the park.

DrRz15D.png

@Evilgidgit and @Sharon&Susan
Both for 'plussing' the park - for Evil adding to the story of Calico and for Sharon adding to the park's mountain range with a unique premise!

Excellent job to everyone!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #6: PACIFIC PARK
FINAL-PACIFIC-PARK.jpg

Welcome to the Santa Monica Pier and the Playland Arcade! As we discovered in Stanza VII: The Pin, we have numerous 'pinheads' across the forums, and some budding after participating in the challenge. Now, we continue that passion with a new task

-Challenge-
Design a new pinball machine for the Playland Arcade at the Santa Monica Pier's Pacific Park.

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Thursday, April 15th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

D Hulk

BONUS

SIDE TRIP #2: SANTA CRUZ BEACH BOARDWALK

400-sky-glider-810_7739.jpg

For over a century, this oceanfront pier park has delighted guests with traditional carnival amusements and a plethora of playful attractions…including the well-themed indoors Buccaneer Bay Mini Golf.

Challenge

Create a new indoors mini golf course for Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

-Rules-

For this bonus, use only 1 single sentence and up to 1 image. Everyone who submits will receive 1 automatic bonus point. The deadline is Thursday, April 15th, at 9:00 PM EST, at the same time as the main prompt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom