Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm not yet weighing in on their choice of "place", but some people (not just the quoted poster) need to be reminded that while the term campus often refers to a school setting, that's far from the exclusive meaning. It's really just an area with a grouping of buildings or assets used by an organization.

I've worked at a couple different hospitals that have been referred to as campuses.

And here's a nice little primer from our friends at BBC:
The rise of the multibillion-dollar corporate campus

(As a side-note, it's worth mentioning that many people feel an ideally designed campus usually includes notable landscaping.)

Carry on.
I live in the Silicon Valley and most of the major corporations call their HQ campuses. Some even have multiple campuses spread across the area, though many of them are trying to consolodate them by building larger HQ like Apple and Google.

Avengers Campus is a satallite HQ with multiple buildings. It's appropriately named.

1618333477331.png

1618333543576.png

1618333725426.png

1618333693518.png

PostScott

The general public. The folks here never love anything lol
Sometimes I have the same feeling too, but you just gotta remember that the people around here don't really like some of the "newer" experiences.

Just don't bring up that you really enjoy GE and/or Sourin' Around the World and you'll be just fine.

_caleb

1. No they don't. The New Avenger's facility from Age of Ultron onward is called "the compound" or " avenger's headquarters" but not a campus and what they built in DCA is not and is not supposed to be the same compound from the films. and its stupid because you don't go to school to be a superhero.
Campus doesn’t necessarily mean “educational facility.” Businesses, hospitals, and churches have campuses.

the_rich

Sometimes I have the same feeling too, but you just gotta remember that the people around here don't really like some of the "newer" experiences.

Just don't bring up that you really enjoy GE and/or Sourin' Around the World and you'll be just fine.
But I do really enjoy GE, and I like the original soarin better but have no issue with the world version. I guess I'm in trouble.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Campus doesn’t necessarily mean “educational facility.” Businesses, hospitals, and churches have campuses.
Yes! Almost forgot churches. My dad works as a facilities director at a large church and they definitely call it a campus. There are several buildings there.

George Lucas on a Bench

The general public. The folks here never love anything lol

I don't think it's healthy to really love anything in a theme park. It's not a living thing, it's an amusement park. Plenty of things amuse me at Disneyland, plenty of things don't. Avengerland doesn't look remotely appealing to me. I'd only be interested in seeing the Spider-Man dummy shot over the roof.

the_rich

I don't think it's healthy to really love anything in a theme park. It's not a living thing, it's an amusement park. Plenty of things amuse me at Disneyland, plenty of things don't. Avengerland doesn't look remotely appealing to me. I'd only be interested in seeing the Spider-Man dummy shot over the roof.
That's fine, you're allowed your opinion. I on the other hand can't wait to see it. I wish the e ticket would be open when I go but alas that just gives me another reason to go.

CaptinEO

I'm glad an entire themepark land is based on one obscure comic book no one has heard of.

I'm sure the millions of people flowing into California Adventure will know exactly what this source material is.

Having heroes and villians fight in a city, like you know, EVERY comic book and super hero film/tv show ever made? That makes too much sense.

Now you get to "train to be your own hero". I can't wait for The Hulk's Safety Course ride!

G.L.A.D.I.O

I'm glad an entire themepark land is based on one obscure comic book no one has heard of.

I'm sure the millions of people flowing into California Adventure will know exactly what this source material is.

Having heroes and villians fight in a city, like you know, EVERY comic book and super hero film/tv show ever made? That makes too much sense.

Now you get to "train to be your own hero". I can't wait for The Hulk's Safety Course ride!
And how would you explain the presence of the 3.000 MARVEL characters in a street of NYC ?
"That's thematically inconsistent "
Furthermore, all characters aren't necessarly from a Big City, some come from another dimension, another world. There's the issue of scale too, with Stark Tower being several hundred metres long, the Sanctum a little less but big enough to be a pain to remake. At least here we have a bustle of heroes and villains in a specific place that is justified. Finally they needed a place that was neutral enough to stay in synergy with the MCU in which planets explode from one movie to the next #RIPAsgard, buildings like the Avengers HQ destroyed...It's not like Hogwarts which has been standing for centuries.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has been a huge success, why? Well, because people can become wizards, cast spells, in short, become actors rather than spectators. Between being ordinary New Yorkers taken hostage by villains and actively acting in the heat of the action, the choice is quickly made.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom