News Walt Disney World leadership reshuffle sees changes at the top of three of the parks

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I wish the Parks part of the Disney company would spinoff to be their own entity, with a dedicated CEO and company stock.

Then MAYBE things would change. This reshuffle isn't anything but a game of corporate musical chairs that strategically puts new people in areas they don't belong to further control them. I'm so tired of all the "Yes people" within this company. Real change isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Obobru

I'd shut down all the rides. Every one of them. Turn them into a bar. Except The Land. I'd make that a distillery. Close all the restaurants too. Need more bar space. I'd have carts selling overpriced hot dogs and some Mickey pretzels. Then I'd jack up the drink prices. Market it as an "Adventure Park".

I would also position two large signs at each exit (FW and IG) that lit up in bright neon lights that the guests would read as they stumbled out of the park that said "Free Beer Tomorrow".

So yeah, pretty much a Food and Wine Saturday Night - year round. We're close. Hopefully somebody can fix it.
Ok so how long after posting this odd take Disney's hiring dept to make you an offer, can't have been too long as this sounds like the perfect pitch for the job.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Ok so how long after posting this odd take Disney's hiring dept to make you an offer, can't have been too long as this sounds like the perfect pitch for the job.

I start a week from Monday. But I just said that to get the job. I'll keep a few of them open. But they have to be strategic. I might open a new one or two for aesthetics but the beer carts go into prohibition. Into the waste bin of history. And "drinking teams" are banned. I'm all for enjoying an alcoholic beverage or three. But speed drinking should be discouraged.

The Africa pavilion is gone too (or whatever the heck that is). Putting a bar there. It's called the Adventurer's Club. Right between China and Germany. I think it'd fit nicely. Kungaloosh!

TrainsOfDisney

What like axe nearly all the entertainment? What exactly are you referring to by “work her magic”?
To be fair... all of the full time CM Epcot entertainers still have jobs. Unlike the other 3 parks.

It’s pretty impressive that the Voices, Mariachi, Jammitors, and Carol the piano player all have jobs.

Mr Mindcrime

I wish the Parks part of the Disney company would spinoff to be their own entity, with a dedicated CEO and company stock.
An interesting pipe dream to be sure. In good times (i.e. pre-COVID) the parks contribute too much to the bottom line for Disney to spin this off. As it is, Parks are only about 25% of total revenue so for the right price, it could be done while still leaving DIS as a large, profitable media and entertainment company. But I don't see it happening.

On the other side, the parks and resorts are capital intensive. As a stand-alone entity, the ability to get adequate access to capital markets without media and entertainment as support, might make obtaining growth capital a lot more of a challenge.

To be sure, having Parks be a stand-alone entity where the only focus is growing and improving the Park and Resort experience, would be a dream come true for the hard-core Disney fan, but I'd think it be a case of "careful what you wish for". Yes, the Park Plans would be exciting but could they actually pay for them and then could they actually make money (don't dismiss capacity issues).

Not to mention that in reality, the parks and resorts (again, pre-COVID) were crowded (and profitable) beyond belief WITHOUT having to invest in the way that the hardcore fan dreams about. In other words....you keep going and accepting less and paying more...and the Bob's will be happy to oblige.

Movielover

1612171366346.png

@marni1971 Walking into Imagineering after being elected Epcot VP. Colorized

tirian

I'm unfamiliar with any of these people.

What makes this pick a good choice and the others poor choices?
Obviously, PR has crafted over-the-top statements to signal the correct boxes were checked, but they might be fantastic leaders. We’ll have to wait to see.

I do hope they’re good at their jobs, because the last time a “statement hire” was made, it was a disaster (in-over-her-head Meg). We are still dealing with the repercussions of Meg’s tenure: the preschool-ization of WDW.

tirian

I’m not sure if we will ever recover from that mistake. :(
Not without completely new leadership. Walt’s company is dead. I don’t mean to sound despairing. I’ve accepted this fact and will enjoy the remaining good stuff as long as I can. :)

Less experienced fans will continue defending bad decisions with a creepy, questionable religious faith based on an entertainment company. The rest of us will just have to remember how much more magic used to be there before the late Iger era.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom