News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

dreday3

It’s no denying this is definitely going to change the world showcase lagoon. Notice how I didn’t say ruin because we don’t know what the final effect will be with the fountains and such. Which I admit probably won’t fix this but since we haven’t seen the full effect I am withholding judgement. I still am excited for this show, it has a real opportunity to be great.

My stance also.

Although admittedly we don't go but every 4 years, so it's just not that upsetting to me. I've got tons of pictures of the lagoon empty, maybe now we'll have tons of pictures of a nice fountain.

Or not, who knows yet...

donsullivan

Premium Member
SuITS was hidden when not playing. Your point?
Look at the second video I added. Those who feel the need to relentless complain about lowered standards in the parks, and find something new to complain about every month need to look at the history book of what has actually happened over the history of the parks. When all one does is complain about what ‘could have been’ because they have ‘special knowledge’ of what might have been ‘considered‘ but not approved it gets really old.

The mythical Epcot many seem to remember never actually existed and what variation did was very unpopular with guests resulting in low attendance prompting layers of updates over the years to increase attendance.

I’m fine when someone doesn‘t like a specific change that’s been made, but when people go on for years and years beating the same drum(s) it‘s no longer feedback, it’s just complaining for the sake of it.

Rteetz

It’s nothing about the past. It’s about present day standards.

Sorry but it’s laughable you’re trying to defend this absolute cluster.

“If this show impresses than to me it’s worth it.” Comments like this are why standards have dropped and why they think it’s okay. It is not okay. Not for Disney.
I’m not defending it. It’s just all of this Epcot transformation hate is tiring.

It is about the past too. You very much are stuck on this Epcot ideal that doesn’t exist and hasn’t since maybe the 90s.

But hey be my guest and continue to be negative with every post. I certainly don’t like to live like that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m not defending it. It’s just all of this Epcot transformation hate is tiring.

It is about the past too. You very much are stuck on this Epcot ideal that doesn’t exist and hasn’t since maybe the 90s.

But hey be my guest and continue to be negative with every post. I certainly don’t like to live like that.
Please don’t presume to tell me what to do.

Last edited:

Rteetz

I’m not that much of a fan of Illuminations, it was fine but I could miss it and wouldn’t bat an eyelid.
But those things sitting out there looking how they do? I can’t believe anyone thinks that’s okay. You might as well just build the front half of the castle, or a bare skeleton coaster.

Who wants basic theming in a theme park? What a crazy idea...
That’s fine. I certainly don’t think they are the most appealing things to look at. We shall see what the fountains do.

I guess I try to find some optimism instead of hating everything Disney does.

Touchdown

The tacos didn’t bother me in Feb, we’ll see how the stargate looks later this year but I have a feeling I won’t like it as it will destroy all those great Spaceship Earth pictures you could get around WS lagoon
F0230165-211A-4594-8CEF-BDEF64022E59.jpeg
6B0BCC76-2D47-41AF-97AE-32BE9C5AEC22.jpeg
2A9E976C-8EEC-4F7A-ACEE-4D73568ADA7C.jpeg

0D8FB5CB-0702-4918-BCFC-1537E8B6D9DE.jpeg
That said I’m saving my final judgement till I see the show, but it’s gotta a lot to make up for given what we are losing.

wdrive

Again not really defending it. I’m frankly just sick of the constant negativity about Epcot on this place. It’s so tiresome. I said they aren’t appealing to look at but we also don’t have the final look with fountains either.

Well, you are free to not read it/use the block button. A discussion forum isn’t much if everyone says everything is great.

Rteetz

Well, you are free to not read it/use the block button. A discussion forum isn’t much if everyone says everything is great.
I’m not one who likes to block. I agree with you. I don’t think everyone needs to agree things are great. I don’t want them too. I just think this section can be overly negative. We all have things we like and dislike about Disney and Epcot for that matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom