Changes in the last 2 years that burn your britches

tl77

So what are you talking about then if you don't mean the color change of the castle?
try again?
"It's a sign they're more interested in "new guests" who might wonder why it didn't look like the castle in the Disney films logo, which is a case of "Corporate Synergy" over "Disney History", but I'm sorry to say that seems like it will be the norm going forward"

Fox&Hound

if you stay at pop, you are forced to use the gondolas. They're good if they work, but I think the system takes way too much time. It's too variable to me to be reliable. I found it super inconvenient when I used it, and crowds were light.
What do you mean? Don't they still run buses to POP?

Shouldigo12

The PINK Castle to me it's a huge insult to people who've been WDW fans for years. My family has been going to WDW for over 40 years, and to change the whole resort's icon just before the 50th anniversary feels like a slap in the face. It's a sign they're more interested in "new guests" who might wonder why it didn't look like the castle in the Disney films logo, which is a case of "Corporate Synergy" over "Disney History", but I'm sorry to say that seems like it will be the norm going forward

View attachment 523915
The first three words are "the PINK castle". The five words after that are "to me, it's a huge insult to people". So you're telling me the rest of your post is unrelated to the pink castle and you don't see it as insult or a slap in the face?

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
The first three words are "the PINK castle". The five words after that are "to me, it's a huge insult to people". So you're telling me the rest of your post is unrelated to the pink castle and you don't see it as insult or a slap in the face?
We're talking about the now ugly whack-job castle. This isn't a proceeding before the House Un-American Activities.

Shouldigo12

We're talking about the now ugly whack-job castle. This isn't a proceeding before the House Un-American Activities.
And they're trying to say the castle wasn't hat they were talking about when they were talking about what a "slap in the face" it was and how it's somehow a sign they're more interested in new guests, and that these new guests are going to be confused about why it doesn't look like the logo. Their post makes 0 sense and is way over the top about a color change.

Trust me, I wasn't looking for this to be the big deal it turned into either haha. If you hate the castle, whatever, that's your opinion, I was just pointing out they're overplaying the seriousness a bit. But I have no idea why people try to lie about what they were saying when the post is right there.

KaliSplash

The change that burnt my britches was the cancellation of the Disney road races. I ran in the Marathon in January of 2020.
(had a good vacation in the parks also). Every race after that has been cancelled, right up through the Star Wars Half Marathon
I was signed up for in April. (and do not even mention doing it virtually) I signed up to run in Disney, not around my neighborhood.
but this is a covid thing, not a disney thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom