News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Empty space, middle of the park:

F5B95F5B-CCAD-4EDA-9912-B87506EEA78E.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I am withholding judgement until they turn it on.

Was everything really so impressed by the “before” World Showcase views? I can’t remember ever sitting back and thinking, “wow, what a view”, and I’ve leaned against those rails and looked over the lagoon many a time.
That's where I'm at on this. The ROE hardware was *also* super ugly, so... meh.

180º

Wow. Here I was just about to defend the barges. RoE barges were only out in the afternoon, but they (the peripheral barges, not the awesome Earth barge) were at least twice as ugly as the Harm barges which are kinda sculptural, so that’s something, I guess.

But wow, do I ever hate the ring being off-center!

Still, my main beef with Harm is not the equipment, but the IP focus. Obviously can’t rule out that they’ll pull it all together and nail the spirit of the park, but I seriously have my doubts.

TTA94

Zack Riddley said Harmonious is still in the early stages?? I would have thought it was at least mid stages? What’s left to be done aside from bringing out the other two screen barges and then testing all the barges together?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Zack Riddley said Harmonious is still in the early stages?? I would have thought it was at least mid stages? What’s left to be done aside from bringing out the other two screen barges and then testing all the barges together?
A lot more than just testing, which in itself will take time. Although I suspect he’s attempting to play down the online backlash by pushing the problem further down the line.

UNCgolf

More worrying is this crap was approved. By people who think it’s okay.

What will happen in the future if this is the new standard?

This is what I was going to say. It's amazing that this was approved as a good idea by a whole group of people. People want to blame Zach Riddley, and while I'm sure he deserves some of the blame, it's not like he has complete authority to do anything he wants. A lot of other people were involved in designing this and there were also people who had to sign off on the final plans.

UNCgolf

I don't know but maybe people aren't stuck living in the 80s anymore?

I don't understand how this has anything to do with the 80s?

This looks awful by any objective measure. Even the people who are okay with it are okay with it because they think the show will be great; not because they like seeing a bunch of equipment sitting in the middle of the lagoon all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom