News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle stage under refurbishment

dreday3

I have a question:

Does the stage make it so you can't walk through the castle and see the mosaics? Or only at certain times? I feel like I was there when we couldn't walk through for some reason, but I could be imagining it.

lsujoe

Those pictures show tubing similar to those used in heated floors or concrete slabs. In this case could they actually be for cooling the stage floor? It gets direct sunlight pretty much all day.
I would think if it was used for cooling that it might be a sweating problem caused from condensation.

Touchdown

I have a question:

Does the stage make it so you can't walk through the castle and see the mosaics? Or only at certain times? I feel like I was there when we couldn't walk through for some reason, but I could be imagining it.
No, guests are never allowed on the stage, there is a walkway behind it. During shows that walkway is blocked.

JoeCamel

I have a question:

When there is a show on stage they close the passage through the castle for the duration of the show, shortly before and some time after to allow the performers to use the walkway and to prevent firework fallout on guests.

Last edited:

Cruzin_PA

WOW. It definitely looks like it was well overdue for a rebuild. I’m not seeing what people are describing as tubes for heating- what am I missing? I do see what looks like a drain down the center and a bunch of electrical conduit.

It also looks like they have it built as a sprung floor which is much better for the dancers. It makes sense but I never realized it was structured like that. I’ll be curious what sort of raised platforms get added for whatever new show is likely coming for the 50th this fall. The old Cinderellabration platforms had certainly gotten old after 15 years.
Look at the yellow circled areas. You can see red PEX tubing looping through the metal channels. Much like what you would see for radiant heating in a residential home.

Untitled-1.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
Look at the yellow circled areas. You can see red PEX tubing looping through the metal channels. Much like what you would see for radiant heating in a residential home.

View attachment 534935
Duuuhhh. I guess I shouldn’t look at these on the iPad since I never even noticed those. —— never mind….

I am curious why those are there and if they have actually worked recently. I say that because it’s not uncommon during cool/cold nights in DEC for the stage performances to be cancelled due to stage conditions during MNSSHP. If this system worked it would seem it could warm the stage enough to make it dry and safe.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The heat in the stage is not so much for the performers, but to quickly dry the stage after it rains so they don't have to cancel so many shows after Florida's afternoon showers.
I was surprised to see it even there since it doesn't seem to benefit the evening shows during hard ticket events like MVMCP when the stage shows get cancelled due to moisture conditions on the stage.

Goofyernmost

I’m so happy we are finally getting Alice’s Curious Labyrinth although they may have to update the name so Americans understand it. I’d recommend either “A Maze with Alice and Friends” or “Alice’s Not-So-Confusing Maze Starring Friends from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland Sponsored by Gogurt”.
I still have a problem understanding how Alice's Curious Labyrinth can be considered an attraction. Just one of the memories that I took away from Paris. Might just be me though.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Curious to see when this was installed, was it during the last refurb?

I was surprised to see it even there since it doesn't seem to benefit the evening shows during hard ticket events like MVMCP when the stage shows get cancelled due to moisture conditions on the stage.

How recent was the moisture event prior to the start of the show? It may take 30+ Mins depending on how much water is there.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Curious to see when this was installed, was it during the last refurb?

How recent was the moisture event prior to the start of the show? It may take 30+ Mins depending on how much water is there.
That pattern has been happening over the last 5-8 years. You can see it happening when 2 performers come out and walk the stage to review conditions. And then a few minutes later comes the announcement the next show has been canceled.

cjkeating

I still have a problem understanding how Alice's Curious Labyrinth can be considered an attraction. Just one of the memories that I took away from Paris. Might just be me though.
Interesting that you didn't like the labyrinth, was it anything specific? It's often a favourite of international guests visiting the park.

Goofyernmost

Interesting that you didn't like the labyrinth, was it anything specific? It's often a favourite of international guests visiting the park.
Probably for no other reason then I was 67 years old and I felt like a fool. I don't know what I was expecting inside it, but it turned out to be nothing much. I guess I never cared much for the Alice franchise anyway. Just a personal "I don't understand what is so great about this" type moment. The same reaction I had to Mr. Toad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom