News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

castleparker

It would be nice to have at least one thread not derailed by wild and frankly strange TP conspiracy theories.

It's great that Disneyland will be a vaccination site. This should help more people get vaccinated quickly which will in turn help Disneyland open sooner.
You'd think that being on the receiving end of a conspiracy theory would have soured him on them, but I digress.

TP2000

It would be nice to have at least one thread not derailed by wild and frankly strange TP conspiracy theories.

It's great that Disneyland will be a vaccination site. This should help more people get vaccinated quickly which will in turn help Disneyland open sooner.

Huh? They make you wait 15 minutes for observation after you get the Covid shot to make sure you don't go into shock or have a seizure. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just the facts.

That is going to slow down things quite a bit, so this won't be like the drive-thru testing sites around SoCal. You need to park, get out of your car and walk to the check-in tent for processing, then get assigned to a vaccine tent where you will be spending at least 15 minutes under observation. Then walk back to your car.

Those are the logistics of this Covid vaccine system. It's not a conspiracy.

Which should make it interesting to see how they manage this and how many people they can process per hour and per day. It's going to be much, much slower than the drive-thru testing across the street at the Anaheim Convention Center that handles thousands of people per day.

Last edited:

fctiger

It depends much more on what state you live in, not on who is in the White House. The Trump Administration already laid the groundwork months ago in 2020 with Operation Light Speed, now it's up to the states to carry the ball over the finish line.

The news said today that California was the 46th worst state for vaccine distribution.

Nowhere to go but up for the Golden State!
No, its JUST as important who is in the White House as its been stated there was no federal plan to distribute the vaccince just like there was never one on how to curtail the virus, at least in a serious manner and here we are. Now that Trump is on his way out with a second impeachment and just being a disgrace all around I'm HOPING Biden keeps his word and make it clear they DO have a plan beyond just throwing it to the states and saying 'good luck'. Clearly the plan now is a disaster, but what else is new lol.

But yes California still have to get its stuff together too. I'm really hoping in the next few weeks and with more sites like this opening we will see a turnaround.

TP2000

No, its JUST as important who is in the White House as its been stated there was no federal plan to distribute the vaccince just like there was never one on how to curtail the virus, at least in a serious manner and here we are. Now that Trump is on his way out with a second impeachment and just being a disgrace all around I'm HOPING Biden keeps his word and make it clear they DO have a plan beyond just throwing it to the states and saying 'good luck'. Clearly the plan now is a disaster, but what else is new lol.

The plan is certainly a disaster in California. But many other states are doing very well with it.

Percent of Distributed Vaccines Administered In Each State 1/12/2021

1. North Dakota = 72.6% Administered
10. Nebraska = 50.2% Administered
16. Texas = 43.8% Administered
21. Florida = 38.1% Administered
42. California = 27.6% Administered
50. Arkansas = 16.3% Administered

Go California, Beat Arkansas! 🥳

I haven't heard what Biden's new Covid plan is. He was recently the Vice-President for 8 years, and before that was a Senator for 35 years, so if there's some big secret plan sitting in a DC file cabinet somewhere I'm sure he knows about it.

He can roll out his plan next week. I'll be interested to see how that goes.

However Mr. Biden's plan goes, it doesn't change the fact that we are a republic of 50 states, and each state has responsibility for the health system in that state and how health mandates are implemented therein. Thus, Nebraska can distribute Covid vaccines based solely on age first, and California can distribute vaccines to State Prisoners first.

Mr. Biden can't change that simple 245 year old fact of our federal system.

Last edited:

smooch

What is interesting though is the requirement that you be medically observed by a nurse for at least 15 minutes after the shot is given, to make sure you don't have a seizure or other "reaction".

I've gotten lots of shots in recent years at a very reputable hospital; Pneumovax23, Zostavax and then Shingrix which replaced it because Zostavax was crap, Boostrix, Twinrix, my annual Flucelvax. And not once has the nurse said "Okay, now we'll wait here for 15 minutes while I observe you to make sure you don't seize up or have a bad reaction."

The nurse gives you the shot, puts the band-aid on, and I walk away. 1 minute later I'm in the elevator, 3 minutes later I'm walking thru the parking lot to my car, and 5 minutes later I'm on the freeway onramp. But for this Covid vaccine you have to sit there for 15 minutes being observed by a nurse to make sure the vaccine didn't react badly in your system. That's gonna bog things down quite a bit.
Just because you didn't know something doesn't mean it is new.

"Vaccine providers, particularly when vaccinating adolescents, should consider observing patients (with patients seated or lying down) for 15 minutes after vaccination to decrease the risk for injury should they faint"
My brother is terrible with needles and one time when we went to the doctors in our mid teens or something and we got our shots and went to leave, and while we were in the elevator going down he fainted, so we went back up and had him sit down and drink some Gatorade or something. And like others have said the most severe reaction has been severe allergic reactions which are potential side effects of any vaccination you receive, including the flu shot.

Apparently two distribution centers near me have put up a form on their website where you can apply to be put in line for any excess doses they have, since with the current system there are lots of doses that are going to spoil before someone receives the vaccine, so although I'm in Phase 1C I'm now signed up and if they call me and say they have a dose available for me and I can get to the distribution center within 30-60 minutes of the call I can receive my first dose. I'm curious how many people have signed up and how many will receive it early from that list, they made their statement on their official Twitter account and it had like 5 likes total, so not much attention there.

lazyboy97o

Huh? They make you wait 15 minutes for observation after you get the Covid shot to make sure you don't go into shock or have a seizure. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just the facts.
Mischaracterizing and over emphasizing a rare allergic reaction, that is typically treated that day, as shock and seizures Is not “just the facts.”

smooch

That is going to slow down things quite a bit, so this won't be like the drive-thru testing sites around SoCal. You need to park, get out of your car and walk to the check-in tent for processing, then get assigned to a vaccine tent where you will be spending at least 15 minutes under observation. Then walk back to your car.

Those are the logistics of this Covid vaccine system. It's not a conspiracy.

Which should make it interesting to see how they manage this and how many people they can process per hour and per day. It's going to be much, much slower than the drive-thru testing across the street at the Anaheim Convention Center that handles thousands of people per day.
I'm not sure where this seizure reaction thing is coming from, as I have tried looking and do not see anything suggesting it is even remotely common as a result of getting the vaccine. I see there was a doctor who got the vaccine and had a seizure, but, as with any vaccine, it is possible for your body to develop a fever as a reaction, and it is possible to have a seizure as a result of the fever (also known as a febrile seizure). I'm not going to come out and claim this vaccine is 100% safe and that nothing will happen to anyone who takes it, but there is an inherent risk of having an adverse reaction any time you are vaccinated. From what I have seen this vaccine is not hospitalizing or otherwise hurting people in the numbers people seem to think.

I think we can chalk this up to the fact that this vaccine is under the microscope from the world, everyone is watching it's creation and distribution, so people are seeing these side effects that can result from any other vaccine and think it is a covid vaccine specific problem. One way I can think to make a comparison is with the way the media reports when a Tesla has a catastrophic failure and catches on fire or something. Because Tesla is so new and the whole EV concept is still pretty new people will see one Tesla battery catch fire and the news will be full of reports that this 1 Tesla out of hundreds of thousands of cars on the road experienced this problem. Meanwhile, traditional gasoline cars catch fire way more often, but it is not reported on. I have driven past something like 9 cars engulfed in flames in my somewhat small town outside of Sacramento, and you never hear anything about those cars catching fire because that has been happening for long enough that people don't report on it, the same way some people have just as bad if not worse reactions to vaccines we have already had for years that the large majority of the population has received with no problems at all.

TP2000

Mischaracterizing and over emphasizing a rare allergic reaction, that is typically treated that day, as shock and seizures Is not “just the facts.”

I was listening to a radio program on KFI that explained a few health care workers back East had a seizure after they got the Covid vaccine. Perhaps the radio host used the wrong medical phrasing? But that's where the "seizure" word ended up in my brain. We can certainly call it an "allergic reaction" or "health issue" if you want.

I'm not emotionally tied to the word "seizure", it's just what I heard on a radio program.

smooch

I haven't heard what Biden's new Covid plan is. He was recently the Vice-President for 8 years, and before that was a Senator for 35 years, so if there's some big secret plan sitting in a DC file cabinet somewhere I'm sure he knows about it.
There actually is a plan sitting in a DC file cabinet somewhere that Biden knows about. The Obama administration left behind a "Virus Playbook" by the National Security Council that describes how the government should handle a pandemic. I do not know if it has any sort of vaccine distribution plan, but I just wanted to point out there is in fact a "secret plan sitting in a DC file cabinet" that Biden would be able to refer to.

lazyboy97o

I was listening to a radio program on KFI that explained a few health care workers back East had a seizure after they got the Covid vaccine. Perhaps the radio host used the wrong medical phrasing? But that's where the "seizure" word ended up in my brain. We can certainly call it an "allergic reaction" or "health issue" if you want.

I'm not emotionally tied to the word "seizure", it's just what I heard on a radio program.
Or instead of just accepting what some dude on the radio says you could look at the actual reason something is being done.

TP2000

I'm not sure where this seizure reaction thing is coming from, as I have tried looking and do not see anything suggesting it is even remotely common as a result of getting the vaccine. I see there was a doctor who got the vaccine and had a seizure, but, as with any vaccine, it is possible for your body to develop a fever as a reaction, and it is possible to have a seizure as a result of the fever (also known as a febrile seizure).

Oh, woops! I just replied to Lazyboy but you were also offering that info. Thanks! :)

Yeah, a talk radio program in SoCal on KFI detailed the incident of some medical workers (a doctor?) back East having a "seizure". But as I said above, that may not be what it was exactly if you were to get medically specific.

TP2000

There actually is a plan sitting in a DC file cabinet somewhere that Biden knows about. The Obama administration left behind a "Virus Playbook" by the National Security Council that describes how the government should handle a pandemic. I do not know if it has any sort of vaccine distribution plan, but I just wanted to point out there is in fact a "secret plan sitting in a DC file cabinet" that Biden would be able to refer to.

Good! And I bet Mr. Biden knows exactly which file cabinet that's kept in and can go get the binder right after the inauguration party is over. I wish him well. Luckily, the vaccine is already invented and being distributed to all 50 states by the millions.

Here's some interesting stats in the never-ending California Vs. Texas battle, as of today.

Texas
1,942,300 Vaccine Doses Distributed
852,015 Vaccine Doses Administered
43.8% Administered

California
2,833,400 Vaccine Doses Distributed
782,638 Vaccine Doses Administered
27.6% Administered

So Texas, the state many Californians love to hate, got 1 Million fewer doses delivered to them due to their smaller population, but they were able to actually administer 70,000 more doses than bigger and richer California. Hmm...

That's a metric that needs to turn around for California very fast, especially if we want Disneyland to reopen sometime in calendar year 2021.

Last edited:

TP2000

Or instead of just accepting what some dude on the radio says you could look at the actual reason something is being done.

Well, now that I've thought about it, it was Dr. Ray who is the doctor that is often used as a Covid sounding board by KFI AM 640. KFI is one of the largest and most listened to radio stations in America, so it's not like I got this info from a late night pirate radio station broadcasting from the dorms at Fullerton Junior College (Go Hornets!).

That said, I am not going to spend my ample free time perusing backwater webpages on the CDC website. If I can't Google it in 8 seconds or less, or it doesn't involve a cocktail recipe or inane trivia about Disneyland, I'm not going to waste my time with that. But knock yourself out if that's what grooves you, my friend! :)

This is a big part of why we are in this mess to begin with.

Everyone just relax. I am the one who first used the word "seizure", after Dr. Ray on KFI used that word to describe a seizure-like experience a doctor back East had after he got one of the first Covid shots. If Dr. Ray mis-used the word "seizure" to describe whatever medical situation that person had after the Covid shot, I'm sure Dr. Ray apologizes. And I apologize for saying that it's possible to get a seizure after a Covid shot which is why they are making you wait 15 minutes for medical observation after you get the shot.

Unlike at my CVS where three months ago I got a Boostrix Tdap shot and my annual Flucelvax shot and the pharmacist didn't ask me to wait there for 15 minutes. Nor has the VA or my personal doctor ever asked me to wait 15 minutes after my previous shots. But if it's a new thing all the Kool Kovid Kids are doing, then I'm fine with that.

But it's gonna make those lines in the Toy Story Parking Lot go very slow!

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

i-NGBMksP-X2.jpg

i-6sjHk72-X3.jpg

i-6m3rLNx-X5.jpg

i-qzKm8Mk-X2.jpg

Darkbeer1

So looking at the above OCHCA pdf file, the public Entrance/Exit is at the corner of Katella and Clementine.

The Hotel at the upper right of the main photo is the Hampton Inn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom