Cast Member Drinking Water From Decorative Fountains?

Goofyernmost

I can understand why they let him go, but how much safer is that water then any other in the place. The drinking fountains taste like the water was run directly through or filtered via sulfur. That water is so chlorinated that nothing bad could live in it, but it would sure leave a nasty aftertaste I would imagine.

aliceismad

The irrigation water for landscaping and such is absolutely recycled. Not 100% positive about the fountains.
Interesting! Graywater and purple water/recycled water are being used more and more for irrigation, especially golf courses, military bases, etc., although I hear about that a lot more in the West where water use and drought is a big concern. My own neighborhood uses recycled water for irrigation of some common areas (you can tell which areas because they used purple covers on the sprinkler valve boxes). But I don't know much about the regulations in Florida.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Interesting! Graywater and purple water/recycled water are being used more and more for irrigation, especially golf courses, military bases, etc., although I hear about that a lot more in the West where water use and drought is a big concern. My own neighborhood uses recycled water for irrigation of some common areas (you can tell which areas because they used purple covers on the sprinkler valve boxes). But I don't know much about the regulations in Florida.
Disney has their own water recycling facility. I believe the output is technically potable.

Goofyernmost

I'm pretty sure the fountain water is reclaimed from sewage.
Yea, and? Where do you think your drinking water comes from? Sewage water doesn't just move to a holding area for all sewage water. It goes to a place we call the rest of the earth, lakes, rivers, oceans and underground aquifers. It is pumped out of the ground, lake, rivers, etc. chlorinated and you make your coffee, tea and cook your meals with it. Just about all of our drinking water was sewage just a few days ago. There is no new water. The filtering takes out the solids, chlorination kills the germs that we cannot see.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

In west central FL and in other places I think, developers are required to install reclaimed water systems for irrigation. I think they have to balance the inflow of city water with the capacity of the irrigation.
Signage is required at outlets for non-potable water.
That is what I see be it city medians or parks

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom