Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For those States giving smokers priority, what do you have to do to prove you smoke? Isn't this just going to lead to everybody saying they are at high risk because they smoke?
I don’t think there’s any proof required. Just like there’s no proof for other health conditions. You go online, fill out a survey and check a box that you are a smoker or obese or have a heart problem or cancer or Down syndrome and if it’s open to high risk individuals you get access to the calendar to book an appointment. I haven’t seen anywhere requiring a doctor’s note or other proof of health conditions. Could some people commit fraud and lie, yes, but to have a system that prevents that you slow down the process. You can have fast or you can have accurate. They are relying on the honor system.

correcaminos

I am happy to share that yesterday evening whilst picking up a few things from the grocery store, I won the lottery and got one of those extra doses. Moderna.
I can report that overnight I had terrible sweats, and this morning I woke up with a fever of 100. My arm hurts soooo bad, I am starting to get a massive, MASSIVE headache, and I think some gastric issues. But its all worth it.
I am sorry your side effects were so bad. A friend of mine who got Moderna had similar first shot but not as bad second. I have no idea how it works lol. The arm was my bad thing, enough to wake me, but not enough to stay away.

Do they schedule you for your 2nd shot?

jmp85

"Essential workers" need to be in line behind the 65+ and people with high risk underlying conditions. Of course, everybody is going to be shoving each other out of the way to be deemed an "essential" worker.

The only reason that health care providers needed to be first in line is to keep doctors and nurses from having to miss a week or two of work for testing positive which could lead to a lack of enough personnel.

I kind of agree with you here. It can quickly become difficult to agree on what an 'essential worker' is. The decision on who should get vaccine priority is not straight forward, thus why you're seeing different plans throughout the states.

jmp85

I don’t think there’s any proof required. Just like there’s no proof for other health conditions. You go online, fill out a survey and check a box that you are a smoker or obese or have a heart problem or cancer or Down syndrome and if it’s open to high risk individuals you get access to the calendar to book an appointment. I haven’t seen anywhere requiring a doctor’s note or other proof of health conditions. Could some people commit fraud and lie, yes, but to have a system that prevents that you slow down the process. You can have fast or you can have accurate. They are relying on the honor system.
Well, I can't stop now, I'm addicted!

george.jpg

jmp85

When I got my vaccine, I checked the back of the form where it asked if I had any underlying conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. I asked if they needed copies of my prescriptions and they said no.

DisneyDebRob

I know there are some frustrating/disorganized parts about the vaccination process but most of it stems from the fact that there aren't nearly enough doses to meet demand yet even if the distribution and appointment process was done perfectly and no DPA order is going to change that.

I just don't understand how some people consider it an abject failure when over 15 million people have started the vaccine series barely a year after most people heard the word "coronavirus" for the first time. I mean, there had to be some kind of plan.

It was sometime during the week of 1/27 last year that I first saw a story about reports of a novel coronavirus discovered in the vicinity of Wuhan, China.

It is in the best interest of the new administration to make it look like they inherited a complete mess. That way, no matter how their tweaks to the plan work, they will look good as long as it is at least marginally better.

There haven't been enough doses delivered to the US from Pfizer and Moderna combined yet to vaccinate 5% of the population with a complete series. The reason everything is "a mess" and people have trouble getting appointments is that far more than 5% of the population wants to be vaccinated and vaccinated NOW.

Amazon or Ticketmaster (who has queue software for high demand events) can make a perfect appointment system and a huge number of people are still going to be SOL for a few weeks in the 65+ age group.

For those States giving smokers priority, what do you have to do to prove you smoke? Isn't this just going to lead to everybody saying they are at high risk because they smoke?
Who said it is a abject failure? I haven’t seen that. I’ve seen people voice their concerns on the rollout and not being better prepared which is very true. As long as people are getting vaccinated it’s not a failure. Can we do better, yes we could. Should we have had better coordination in the way things are being handled? Yes we could have.
Why do people, when voicing concerns get hit with being negative or not seeing more of the positive? It’s knowing we can do better is what upsets some of us.
Let’s all hope we get more doses and a better system to distribute. We all want the best. I mean we are on a Disney board.. we all give credit to Disney when they do something great.. and we should call them out with other things.

DisneyDebRob

I am happy to share that yesterday evening whilst picking up a few things from the grocery store, I won the lottery and got one of those extra doses. Moderna.
I can report that overnight I had terrible sweats, and this morning I woke up with a fever of 100. My arm hurts soooo bad, I am starting to get a massive, MASSIVE headache, and I think some gastric issues. But its all worth it.
Hope you feel better soon!
My parents got the Moderna yesterday..80 and 79. They had no problems at all, after the shot or today. They just told me they feel great. So weird how it effects some and not others.

Disney Experience

The study site called me today concerning unblinding. Everyone in the Pfizer study will be unblinded and offered shots by start of March or sooner. In other words, there is no option to stay blinded beyond end of Feb (In the original Pfizer plan there was)

I had read about this before, but this was a direct call concerning the change.

It has been in articles for a bit too such as:

Last edited:

Lilofan

When I got my vaccine, I checked the back of the form where it asked if I had any underlying conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. I asked if they needed copies of my prescriptions and they said no.
I got my Moderna vaccine today. No questions on paperwork ( filled out same morning ) if I had underlying conditions. The location was on the honor system. I traveled to the location when it was broadcasted it was first come first serve approx 700 doses per day. The only effect is my right arm is a little sore. I lined up at 330am, was the 19th on line and was outside in 16 degree weather for several hours and the location opened at 930am to start vaccinating. I was done by 10:15am. When the nurses took my temp mine was 88 degrees. After 7am, no one was allowed on line due to the 700 people cutoff. The older guy next to me was at 81 degrees temp check. Second shot scheduled 28 days later but no specific time. Line up and wait again.

sullyinMT

I got my Moderna vaccine today. No questions on paperwork ( filled out same morning ) if I had underlying conditions. The location was on the honor system. I traveled to the location when it was broadcasted it was first come first serve approx 700 doses per day. The only effect is my right arm is a little sore. I lined up at 330am, was the 19th on line and was outside in 16 degree weather for several hours and the location opened at 930am to start vaccinating. I was done by 10:15am. When the nurses took my temp mine was 88 degrees. After 7am, no one was allowed on line due to the 700 people cutoff. The older guy next to me was at 81 degrees temp check. Second shot scheduled 28 days later but no specific time. Line up and wait again.
Did they schedule your second dose? Or give some way to ensure you get it on time?

Lilofan

Did they schedule your second dose? Or give some way to ensure you get it on time?
Yes . I received a little business card by one of the the RNs inside the building to return 2/18 for the second dose. I asked about specific appt times but the location said that could happen but be prepared to line up again. I'm happy I am protected 50% from covid then 95% from covid after the second dose according to reports. I will still social distance, wear masks and hygiene practices like before . I am not going to let my guard down.

Last edited:

Animal_Kingdom_09

Lots of work to be done...

I think this is just CNN being political. Common sense tells me that there must be some sort of plan since we are pushing about 900K doses per day at the moment.

I am also going to take a guess that Biden knows this. He did not pull out that 100 million vaccines by May 1 out of his butt. He knew what was being done and what he was working with. While I do not care for Biden, I also don't think that he is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom