News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I understand the hate TRON is receiving, much of it deserved from a Park Ops and sightlines perspective, but to start comparing the unfinished canopy, which when complete will have a fairly impressive lighting package, to a corporate Bank building in Ohio just doesn't really seem justified at this point. I've noticed the hyperbole has been strong in my threads here lately.
I’m not saying it’s bad it’s just what it reminded me of! I think the Tron building in Shanghai looks awesome!

Bocabear

I literally linked a video that shows a 66 second dispatch between trains at a single station... Where did you get 4-5 minutes??
being there and riding it...watching how long it took to reload and then added an extra minute for WDW's notoriously slow loading guests...

SplashJacket

Yes, and due to cultural differences, guests in China manage to listen and board a more complex ride vehicle better than Florida visitors. It’s hard enough to get the right number of people into coasters and and then to get them to pull lap bars down. This is considerably more complex. My rides on FoP are routinely delayed by people who can’t board correctly.
I remember hearing the Chinese audience was so unfamiliar with the concept of theme parks that they would constantly cut the line and not listen to staff. 🧐

Seanual757

Can they at least expedite the outside area of Tron so WDW Railroad can open this year? Seriously, it's been too long. Get those tracks done asap.
That will the final step hard scape, path ways, landscaping, and signage need to be completed. They can however start to prep the area as they are finishing up and then lay down the tracks.

My guess is Disney is going to be ready for an Late winter early Spring 2022 Tron opening just in time for Spring Break.

gerarar

Premium Member
A6751166-6D41-4787-996F-F6755D273D17.jpeg

Incomudro

It'll be higher than you think. I'd be willing to bet that as much as 15-20% of guests on any given day won't even attempt to ride Tron either because they're not interested or because they simply can't.

ROTR isn't comparable to a roller coaster at all, and SDD and 7 Dwarfs are family coasters. Tron isn't.

That's not a bad thing for Disney, though. I think it would be impossible for even 50% of guests to ride it in a single day, so having some percentage completely uninterested is helpful.

I agree, Tron is going to appear off putting to a certain portion of Disney guests.
The idea of sitting outside on the cycle is not something that some people are going to go for.

EricsBiscuit

They won’t be launching a train every 33 seconds in Florida.

14 people won’t fit on a train.

It‘ll break down a lot because it’s Magic Kingdom.

Yes, and due to cultural differences, guests in China manage to listen and board a more complex ride vehicle better than Florida visitors. It’s hard enough to get the right number of people into coasters and and then to get them to pull lap bars down. This is considerably more complex. My rides on FoP are routinely delayed by people who can’t board correctly.
Anecdotal and unsubstantiated. You have no way of knowing how well the ops team will perform on a coaster opening at the earliest next year. Neither does Bob Chapek. No one does. The only logical assumption is that they can use previous lessons learned in Shanghai to improve ops on the new version. Just because you hate Florida does not mean that they will do worse.

ToTBellHop

Anecdotal and unsubstantiated. You have no way of knowing how well the ops team will perform on a coaster opening at the earliest next year. Neither does Bob Chapek. No one does. The only logical assumption is that they can use previous lessons learned in Shanghai to improve ops on the new version. Just because you hate Florida does not mean that they will do worse.
I don’t hate FL in the slightest. I intend to retire there.

I do understand WDW guests on a macroscopic level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom