Jungle Cruise Update

ToTBellHop

I still dont understand why they would remove the character but keep a restaurant named after him? Makes no sense to me.
What if they cut the character but skippers just throw in a joke about Trader Sam? They don’t show you Dr. Albert Falls but he is part of the lore, nonetheless. “Today’s cruise is sponsored by our head hunter, Trader Sam. Feel free to stop by Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, where, if you mention today’s cruise, you can take advantage of his 2 for 1 sale! 2 of his heads for one of yours!”

Professortango1

I still dont understand why they would remove the character but keep a restaurant named after him? Makes no sense to me.

Because the depiction was problematic, not the name. Trader Sam's can still be the name of a tropical bar as most of us are familiar with Trader Joe's without ever needing to see what he looks like. There's no reason to change the name of the bar.

_caleb

Are you asking if the Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland hotel (opened in 2011) is named after the Trader Sam character from the Jungle Cruise??
I’m asking because several of the people who complained in this thread about “backstories” are now worried about Disney changing the name of the bar at the hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom