News Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island closing for lengthy refurbishment

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It depends on what they want to depict. Overshot and backshot water wheels are typically used where the available height difference is more than a couple of meters. Breastshot wheels are more suited to large flows with a moderate head. Undershot and stream wheel use large flows at little or no head. Florida is pretty flat.
Well, as long as the flay rod doesn't go out of skew on the treadle...

Movielover

Well, as long as the flay rod doesn't go out of skew on the treadle...
1612361014009.png

Maybe it’s the distortion when zoomed in, but the shape of the whistle appears to be slightly different, especially at the top. Doesn’t seem to be as rounded like the Lunkenheimer. It’s not the Baldwin, unfortunately. I’m gonna throw Roger’s Lonergan in for consideration.

I hope they swapped the whistle. The current one is painfully loud for anyone in the Haunted Mansion queue.

disneyC97

Took my niece and nephews to the island for the first time on a family trip in 2019. My sister and her husband had avoided it on prior trips due to there being at least one stroller + Disney's poor job of promoting their own attractions (look at a current attraction description compared to ones in guidebooks through the 1990s). It was a highlight of the trip and they are all super excited to go back on our next trip this summer. We also rode the riverboat for the first time in awhile which was great and also provided a nice covering for some rain that suddenly appeared.

disneyC97

I guess time will tell if it returns or if they intend to scrub the Tom Sawyer connection leaving it blank or theming it to a contemporary IP like what's happening with Princess and the Flume.
Or some imagineer decided the "story" of Tom Sawyer Island didn't make sense to have a labeled mill...something akin to the newspaper boy being turned around on Spaceship Earth in 2007. I hope the painted name comes back!

mikeymouse

Or some imagineer decided the "story" of Tom Sawyer Island didn't make sense to have a labeled mill...something akin to the newspaper boy being turned around on Spaceship Earth in 2007. I hope the painted name comes back!
Or someone decided the story of Tom Sawyer somehow hurt their feelings...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom