News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Brenthodge

Wendy has a pole sticking out of her.

I think we have our rose-colored glasses on. The 50th castle was gaudy as the kids and The Zach would say. No Mary Blair in sight. It was decorated like a crazy bohemian decorates her “garden” with 74 lawn gnomes, assorted butterflies, and a series of other lawn ornaments picked up at 83 different yard sales.
Agree. And the bedazzled Disneyland crowns look like a crafter went crazy with a glue gun and a few pounds of sequins.

Brian

Agree. And the bedazzled Disneyland crowns look like a crafter went crazy with a glue gun and a few pounds of sequins.
I preferred the crowns, despite their "over the top" appearance, because each of them were unique. You can tell that they really put a lot of thought into the design of each of them, and into what they represented.

Meanwhile, they wrap Cinderella Castle in some fake ribbons.

brihow

I preferred the crowns, despite their "over the top" appearance, because each of them were unique. You can tell that they really put a lot of thought into the design of each of them, and into what they represented.

Meanwhile, they wrap Cinderella Castle in some fake ribbons.
I agree - but I also appreciate that the ribbons are a completely different look and that they aren't just repeating themselves.

hosekiller

So far, the ribbons don’t look bad.....most of the time. They kinda change color with the lighting, and when they look good, they look great. But there were a couple of times they looked kinda dull. After seeing it in person, I don’t mind the decorations.

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

They’re moving quickly with ribbon installation.
9D29DF1D-415C-47AD-8229-ED39F82085BB.jpeg
EA6C6BAC-4D7F-4697-95B5-2BDC6CEA2ED6.jpeg
86440BFB-7984-4E3D-B10B-B33D58EAE597.jpeg

BF993F69-5C5E-46AA-8975-B41EB0935EF2.jpeg

More photos are on that one site.

hosekiller

Do the ribbons look better in the direct sun or do they always look copper/bronze instead of gold?
From what I saw, they look good in the mornings and late afternoon/evening, but brown during the middle of the day. IMO they really pop and look great in lower light conditions, but look real drab in full sun.

ChristianG

I think it's looking great! Not discrediting anyone's opinions, but I think there's a tendency to nitpick on this forum and make things bigger than they are. I think as a whole, the castle is going to look really great. Could we do without the pink? Maybe. I was a fan at first but I'm picturing the 50th decorations with the white and blue color scheme and it seems like it would be more effective. Regardless, I'm loving the bunting and the ribbons!

cjkeating

I'm glad the roofs have been painted a different shade now, but will always have an issue with just how shiny and plastic they look. I thought the fact that they were one solid colour just really emphasized the fact that it really is a fake castle. But I thought painting each shingle on the roof would be a ridiculous and arduous task! They'd never do anything like that! Far too much work!

And then, last night I saw this -

ho-hum... :confused:

The Paris castle still remains the most beautiful Disney castle that's in any of the parks.

When I watched this and saw them creating the shingles one by one by hand it really opened my eyes.

JoeCamel

The pink is actually kind of nice when photographed around sunrise/sunset. Even looks good on a cloudy day too. Still doesn’t change that on a sunny afternoon, we get the Malibu Dream House castle. On my next visit, I’ll just have to make sure to avoid looking at her between the hours of 11 and 5.
The mouse will sell you some high tech glasses to protect your eyes $149.95
tron.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom