Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
For dessert my Mom got the Caramel ice cream
tempImage9jl3pA.jpg

Everything about this meal was great. The service, the atmosphere, the food. We were so happy to be back. For some reason my Mom and I kept thinking it was our last day (we have this problem in general every trip) and kept having to remind ourselves it was only our 2nd day! After our chaotic first day we were so happy to have had such a chill day :)
Since we were already in the pavilion we hopped in line for the Gran Fiesta Tour. I thought they would be mad because we did not wait in the outside line for the whole pavilion, but no one noticed.
FRONT ROW
tempImageYKSAwH.jpg

Front row is even more important now that Plexiglas is a thing :)
As you may know the fact that there is a "fiesta hoy" every day is a running joke in our family so we took this photo for them!
tempImagexvIe8J.jpg

tempImagezhx5cG.jpg

We joked that these were the only fireworks we would see all trip!
tempImageuPF8Ju.jpg

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ANIMATRONICS?
tempImage1Otwit.jpg

Anyway, after this we decided to head out. It was crowded and actually quite cold so it was a nice time to stroll out.
Goodnight Spaceship Earth!
39F9CAB8-3830-4CDD-A858-92D403121812.jpeg

Next up: Day 3

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Ahh take me back! Your report (and others) will get me through to whenever it is that I'll be able to get back. Especially photos like your LWTL ones-- for whatever reason, I felt the warmth and sunshine in the greenhouse, and want to be there!! :cry:

So glad you got to go back, you deserve it after such a year! Love reading along.

tommcp516

late the white rabbit GIF

First of all, thank you for your dedication to your vocation and for your care for your patients during this pandemic.

I'm late to the party but I am really enjoying your TR so far--especially since we'll be staying at the Yacht Club in less than two weeks!

I love all the great photos and the detail--I have a Pre-Trip report already started but will definitely be using your style for inspiration when I go to write my actual TR 😀

BrerWayne

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
View attachment 539303
View attachment 539304
The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
View attachment 539305
Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
View attachment 539325

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
View attachment 539324
Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
View attachment 539321
Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
View attachment 539322
View attachment 539323
Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
View attachment 539343
Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
View attachment 539341

Next up: more travel
So glad to see your trip report! I am an ICU nurse in New Orleans. We were really hard hit because we had Mardi Gras right before Covid exploded-I guess you could say it was a super spreader event. We worked incredible hours and saw a lot of death. And like you said when you finally got some time off there were no outlets-restaurants closed, no movies, no travel, gyms were closed. Got my vaccine Dec. 23 right before Christmas. I have not had the opportunity to travel yet, but thanks to you, @fractal, @Darstarr, @wdisney9000, @riverside, I feel as though I have taken many trips back to the Happiest Place on Earth. So thank you so much to all of you and many others who have done trip reports. You do not know it but y'all have helped keep me sane through this global pandemic and for that I am grateful.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love your outfit for your Epcot night! And yeah from the pictures I've seen, I agree that the Harmonious floats are terrible. I'm bummed about not having that beautiful view across the lagoon anymore :cry:

Thank you!!! And they are awful....totally ruins the view!

Out of curiosity(esp bc I have a reservation at San Angel next month) how were you able to bypass the line to get in? We ate there in October & had to wait in that ridiculously long line to get in. Did I miss something?

There was a sign by the side handicap ramp that said if you had a reservation you should go in over there. So I asked the CM directing traffic and she let us right in after making sure that our table was ready :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ahh take me back! Your report (and others) will get me through to whenever it is that I'll be able to get back. Especially photos like your LWTL ones-- for whatever reason, I felt the warmth and sunshine in the greenhouse, and want to be there!! :cry:

So glad you got to go back, you deserve it after such a year! Love reading along.

Thank you!!! I hope you get to go back soon!!!!!

late the white rabbit GIF

First of all, thank you for your dedication to your vocation and for your care for your patients during this pandemic.

I'm late to the party but I am really enjoying your TR so far--especially since we'll be staying at the Yacht Club in less than two weeks!

I love all the great photos and the detail--I have a Pre-Trip report already started but will definitely be using your style for inspiration when I go to write my actual TR 😀

Aww thank you!! And welcome!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So glad to see your trip report! I am an ICU nurse in New Orleans. We were really hard hit because we had Mardi Gras right before Covid exploded-I guess you could say it was a super spreader event. We worked incredible hours and saw a lot of death. And like you said when you finally got some time off there were no outlets-restaurants closed, no movies, no travel, gyms were closed. Got my vaccine Dec. 23 right before Christmas. I have not had the opportunity to travel yet, but thanks to you, @fractal, @Darstarr, @wdisney9000, @riverside, I feel as though I have taken many trips back to the Happiest Place on Earth. So thank you so much to all of you and many others who have done trip reports. You do not know it but y'all have helped keep me sane through this global pandemic and for that I am grateful.

Thank you so much for all your work!!! I was actually supposed to be in New Orleans for a conference right when COVID started so I was watching those numbers closer and it was so bad!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 - February 21, 2021
We woke up in the middle of the night to a message about credit card safety. The blinking light woke us up. It would have been fine but this happened almost every night for the whole trip. So weird....a message every day at like 11:30 pm about not giving your credit card out to strangers 🤷‍♀️
Anyway we woke up for good at 6:40 am, got ready, and headed downstairs for some breakfast.
We got the reusable cups and they were so dumb. We had to bring the cup down but they could not fill the cup so they gave you a throw away one. In hindsight we should have just kept the receipt and brought that down instead.
For our (very nutritious) breakfast we got a muffin - me and a cupcake - Mom
tempImageAYEwjI.jpg

tempImagenSwplw.jpg

I saw on the app the bus was coming so we sprinted outside. It was actually already there and about to leave, but they waited for us!
I was making a video on the bus when we realized that my Mom never put her mask on after breakfast. WHOOPS! No one even said anything!
We made it to MK as they were just letting people in! Perfect timing!
We headed over toward Tomorrowland first!
It was pretty dead over there!
tempImagelv84h2.jpg

We missed the Peoplemover :(
tempImageGo8XTi.jpg

They did not open Space Mountain right away, but we wanted to go on it so we waited!
tempImageejumzB.jpg

I took some photos while we waited
EA9A1D4B-733E-4AB5-A36E-89172E845BE5.jpeg

A781BE78-9CD8-4096-B659-5F73960D9CAD.jpeg

Overall we only waited about 8 minutes before they let us in! Yay!
tempImageyaF841.jpg

I was so happy to be on Space Mountain! I missed my favorite ride so much!
F1423A8B-151A-4F77-81B3-0C5745DBE105.jpeg

We actually went on again since there was still no one in line!
CBFCC23E-F91B-4B55-AD70-14B2E3F785B8.jpeg

Next up: More MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We headed to Buzz Lightyear after this!
We missed this ride so much - especially since we never actually rode it our last trip before COVID so it had been an extra long time.
tempImagevIwhiq.jpg

tempImageLpFD48.jpg

tempImageQEcYJg.jpg

My gun was not really working .....
tempImagehop1fV.jpg

tempImageI5qEkh.jpg

500659ED-2D95-43A5-9A39-F685D7CF7E41.jpeg

We wanted to go on BTMR so we headed over there next - some castle photos along the way.
tempImagelAeYUF.jpg

tempImagenEkkPH.jpg

tempImageBp4R7t.jpg

I saw this on Instagram and I was like oh man thank goodness we did not have to run a half this day :joyfull:
34CC85B6-F9D9-4FDC-A755-3E19533A4802.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Here is a lovely photo of me that my Mom took...I was getting out a candy belt. We are obsessed with this candy - we would eat it while in line the whole trip! If anyone does not know what I am talking about they are the sour candy strips that are in the Buzz Lightyear bag!
6D10EE8C-49DC-4FC5-B0B6-49DD055B2B4B.jpeg

I took a ton of BTMR photos while in line. We never wait in stand-by so there was so much to see!
D13D898B-1CFA-40E9-B1FA-D4733EFD9835.jpeg

1CB9A5C5-992D-4DEE-9F8C-126D9E239140.jpeg

A light for you....
3DC24D1A-5201-491B-960F-743F98F4EB7D.jpeg

I spy Splash Mountain.
DCCE58B6-D58E-46F4-AD09-BAC647D7AA7D.jpeg

9D53C8DB-E07F-4DF7-9F7D-68CE3C9EBF27.jpeg

EB0E8C79-FB49-407D-AF86-9F4AAEA259BE.jpeg

91C186AB-8734-48C3-89BD-0ECB2EF4907D.jpeg

9608FA78-1C55-4C39-A93D-79494FE2356C.jpeg

B4268B47-2BFE-4BE0-AD34-D83199D43CD2.jpeg

Next up: more BTMR

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
More BTMR
7DAE1B87-2D0C-4834-9FF0-5490990B97BE.jpeg

722F87E6-9217-4B10-8512-9C7E25ABABE1.jpeg

9D0F1533-52C6-4FC2-8CF4-5AC6ABA64DC6.jpeg

BB7C0291-A0AF-4DF3-B0FB-0EA191E6F158.jpeg

Another light for you....(if anyone is new to my trip reports I have a thing for photographing lights).
E1AC6EB1-4E4F-4AAC-9481-CC07943E943B.jpeg

37B0AF94-B9F4-44E7-8FDE-6AE96AC3E40F.jpeg

tempImageFjDSiI.jpg

We made it down to the loading area in about 25 minutes! Not bad! (and really most of that was continuous moving)
tempImage0TxUB2.jpg

We were back row! @Longers I hope these photos helped you a little :(
tempImagetpEXgX.jpg

tempImageaUviRV.jpg

Next up: more MK

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Here is a lovely photo of me that my Mom took...I was getting out a candy belt. We are obsessed with this candy - we would eat it while in line the whole trip! If anyone does not know what I am talking about they are the sour candy strips that are in the Buzz Lightyear bag!
Oh man, I LOVE those! I wish I had some right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom