Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Stevek

I think the opposite. I think the only way to guarantee entrance will be to book at a hotel. I think it is very wise to grab a hotel reservation as soon as bookings open.

They‘ve been dying for a reason to ensure 100% booking at their on-site hotels.
I agree. We will very likely consider a hotel stay IF it’s not $500 a night and tix aren’t $250 a pop

PiratesMansion

So will everyone have to de-board at Tomorrowland?
They COULD do that, but you'd still be inside for less time than you would be for Pirates, Mansion, Indy, etc. with more airflow. Probably makes more sense to just let people stay on at that point.
Maybe be required to open up all gates and doors of the tunnel/show building to accommodate air flow....
A possibility, but they may just decide to keep everything operating as normal, assuming they're able to.

PiratesMansion

So I’m assuming you don’t think POTC, Mansion and IASW will be opening with the park? Definitely not paying those hotel rates if that’s the case
They said capacity limits, but they have not come right out and said that indoor attractions won't be operating.

I'm going to assume that any talk of the indoor attractions being closed because California is exaggerated hyperbole until proven otherwise by an official source or a first-hand account of someone who's able to visit once the gates reopen.

mickEblu

I agree. We will very likely consider a hotel stay IF it’s not $500 a night and tix aren’t $250 a pop

I’m hoping they are ONLY $500 a night. In a typical year as an AP going to Disneyland every 3 weeks that would be a big Nope for me. But we’re looking at this as a much needed vacation.

mickEblu

They said capacity limits, but they have not come right out and said that indoor attractions won't be operating.

I'm going to assume that any talk of the indoor attractions being closed because California is exaggerated hyperbole until proven otherwise by an official source or a first-hand account of someone who's able to visit once the gates reopen.

Right. I’m betting they’ll be open. Being they specified that “indoor dining” won’t be allowed but didn’t say the exact same thing for attractions. That’s why I’m thinking whatever they had to say about indoor attractions was more in regards to the queuing process but the “time restriction” bit is a little confusing.

Stevek

So I’m assuming you don’t think POTC, Mansion and IASW will be opening with the park? Definitely not paying those hotel rates if that’s the case
Purely a guess based on their vague wording. I certainly hope all are open given Disney has shown an ability to operate these rides in FL...which CA leaders likely don’t care about.

Stevek

I’m hoping they are ONLY $500 a night. In a typical year as an AP going to Disneyland every 3 weeks that would be a big Nope for me. But we’re looking at this as a much needed vacation.
Us too but we would likely prefer to put that money towards our WDW trip in December (assuming that still happens)

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Purely a guess based on their vague wording. I certainly hope all are open given Disney has shown an ability to operate these rides in FL...which CA leaders likely don’t care about.

I actually shared an internal TDA e-mail in this thread...

>>We (Disney) are working with the administration over the next few weeks to finalize the theme park guidance. According to the state, theme parks may not open until April 1.<<

mickEblu

Us too but we would likely prefer to put that money towards our WDW trip in December (assuming that still happens)

I see. Now that DL is reopening, I’m ok waiting until Spring 2022 for WDW (if all the new stuff is open) or even 2023 when the 50th crowds die down.

Disstevefan1

But it’s 15% at DL and 15 % at DCA right? Or are we not excited about DCA? I get it but I’m pretty sure I’m going to DCA if I can’t snag a DL reservation.

Anyway, between both parks being available and the fact that this isn’t a one day thing - I think getting a ticket to one of the parks by June is possible, maybe even probable. I’ll just have to create a pool with 5 small families. Everyone who gets in buys 10 tickets. I’m guessing that’s what will be allowed as they mentioned that number in regards to max # of people per party.
Best of luck. These early days of forced low capacity are going to be excellent once in a lifetime opportunity!

Stevek

I see. Now that DL is reopening, I’m ok waiting until Spring 2022 for WDW (if all the new stuff is open) or even 2023 when the 50th crowds die down.
Yeah, we could change as well. Part of our thinking is Early December is typically a good time to go and both ratatouille and harmonious will be open but the other draws for the 50th will not so it might be a good time to visit. We will see.

Stevek

I actually shared an internal TDA e-mail in this thread...

>>We (Disney) are working with the administration over the next few weeks to finalize the theme park guidance. According to the state, theme parks may not open until April 1.<<
Yep, I read that. Neither the TDA email or the state guidance address what I was commenting on...length of ride and if what will/won't be able to operate. Everything is speculation at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom