Monorail Red Updated

Monorail_Red

Original Poster
Monorail Red recently completed a refurb similar to Blue's a few months ago. It received a similar paint scheme change with black "deltas" being added. It also looks like they painted the typically gray window vent accents black. As much of a purist as I am when it comes to the trains, it does look very sharp. I was not able to capture a picture personally when I was in town last week, but anybody in the area should be on the look out for it. Red was out on the Epcot line recently. Not sure if they were just testing Red, Epcot line, or a little of both.

ToTBellHop

The new style does look sharp but they can’t keep pushing off new trains. The next refurb will need to include pedals for guests.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we will be pausing for a few moments as a toddler in the train ahead of us is having a temper tantrum and a whole car stopped pedaling. Enjoy the breeze from the doors that no longer close.”

celluloid

Then by all means, please share if people are being put in danger. Otherwise it's not responsible to make a charge like that and not provide details.

He said concerns, not imminent. There have been many threads that feature these. To give you a summary: doors opening while out of station, collisions and pieces of the craft falling off onto aparking lot.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
He said concerns, not imminent. There have been many threads that feature these. To give you a summary, doors opening while out of station, collisions and pieces of the craft falling off onto aparking lot.
Concerns exist for all methods of transportation. I can say Busses have safety serious safety concerns. How many busses have seatbelts?, Have broken down? Caught Fire? Been involved in accidents? etc...

Disstevefan1

Seems someone isn't aware of the Monorails' actual track record.

I admit, I miss being able to ride in the front,though. :(
Everybody knows about the tragic Monorail accident due to the supervisor going to dinner that caused the crash. Everyone knows that was human error.

For the almost 50 years of service and the millions and millions of people the monorail moved in that time. The monorail has an excellent track record.

Plus. The monorail is easier to evacuate than, for example, the Skyliner.

celluloid

Concerns exist for all methods of transportation. I can say Busses have safety serious safety concerns. How many busses have seatbelts?, Have broken down? Caught Fire? Been involved in accidents? etc...
You have moved from your point. You made the slippery slope of "people being put in danger' as if imminent. The poster's concerns are as valid as yours for buses.
Particularly when the standards fall. When a pieces are falling near guests below and doors are opening without a way to override and close them as the train is in motion, that player's concerns are valid and do not need further evidence in most reasonable fashion. Nothing irresponsible about the poster's post.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Are you really going to suggest doors being stuck open are not a serious safety concern tied to vehicles past their shelf life?

If you couldn’t close your car door and the damage was irreparable, you’d get a new car.

1613144544902.png

techgeek

Everybody knows about the tragic Monorail accident due to the supervisor going to dinner that caused the crash. Everyone knows that was human error.

I think it's important to note that the supervisor going to dinner was only one link in a chain of errors that aligned to allow the incident to happen. Weather conditions, flawed processes, and lack of situational awareness among multiple players all were contributing.

Link to the final NTSB investigation related to the incident:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yes. You agree. So it makes it n

You have moved from your point. The posters concerns are as valid as yours for buses.
Particularly when the standards fall. When a pieces are falling near guests below and doors are opening without a way to override and close them as the train is in motion, that player's concerns are valid and do not need further evidence in most reasonable fashion. Nothing irresponsible about the poster's post.
The point is that all methods of transportation have inherent safety issues which can be caused by a multitude of reasons. The poster mentioned that there were "significant" safety issues with the current system. I would like to know what specifically they are. If they are significant, then people are in danger. The poster has a responsibility to expound upon this and provide details.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Are you really going to suggest doors being stuck open are not a serious safety concern tied to vehicles past their shelf life?

If you couldn’t close your car door and the damage was irreparable, you’d get a new car.
Boeing has aircraft that are 30+ years old which are still in service safely transporting people across the the world. Boeing also has built brand new 737s that crashed and killed almost 400 people.

ToTBellHop

Boeing has aircraft that are 30+ years old which are still in service safely transporting people safely across the the world. Boeing also has built brand new 737s that crashed and killed almost 400 people.
My head hurts, so I’m going to leave now and pop a couple aspirin...

We will see what happens when there is a plane with its exterior door stuck open. Not even Frontier Airlines would do that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom