Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

"The CVS Pharmacy chain is vaccinating Florida teachers under age 50, circumventing state orders that continue to limit coronavirus inoculations to those over that age.

The chain also began vaccinating day care and preschool teachers Wednesday, even though Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has not yet opened the vaccination program to them. CVS is giving inoculations in two dozen cities across the state.

CVS said it is following Biden administration guidelines released this week, which are broader for educators than Florida’s. For teachers, Florida limits the vaccine to classroom teachers 50 and older who work in kindergarten through 12th grade. The federal guidelines allow day care workers, preschool teachers and educators in elementary, middle and high schools to be vaccinated with no age limit.

“We’ve aligned with updated Federal Retail Pharmacy Program guidelines by making appointments available to pre-K through 12 educators and staff and childcare workers in all 17 states where we currently offer COVID-19 vaccines,” the Rhode Island-based company said in a statement."

It makes sense for CVS to have a uniform policy across their stores instead of trying to manage each state and the changing whims of their governors separately.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It makes sense for CVS to have a uniform policy across their stores instead of trying to manage each state and the changing whims of their governors separately.

That’s politics. It’s florida...you gotta play to the oldies and the people that’s run their to bleed their savings over 20 years...

And they don’t want “damn taxes” to pay for the peasant children whose parents serve tourists.
Who cares about “schools”??? 🙄

If Tallahassee has said anything “against” this policy....it’s a “though doth protest too much”
Scenario.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Texas was a mess? Huh? What does that have to do with Biden? (Texas is the only state that doesn’t participate in the Federal power grid, they keep their power purely local). Make sure he can articulate it? What are you even talking about? Someone has been reading a bit too much Qanon.

Texas makes its own bed...then cries for help when it gets real.

That’s a rather common theme when you believe your own bluster. And there’s a few places guilty of that in varying degrees

Miss Bella

Texas was a mess? Huh? What does that have to do with Biden? (Texas is the only state that doesn’t participate in the Federal power grid, they keep their power purely local). Make sure he can articulate it? What are you even talking about? Someone has been reading a bit too much Qanon.
Did you not hear is presser last week. When he screwed up all the names and then couldn’t remembere where he was. They must really hide this stuff on msm.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow sounds like a lot of the CNN story telling. Truth be told "the government" functions on its own time table. As for Disney it also has its own established way of operating. To the person on the street the Ice Burg analogy would apply. Quite simply most of it is below the surface out of site.

There’s no conspiracy at all. It’s just a recognition of the reality on the ground with the government and corporate agendas.

...I also don’t disagree with you at all. Incase that was the mistaken impression I gave.

If you go way back...my hunch was that Disney was not happy with Florida’s reopening push last spring/summer...they went along with it and it could have been a disaster. They won’t make that mistake on restrictions again. The lawyers are in control now.

That’s just the best guess to fit the available facts. So that being said...any Inference that Disney isn’t going to “throw open the gates” and trust people to not be sick is foolhardy.

They more than anyone know how stupid people are.
Look at “after hours magic”😉

lazyboy97o

What conspiracy theory would that be. Joes questionable cognitive function. . I’ve watched Biden bumble and fumble through many pressers. His handlers couldn’t get him out their fast enough yesterday during his Texas mask comments.
You guys talk shots at politicians all the time. I’m going to take mine at Biden and he certainly provides plenty of material.
You were just pushing the tired old faked death certificates.

Which politician have I taken shots at? Where did I take issue with taking shots at politicians? It’s good to know you’re honest about being interested in trolling.

correcaminos

I get politics come into covid for many as stupid as that is, but when did this not be about covid and just bash political people.

I will say I am beyond tired of people picking on someone with a speech impediment though. It's like making fun of me if I spell wrong and my spell check doesn't catch it or if I read wrong because my comprehension can be messed up due to dyslexia. It's rude and childish to do so.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It certainly cannot be looked at in any way but strange that he has not had a single organized press conference yet.

Ok...we’re off the map. I apologize for my part...but this has to be said:

It’s not strange at all.

He’s old...he’s prone to gaffes (some people don’t feel that making ridiculous statements is a “positive”)...he was never going to be taking shots or doing stand up comedy.

But that’s almost preferable to an unknowing tv clown.

Good government is run by the policy wonks and experts underneath the head. That’s where the sausage is made.

What I’ve seen for 2 months is a growing resentment they aren’t taking the bait and providing the tabloid news gaffes for clicks and cash...cause that’s all they care about.

In the last 2 weeks they did a quick disaster response to a state that often embarrassed itself and does it loudly...and got two pharmas who hate each other to agree to team to do a vaccine dump.

If that isn’t good enough for you...you might hate your country.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

What conspiracy theory would that be. Joes questionable cognitive function. . I’ve watched Biden bumble and fumble through many pressers. His handlers couldn’t get him out their fast enough yesterday during his Texas mask comments.
You guys talk shots at politicians all the time. I’m going to take mine at Biden and he certainly provides plenty of material.
Did you not hear is presser last week. When he screwed up all the names and then couldn’t remembere where he was. They must really hide this stuff on msm.
Wrong thread. Take it to the political thread to vent if you feel the need too.

DisneyCane

"The CVS Pharmacy chain is vaccinating Florida teachers under age 50, circumventing state orders that continue to limit coronavirus inoculations to those over that age.

The chain also began vaccinating day care and preschool teachers Wednesday, even though Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has not yet opened the vaccination program to them. CVS is giving inoculations in two dozen cities across the state.

CVS said it is following Biden administration guidelines released this week, which are broader for educators than Florida’s. For teachers, Florida limits the vaccine to classroom teachers 50 and older who work in kindergarten through 12th grade. The federal guidelines allow day care workers, preschool teachers and educators in elementary, middle and high schools to be vaccinated with no age limit.

“We’ve aligned with updated Federal Retail Pharmacy Program guidelines by making appointments available to pre-K through 12 educators and staff and childcare workers in all 17 states where we currently offer COVID-19 vaccines,” the Rhode Island-based company said in a statement."

If they are getting the doses directly from the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program there is really nothing Desantis can do. If they are getting some allocated by the State, he could withhold those until they comply with his order. I don't think he would do that as it would take away shot giving capacity which would be a bad look from a political standpoint.
I don't think it is good at all. Why on earth would you prioritize a teacher in his or her 40's with essentially no risk of a serious outcome if they get COVID over a 70 year old with a statistically significant risk of a serious outcome? While supplies are limited, every 27 year old teacher that gets a shot delays a 77 year old from getting a shot.

John park hopper

Ok...we’re off the map. I apologize for my part...but this has to be said:

It’s not strange at all.

He’s old...he’s prone to gaffes (some people don’t feel that making ridiculous statements is a “positive”)...he was never going to be taking shots or doing stand up comedy.

But that’s almost preferable to an unknowing tv clown.

Good government is run by the policy wonks and expected underneath the head. That’s where the sausage is made.

What I’ve seen for 2 months is a growing resentment they aren’t taking the bait and providing the tabloid news gaffes for clicks and cash...cause that’s all they care about.

In the last 2 weeks they did a quick disaster response to a state that often embarrassed itself and does it loudly...and got to pharmas who hate each other to agree to team to do a vaccine dump.

If that isn’t good enough for you...you might hate your country.
just your opinion

DisneyDebRob

If they are getting the doses directly from the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program there is really nothing Desantis can do. If they are getting some allocated by the State, he could withhold those until they comply with his order. I don't think he would do that as it would take away shot giving capacity which would be a bad look from a political standpoint.

I don't think it is good at all. Why on earth would you prioritize a teacher in his or her 40's with essentially no risk of a serious outcome if they get COVID over a 70 year old with a statistically significant risk of a serious outcome? While supplies are limited, every 27 year old teacher that gets a shot delays a 77 year old from getting a shot.
If by “ serious outcome” you mean death, o might agree with you. Serious long term effects in tens of thousands of people I think is pretty serious also. Should a 27 yr old teacher.. which is a essential and front line worker, possibly be put in that position of suffering her whole life? Let’s get the elderly, and all front line workers the vaccine as soon as possible. We seem to overlook a lot of what this virus can do.

CaptainAmerica

Hey, Ace...

They’re not getting “herd immunity” through exposure...it’s the vaccine route. The die is cast.

Have you been watching a 5/23/20 rerun of fox and friends over and over again??

You think half the population is gonna get vaccinated and the other half will be trusted to “bulldog through it”??

Even if nature is ok with that...public policy can’t go that route now.

Nobody cares (the majority) about excuses to not vaccinate. They’re doing rush pregnancy and child studies. That eliminates the valid excuses.

People want to fringe themselves...be my guest. But the government won’t cater to them...and neither will the Walt Disney company.

So let it be written...so let it be done.
Exposure and vaccines work together. I know we're not TRYING for herd-immunity-by-exposure, but those antibodies in people who have been infected still contribute to protecting the population.

DisneyDebRob

Since politics are allowed when referencing Covid . I’ll have to dig up his remarks on the Covid numbers from 2 weeks-ago. Maybe somebody that speaks Biden can decipher it for me.
Politics are allowed WHEN referencing Covid or how it pertains to WDW but the posts I responded to you had zero Covid references. You can see what you wrote.. just ramblings about the president bumbling words and how he’s screwing up words. That stuff you can take to the political threads.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Politics are allowed WHEN referencing Covid or how it pertains to WDW but the posts I responded to you had zero Covid references. You can see what you wrote.. just ramblings about the president bumbling words and how he’s screwing up words. That stuff you can take to the political threads.
Indeed. That poster will not be able to take part in this thread from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom