News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Robbiem

Someone should convince Elon Musk to get Tesla to sponsor a redo of that attraction

Does anyone know if they kept the electric autopia cars from Hong Kong? They should have shipped them to DHS or carsland in DCA and freed up space for a new ride in the castle park

PuertoRekinSam

Not integrating a Speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog or otherwise making that space a multi use space was a mistake.
From a safety/risk management perspective there is no way this would be done in the 2010s. You will notice the ride path does not go directly over any Guest areas. And in parks where they do (islands, sea world, etc) they need to put safety nets between the coaster and the people below. If a speedway style ride went “in and around” slinky dog, it would be a bunch of nets, which would look absolutely awful.

JoeCamel

From a safety/risk management perspective there is no way this would be done in the 2010s. You will notice the ride path does not go directly over any Guest areas. And in parks where they do (islands, sea world, etc) they need to put safety nets between the coaster and the people below. If a speedway style ride went “in and around” slinky dog, it would be a bunch of nets, which would look absolutely awful.
Not really

PuertoRekinSam

Not really

Let me clarify... that will not happen in a Disney Park in the 2010s due to their safety/risk management practices.

as for Universal, I’ll see how long that last like that after the ride opens. after all this is the company that stopped dueling their dragons do to loose items

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not really

Let me clarify... that will not happen in a Disney Park in the 2010s due to their safety/risk management practices.

as for Universal, I’ll see how long that last like that after the ride opens. after all this is the company that stopped dueling their dragons do to loose items
As I said in the main thread, this would not be the first time Universal forgot nets for a dinosaur coaster. They had to be hastily added to The Flying Dinosaur at Universal Studios Japan.
The metal detectors & mandatory lockers.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I was going to say, that's the latest example. Cedar Point and Kennywood are two others that never had nets either.
There is also Carolina Cyclone at Carowinds which has been running since the dawn of time.
f304b9969292ffa24d1f8ff6ca1af407-600x337.jpg

And Fury 325 goes all the way across and over the park entrance walkway.
1.jpg

RSoxNo1

I know someone already posted Velocicoaster, but if it's really a concern nets and tunnels could still absolutely work.

Robbiem

I’m sure any safety nets etc could be built into the theming- driving through a toy car box or a green army man toy etc. You make the ride like a scalectrix car on a toy track

brb1006

The Hollywood Reporter just made this article about Bob Chapek and Iger this morning.

Article's illustration
35fea_disney_illo_w.jpg

Article contains some very colorful language by an anonymous producer with busines at Disney.

Last edited:

durangojim

The Hollywood Reporter just made this article about Bob Chapek and Iger this morning.

Article's illustration
35fea_disney_illo_w.jpg

Article contains some very colorful language by an anonymous producer with business with Disney.
It was an interesting article and to me really seemed to show how big Iger's ego is as if we didn't know that before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom