Fog on Splash Mountain?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was talking to a coworker today about Disney and they said they had gone on Splash Mountain in February 1993, so relatively shortly after opening. They said they remember there was a mist/fog effect around each scene. Not enough to cover the scene but enough to surround the feet of most characters. I've never seen/heard of anything like this so I figured I'd ask here if anyone had seen it or heard of it?

ToTBellHop

I was talking to a coworker today about Disney and they said they had gone on Splash Mountain in February 1993, so relatively shortly after opening. They said they remember there was a mist/fog effect around each scene. Not enough to cover the scene but enough to surround the feet of most characters. I've never seen/heard of anything like this so I figured I'd ask here if anyone had seen it or heard of it?
Doesn’t ring a bell.

Tom Morrow

In the early years of Splash, there was a bit of a mist in the Briar Patch to somewhat obscure the hole you dropped through. Essentially as you went down the final drop, you passed thru the mist cloud and under the Briar Patch.

this video shows it at around 6:00

I remember the mist around the briar patch and drop. It definitely made the drop a little scarier. I don't remember it anywhere else, though.

yensidtlaw1969

The mist around the Briar Patch had the bonus effect of enhancing the feeling of the drop as a Waterfall - big enough ones always kick up mist around the bottom. But obscuring the fact that you were going to be tunneling under the Briar Patch intead of plunging headlong into it was certainly the main point of it.

I wonder if they'll bring it back with the Princess and the Frog rework - like dropping down into the mists of the Bayou . . .

duder

Splash is such a disaster at WDW in its current form. So much so that I would welcome the re-fresh to PatF (not that I believe that will actually happen anytime soon, if ever). Ill stick to Tokyo for my real Splash experience.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Splash is such a disaster at WDW in its current form. So much so that I would welcome the re-fresh to PatF (not that I believe that will actually happen anytime soon, if ever). Ill stick to Tokyo for my real Splash experience.
Splash at WDW looks fine

spock8113

There also used to be mist/fog at the top of the final slide and at the bottom.
That picture above is a recycled set from America Sings, which was a revamp of the Carousel of Progress at DL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom