News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

Gringrinngghost

There's a lot of embracing this new change, but I think, however anyone personally feels about this, only downgrades the Disney Parks brand. I work in an office in a professional environment (in normal times anyways), and there are certain expectations about how you dress and your grooming. People don't get hired if they look like they work part time at hot topic or Spencer's. It's unprofessional. And our customers are not likely to do business with us if we are represented by people who look like they still play in a Metallica cover band on the weekends. It's about presentation and professionalism. I'm going to start thinking of Disney in the same category as Six Flags of they take from the same pool of employees.
You work in a professional environment where the employer can be picky on who they get. The Disney parks aren’t that.

Gringrinngghost

Kilts wasn't my argument.
But it’s still technically a skirt... something of which you have explicitly stated “I do not want to explain to my 8 year old on a vacation why a man is wearing a skirt.”

So if you have no problem explaining to your 8 year old on why a man is wearing a kilt, then you will have no issues explaining that they are merely expressing themselves and what they believe in.

disneygeek90

But it’s still technically a skirt... something of which you have explicitly stated “I do not want to explain to my 8 year old on a vacation why a man is wearing a skirt.”

So if you have no problem explaining to your 8 year old on why a man is wearing a kilt, then you will have no issues explaining that they are merely expressing themselves and what they believe in.
The best part about kids is having this talk. "Because they want to." "Oh, okay." Kids literally don't care because they have no reason to think it's odd or strange unless you act like it is.

Tamandua

Genuinely curious, do people in your office not have tattoos and dyed hair and such?

My office we can wear anything besides shorts, flip flops, or sweatpants basically, a lot of people have small tattoos, and some have more than one ear piercing (including me).
I don't know if anyone has tattoos but if they do they keep them covered. We actually do business with Disney and I don't think we'd have gotten that contract if we were as lax as they are now.

Gringrinngghost

Where did I go? You didn’t answer anything, just ranted about other stuff. And if being part of the show is dehumanizing then why use a term like “CM” that only exists to reinforce that concept?
You know I did answer this on the first message you quoted, and then again with:
“As I stated, Disney has gone forward to what they believe is the best, as cultural standards have progressed since the conservative 1950s.”

StarWarsGirl

I don't know if anyone has tattoos but if they do they keep them covered. We actually do business with Disney and I don't think we'd have gotten that contract if we were as lax as they are now.
I think your office is probably in the minority. I've worked two different places where visible tattoos, some women with more than one piercing, etc, are the norm. My company does business with Disney too and the look of our employees has never impacted that or any other contract.

Mac Tonight

Also, I think many here are vastly overstating how many male identified people will choose to wear a skirt or dress.

This rule isn't to turn WDW into Drag Race. It's just meant to make everyone feel a little more at ease being themselves while selling a turkey leg. This isn't rocket science.
No offense, but if someone "doesn't feel themselves" while selling a turkey leg in the outfit provided for them by Disney... then maybe that's not their calling in life.

Stupido

I think your office is probably in the minority. I've worked two different places where visible tattoos, some women with more than one piercing, etc, are the norm. My company does business with Disney too and the look of our employees has never impacted that or any other contract.
Yeah, I work at one of the largest educational publishing houses in the US, and it’s pretty much a free for all. We have people with face piercings, green hair, full sleeves of tattoos. One of my first memories of working here was the Head Publisher asking me the story behind a cluster of my arm tattoos. Times have definitely changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom