News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle stage under refurbishment

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone know why the moat is being drained and if it relates to the stage?

(In my dreams it’s because they’re re-repainting the castle, but I realise it’s not that.)
Only a guess but it’s likely for installation of the castle decor package for the 50th that was shown in the concept art this morning. They likely need to get lifts or cranes down in that area for the installation along with the large one in the back for the higher areas.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Anyone have photos from today? The set is torn down.
I found this image from the back online. It’s not from the front, but you can tell the old set has been removed.
D5E1E1E1-1E2C-4BC2-9F99-402628AE7A56.jpeg

mm52200

Better yet, can't we just get rid of the stage already and open the castle back up full time?
I don’t understand how 5 20 minute shows a day interrupts you going through the castle that much. They even reopen it in between shows.
But good to know you would rather be fine with the cast and crew who used to work there never getting their jobs back.

Disney Analyst

Perhaps there isn't a plan to bring back a castle show for a while... or a new show is coming for the 50th, so it's finally get a redesign?

If they aren't going to have a show, probably want a clean view for the 50th castle.

kevlightyear

Those pictures show tubing similar to those used in heated floors or concrete slabs. In this case could they actually be for cooling the stage floor? It gets direct sunlight pretty much all day.

raymusiccity

Reminds me of my company, which laid off a third of our department over the summer because of covid. Even now, 6 months later, there’s work that still hasn’t been done because the knowledge base is just gone. (Of course, no managers were let go, and for a time we were at a point where there was one manager for every 3 employees. - but that’s a different story)

And now they’re going on a hiring spree because we’re not going to meet our deadlines, not even thinking about the fact that it’s going to take months for these new people to even get fully ramped up.

The shortsightedness of American companies is astounding.
Well, we used to be able to say, 'There's too many chiefs and not not enough Indians',.....but, that will get you canceled nowadays. !

donsullivan

Premium Member

PHOTOS - Latest look at the Cinderella Castle stage refurbishment​

Cinderella-Castle_Full_41014.jpg
WOW. It definitely looks like it was well overdue for a rebuild. I’m not seeing what people are describing as tubes for heating- what am I missing? I do see what looks like a drain down the center and a bunch of electrical conduit.

It also looks like they have it built as a sprung floor which is much better for the dancers. It makes sense but I never realized it was structured like that. I’ll be curious what sort of raised platforms get added for whatever new show is likely coming for the 50th this fall. The old Cinderellabration platforms had certainly gotten old after 15 years.

Stupido

Those pictures show tubing similar to those used in heated floors or concrete slabs. In this case could they actually be for cooling the stage floor? It gets direct sunlight pretty much all day.
Having Worked in Magic Kingdom from January-June, people really underestimate how cold Orlando can really get in those winter months. I know i did at first. The Castle Show also uses a bunch of dance costumes, so people tend to have some skin exposed. And as @wdwmagic pointed out, this also could help with any ice.

scottnj1966

WOW. It definitely looks like it was well overdue for a rebuild. I’m not seeing what people are describing as tubes for heating- what am I missing? I do see what looks like a drain down the center and a bunch of electrical conduit.

It also looks like they have it built as a sprung floor which is much better for the dancers. It makes sense but I never realized it was structured like that. I’ll be curious what sort of raised platforms get added for whatever new show is likely coming for the 50th this fall. The old Cinderellabration platforms had certainly gotten old after 15 years.
But tubes is all I see. How are you missing them, or are you looking at a different picture.

kevlightyear

I think it is heating to prevent any possibly of ice forming

Having Worked in Magic Kingdom from January-June, people really underestimate how cold Orlando can really get in those winter months. I know i did at first. The Castle Show also uses a bunch of dance costumes, so people tend to have some skin exposed. And as @wdwmagic pointed out, this also could help with any ice.
Ice prevention was my first thought, it just didn't seem common enough to be worth the expense. An extra "heating" source for the performers makes sense, too.

But if you have the tubing, might as well use it to do some cooling in the summer. The stage floor is essentially a roof so it must get blazing hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom