News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

wdrive

I believe characters are actors. That is very different. Much like performing on a stage. And, in that case, the actress can put makeup on to cover it up.

Comparing an actress playing Snow White to the person cleaning up toddler crap in the handicap stall for appearance is quite a drastic difference.

Remember when Disneyland used to be a show...

And also that is very rude towards Custodial cast

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
That I agree with!

And don't get me wrong. I see both sides to the argument. If a female CM has a small Four Leaf Clover tattooed just above the wrist. There shouldn't be a problem with it. Even if its a big Four Leaf Clover. On the other hand, if she's sporting a tattoo that reads "Disney S&*ks" - I get why that would be a problem.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Remember when Disneyland used to be a show...

And also that is very rude towards Custodial cast
I'll have my fiancee weigh in, who worked for 2 years at McDonalds during high school and literally had to clean up human s*** in the bathroom... Just to make it a fair representation coming from someone who worked in a similar area.

"If I'm working custodial for just a little bit above minimum wage, nobody's telling me how I'm going to fix up my hair."

Simple as that. I'd be willing to bet that most custodial cast members would prefer to be in charge of their own hair, lol.

dreday3

But you mentioned tattoos and I’ve asked about that and you can’t answer me.

Personally I don’t have a problem with them changing the look regarding hairstyles or religious wear. Hence why I didn’t ask about that.

You actually need me to answer if a tattoo of a gun or racist image or profanity would be inappropriate vs a tattoo of a daisy? :rolleyes:

Again, I assumed we were all smarter than this.

wdrive

I'll have my fiancee weigh in, who worked for 2 years at McDonalds during high school and literally had to clean up human s*** in the bathroom... Just to make it a fair representation coming from someone who worked in a similar area.

"If I'm working custodial for just a little bit above minimum wage, nobody's telling me how I'm going to fix up my hair."

Simple as that. I'd be willing to bet that most custodial cast members would prefer to be in charge of their own hair, lol.

Well then they can chose not to work at Disney. Plenty will take the job and be told how to have their hair.

wdrive

You actually need me to answer if a tattoo of a gun or racist image or profanity would be inappropriate vs a tattoo of a daisy? :rolleyes:

Again, I assumed we were all smarter than this.

Yes because how do you police that in a company of however many thousands?

What’s okay and what’s not? It’s a can of worms.

And please stop with the insults. A true sign of a weak argument.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
We will need to hear from someone who goes through an updated Traditions class. I'll ask my CM friend who is being rehired after layoff.
It’s true, it’s explained that the inclusion key is a “booster” to the other keys. While the other keys go in order of importance, inclusion can fall under any of the 4 original keys.

dreday3

You haven’t. And you’re not going to.
And it is.

Now I know you're just joshing!!! 🤣 :D You all continue on with the old boys club mentality, conveniently ignore everything else I've addressed that makes you uncomfortable and the rest of us will keep moving forward. I hope you aren't too upset when the Hindu girl with a nose piercing sells you a water or helps you at the concierge desk.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I absolutely agree........ Hence why Disney is adjusting their rules. Because there are plenty of other places to work with less restrictions. Lol.
It’s most likely going to allow for exceptions for different hair types, not “wear your hair anyway you please”. For the last 65 years the rule has always been that the hair has to be neat in appearance, that’s not going to change, it may just be now neat hair includes braids and beads.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It’s most likely going to allow for exceptions for different hair types, not “wear your hair anyway you please”. For the last 65 years the rule has always been that the hair has to be neat in appearance, that’s not going to change, it may just be now neat hair includes braids and beads.
Yes.

I never said people needed to be walking around with half shaved heads or bed hair.

lazyboy97o

I believe characters are actors. That is very different. Much like performing on a stage. And, in that case, the actress can put makeup on to cover it up.

Comparing an actress playing Snow White to the person cleaning up toddler crap in the handicap stall for appearance is quite a drastic difference.
So why can’t another employee cover up a sleeve? If it is backwards and archaic for one person then it is for all. Why should that person have to give up their individual identity if it is wrong to make that part of a job?

While a custodian is not part of the show that is the reason for them to not have a look that draws attention. They are supposed to blend in. They’re the equivalent of the stagehands who have to wear all black to minimize how much they are seen.

A gun is an image of violence. Harry Potter is entertainment. One is bad, one is not. YOUUU decide!
There are people with Dark Mark tattoos, the symbol of the genocidal villain of the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom