SPOILERS: Falcons & the Winter Soldier Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

NateD1226

Some fun and interesting interviews:

MarvelCharacterNerd

I think they idea is they are not amateurs...
This - and it's Worf syndrome. Worf repeatedly got his butt kicked on TNG by everyone to show just how powerful they were. Because if they could take down Worf, they had to be super-dangerous. But as a result, it made him look incapable. So it'll be a fine line here with Bucky, too.

Timmay

This - and it's Worf syndrome. Worf repeatedly got his butt kicked on TNG by everyone to show just how powerful they were. Because if they could take down Worf, they had to be super-dangerous. But as a result, it made him look incapable. So it'll be a fine line here with Bucky, too.
No, I get the storytelling method...look how dangerous and tough these people are...it’s just weak storytelling to me is all. And I’m still sticking with the term amateurs...unless they have been doing this kind of thing as long as Bucky has.

khlaylav

No, I get the storytelling method...look how dangerous and tough these people are...it’s just weak storytelling to me is all. And I’m still sticking with the term amateurs...unless they have been doing this kind of thing as long as Bucky has.
You sorta get the downward trend with Bucky over time, though. In Civil War he gets bodied by the other Winter Soldiers in the flashback, and Spidey catches his punch and moves it around.

Then in this one he gets hit by a surprise attack by someone as strong or stronger than him and immediately ganged up on by people at his level physically.

I also think he's not in Winter Soldier mode anymore. It's another trope, "Redemption Demotion." Rather common and not really weak storytelling. Think of it this way-would it have been a fun or good show if what happened in that fight scene is Bucky going Winter Soldier and immediately slaughtering everyone around him?

DCLcruiser

We're also coming from WandaVision, with the most powerful character in the MCU. Now we have a show about sidekicks w/ a lot less power.

Having Bucky and Sam act more human, and vulnerable (psychological/societal), is probably more realistic to their actual abilities (especially since the FS had 5 years to prepare for battle).

Last edited:

Timmay

You sorta get the downward trend with Bucky over time, though. In Civil War he gets bodied by the other Winter Soldiers in the flashback, and Spidey catches his punch and moves it around.

Then in this one he gets hit by a surprise attack by someone as strong or stronger than him and immediately ganged up on by people at his level physically.

I also think he's not in Winter Soldier mode anymore. It's another trope, "Redemption Demotion." Rather common and not really weak storytelling. Think of it this way-would it have been a fun or good show if what happened in that fight scene is Bucky going Winter Soldier and immediately slaughtering everyone around him?
Oh yeah, I definitely see what you’re saying. I don’t expect Bucky to go through everything like a hot knife through butter. First, full disclosure...Bucky/Winter Soldier has always been my favorite, even way back in the comics...so yeah, little biased. Second, for me the super soldier serum thing has run its course, having gone all the way back to The Incredible Hulk. I’d be more open to some kind of tech weapon or something along those lines, which was really interesting in Homecoming. I’d like to see that explored more.

khlaylav

Alright, so if no minds, I'm gonna get into some rank speculation.

There's been talk around the internet that Episode 5 is gonna have a cameo that will blow people's minds. Here's a quote from the creator of the show, Malcolm Spellman:

"'There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong.'"

There's been a ton of theories on who it could be. Funnily enough, the article I just read didn't even mention the character I think it is. They instead kept going on about it being misleading, or various different characters we've already seen like Ant-Man or Spider-Man.

But here's the thing. Not to get too political, but there's been a conscious effort on the part of the show to address not only the legacy of Captain America but also the legacy of race in the U.S. Like with Isaiah Bradley-he's from a comic series called Truth: Red, White and Black that deals with Black soldiers being tested on by a character in today's episode, Dr. Nagel. So there's a character out there we've already seen that deals with that legacy, of a Black man being tested and enhanced unethically, and who in the comics has had association with Falcon:

Luke Cage, played by Mike Colter.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Some of the best lines in this ep so far!

"I can't run in these heels!"

"Not my pig. Not my farm."

"You're not going to move your seat up, are you?" "No."

:D :D :D

Another great (and LONG - yay!) episode!

I squee'd way more for the kimoyo beads leading Bucky to Ayo than seeing Sharon. (Partly, yes, because we knew she was coming.) But getting to tie Bucky back to Wakanda makes me so happy - as did the 'White Wolf' callback in the previous episode.

And speaking of... I adore emo Bucky, but man I LOVE relentless kickass Winter Soldier!!! 😍

MarvelCharacterNerd

Alright, so if no minds, I'm gonna get into some rank speculation.

There's been talk around the internet that Episode 5 is gonna have a cameo that will blow people's minds. Here's a quote from the creator of the show, Malcolm Spellman:

"'There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong.'"

There's been a ton of theories on who it could be. Funnily enough, the article I just read didn't even mention the character I think it is. They instead kept going on about it being misleading, or various different characters we've already seen like Ant-Man or Spider-Man.

But here's the thing. Not to get too political, but there's been a conscious effort on the part of the show to address not only the legacy of Captain America but also the legacy of race in the U.S. Like with Isaiah Bradley-he's from a comic series called Truth: Red, White and Black that deals with Black soldiers being tested on by a character in today's episode, Dr. Nagel. So there's a character out there we've already seen that deals with that legacy, of a Black man being tested and enhanced unethically, and who in the comics has had association with Falcon:

Luke Cage, played by Mike Colter.
That thought made my heart grow three sizes. I would literally break down in tears of absolute joy for that to happen and I think it would be totally right and organic to this series for the reasons you mentioned. But I just don't see it actually happening.
I think there's a decent chance of the speculation/wishful thinking of Daredevil/Charlie appearing in SM3, but if so, I think it would be in a multiverse capacity. I don't think they're willing to combine the Netflix-verse with the MCU as much as I'd love it SO MUCH (especially with Daredevil, Luke Cage and Punisher).
Though it's a BRILLIANT and perfect notion.

I honestly couldn't think of a better choice.
Except if he brought Misty Knight along too and she and Bucky could compare bionic arms! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom