Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

bcoachable

Epic Universe has a hotel at the back. Sort of like the Disneyland Hotel in France or the Hotel Mira Costa but at the back of the park instead of the front.
So to your understanding, it’s not going to have an in the park feel? I had the feeling that if you were to stay there, and your room had views, you could watch the nighttime show from your room/rooftop bar- and feel as if you were staying “in the park”

Cmdr_Crimson

So to your understanding, it’s not going to have an in the park feel? I had the feeling that if you were to stay there, and your room had views, you could watch the nighttime show from your room/rooftop bar- and feel as if you were staying “in the park”
Don't you "kind of" get that at Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk, and Swan & Dolphin? Sure you got to have a good angle and perspective tho..

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
If you look closely in the video it says the architect is Gensler. They are a full service design firm. I have worked with them in the past and some buildings are nice but let’s hope somebody else does the interiors as their hotels inside are generic. They designed the Westin Hotel at the Denver airport. Expect building size and shape similarities due to height restrictions. I’d put money on a design like this...

Funny how the rendering of the new EPCOT entrance renovation looks like it was taken from a hotel room at the front of the park, no?

DVCakaCarlF

If you look closely in the video it says the architect is Gensler. They are a full service design firm. I have worked with them in the past and some buildings are nice but let’s hope somebody else does the interiors as their hotels inside are generic. They designed the Westin Hotel at the Denver airport. Expect building size and shape similarities due to height restrictions. I’d put money on a design like this...

Funny how the rendering of the new EPCOT entrance renovation looks like it was taken from a hotel room at the front of the park, no?
Can you provide link or screenshots?

bcoachable

Don't you "kind of" get that at Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk, and Swan & Dolphin? Sure you got to have a good angle and perspective tho..
Yea- I guess so! Not probably quite the same feel as something that after it is built, you walk out the doors right into the park, though. I think if done tastefully, it could be really cool. Just not sure that it will be done tastefully- I have a feeling it will end up being gaudy, because of the ultimate goals of the project.... and the track record of what is currently being done with Jarmonius.

lazyboy97o

It’ll be in the park like the two I mentioned. Rooms will overlook the park and the central hub specifically. So new to Florida but not new to theme parks.

Kamikaze

But seriously who is asking for this? I'm sure there will be plenty of people lining up for a room but it just seems...so odd. Especially right now when that whole side of the park is a dumpster fire. Apparently the only thing that Disney is really willing to make a solid investment on are ones that have a 100% guarantee like a hotel. For a destination that has a crowd problem (when times are normal) they sure aren't going to help their cause by adding another hotel.
Remember that even if this process restarted in Feb it would probably be 2026 before the hotel opened.

Surferboy567

Previously, three sites were proposed by @Magic Feather and @marni1971 : (1) Entrance, (2) Innoventions, and (3) Land/Seas.

If this resurrected rumor is true, then Innoventions West seems like the most reasonable possibility because the building has been razed and the site is prepared for construction. No fencing needed. Build within the existing footprint.
Isn’t that were Moana is going?

M:SpilotISTC12

Remember that even if this process restarted in Feb it would probably be 2026 before the hotel opened.
I'm not doubting the time line but more or less the budget of things. Just seems like a poor choice of use of funds right now. And as you pointed out construction moves at a snail's pace so with FW being a mess right now we may not even get anything close to a completed FW until 2026. Another hotel is not needed now until FW is somewhat fixed. If money is "tight", a hotel shouldn't be a priority unless they are showing they really don't care about the park. It's going to take years to recover financially. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom