Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

007mickey

Who said it is a abject failure? I haven’t seen that. I’ve seen people voice their concerns on the rollout and not being better prepared which is very true. As long as people are getting vaccinated it’s not a failure. Can we do better, yes we could. Should we have had better coordination in the way things are being handled? Yes we could have.
Why do people, when voicing concerns get hit with being negative or not seeing more of the positive? It’s knowing we can do better is what upsets some of us.
Let’s all hope we get more doses and a better system to distribute. We all want the best. I mean we are on a Disney board.. we all give credit to Disney when they do something great.. and we should call them out with other things.
We are? Based on this thread, the only thing "Disney" is the title.

Chip Chipperson

The Florida snowbirds from the Northeast and Canada, etc will not be happy. They spend time in FL to escape snow and cold and spend millions of dollars to contribute to the FL economy.

Theoretically, they could still get it if they own a home in FL. If they require a FL ID to get it then they're probably out of luck, but if they'll accept a utility bill or something similar with a FL address then they should be fine to get it if they want to get it before they feel safe travelling back to their other state of residence.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Florida snowbirds from the Northeast and Canada, etc will not be happy. They spend time in FL to escape snow and cold and spend millions of dollars to contribute to the FL economy.
Theoretically, they could still get it if they own a home in FL. If they require a FL ID to get it then they're probably out of luck, but if they'll accept a utility bill or something similar with a FL address then they should be fine to get it if they want to get it before they feel safe travelling back to their other state of residence.

"According to the advisory, only those who can prove state residency using a state driver’s license or other official documents, such as a deed, rental agreement or utility bill, will be permitted to receive shots.

Out-of-state health care providers who come to Florida to work with patients can also be vaccinated, according to the advisory, which appears to cover snowbirds, or part-time residents who visit the state for months at a time."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"According to the advisory, only those who can prove state residency using a state driver’s license or other official documents, such as a deed, rental agreement or utility bill, will be permitted to receive shots.

Out-of-state health care providers who come to Florida to work with patients can also be vaccinated, according to the advisory, which appears to cover snowbirds, or part-time residents who visit the state for months at a time."

Doesn‘t impact real snow birds then. When they say rental agreement I wonder how long that has to be. If someone rents a house for 2 weeks or a month does that count or does it have to be a multi-month rental?

TrainsOfDisney

Doesn‘t impact real snow birds then. When they say rental agreement I wonder how long that has to be. If someone rents a house for 2 weeks or a month does that count or does it have to be a multi-month rental?
Certainly if someone owns property.. which many snowbirds do.

correcaminos

The study site called me today concerning unblinding. Everyone in the Pfizer study will be unblinded and offered shots by start of March or sooner. In other words, there is no option to stay blinded beyond end of Feb (In the original Pfizer plan there was)

I had read about this before, but this was a direct call concerning the change.

It has been in articles for a bit too such as:
I was told I could remain blind if I wanted but that all would be given the option by 1st of Feb. I had received written word on the changes on Jan 7th with similar info in the article and then 18th with specifics. It stated "As mentioned in the original letter, the goal is to have all participants who would like to receive the vaccine and are eligible to be scheduled for their first shot by March 1st." I was unblinded on the 19th. A call to let me know the process and take my request to unblind. Then a call to ask some questions prior to taking it to the doctor for approval. Last call to give me the results. How long until you find out?
Hope you feel better soon!
My parents got the Moderna yesterday..80 and 79. They had no problems at all, after the shot or today. They just told me they feel great. So weird how it effects some and not others.
My in laws in their 70s both received their first dose a couple weeks ago. One Pfizer through a clinic and one Moderna through the VA. Neither had any side effects, not even pain. I was jealous lol
I got my Moderna vaccine today. No questions on paperwork ( filled out same morning ) if I had underlying conditions. The location was on the honor system. I traveled to the location when it was broadcasted it was first come first serve approx 700 doses per day. The only effect is my right arm is a little sore. I lined up at 330am, was the 19th on line and was outside in 16 degree weather for several hours and the location opened at 930am to start vaccinating. I was done by 10:15am. When the nurses took my temp mine was 88 degrees. After 7am, no one was allowed on line due to the 700 people cutoff. The older guy next to me was at 81 degrees temp check. Second shot scheduled 28 days later but no specific time. Line up and wait again.
I hope your second time is not as brutal! But glad you got in.

A friend of mine is a snowbird and honestly has been down there more than not, but has an out of state license. They were called to give the FL address. They own a home so not an issue.

I had issues with my original appointment I scheduled for my dad. Canceled and no reason given. Not supplies as the clinic was still taking appointments for the exact time he canceled. Managed another appointment today with the county for Monday and a back up on Weds. We're gun shy after the last was canceled without warning or reason. He does qualify being over 75

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Certainly if someone owns property.. which many snowbirds do.
It says rental agreement too. If you don’t own or rent property in FL then by definition you can’t be a snow bird. I would assume they want a more long term rental agreement though, not a one week Airbnb rental of a house or condo.

Lilofan

It says rental agreement too. If you don’t own or rent property in FL then by definition you can’t be a snow bird. I would assume they want a more long term rental agreement though, not a one week Airbnb rental of a house or condo.
DVC members from other states trying to coordinate vaccine shot in FL and week long stay at a DVC resort may need to rethink plans. It maybe possible to justify to health authorities that they pay to live in FL as a DVC member.

sullyinMT

Vaccine status for the country via Bloomberg Vaccine Tracker -

View attachment 525703
Bloomberg Vaccine Tracker
If we can increase that rate a little bit (no doubt we can and will), and J&J comes online as an effective single dose, we’ll be closer to 100 million completed and protected in 100 days, not just 100 administered doses.

Once/if J&J is approved, I hope we increase our national stated goal to reflect a lofty but achievable target.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
DVC members from other states trying to coordinate vaccine shot in FL and week long stay at a DVC resort may need to rethink plans. It maybe possible to justify to health authorities that they pay to live in FL as a DVC member.
I wouldn‘t expect DVC stays to count. It shouldn‘t. A timeshare or a hotel stay is not the same as owning a property or renting long term.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'd probably be best to use the 7 day rolling average....

1611271739115.png

DisneyCane

It'd probably be best to use the 7 day rolling average....

View attachment 525704
Does anybody know how they are tracking this? For example, for FL, do they report what FL reported as yesterday's doses or do they take the total from today's report, subtract the total from yesterday's report and use that number (like they do with deaths)? Those two numbers are very different as I expect far more than 35,444 doses were administered yesterday and will backfill a lot by this time next week.

seabreezept813

"Essential workers" need to be in line behind the 65+ and people with high risk underlying conditions. Of course, everybody is going to be shoving each other out of the way to be deemed an "essential" worker.

The only reason that health care providers needed to be first in line is to keep doctors and nurses from having to miss a week or two of work for testing positive which could lead to a lack of enough personnel.
We’re having this problem in school. 12-15 staff out the last two days. So can we get teachers up there on the list?

Trauma

I am happy to share that yesterday evening whilst picking up a few things from the grocery store, I won the lottery and got one of those extra doses. Moderna.
I can report that overnight I had terrible sweats, and this morning I woke up with a fever of 100. My arm hurts soooo bad, I am starting to get a massive, MASSIVE headache, and I think some gastric issues. But its all worth it.
I have a question for those that get the lucky first shot.
Does getting a extra dose guarantee that you get a second shot on time?

I was going to try to get a leftover shot myself but I don’t want to try for it unless it means I will also receive the second shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom