Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

DoleWhipDrea

That most recent press release/WDW official webpage doesn’t mention the SSE refurb at all.

I don’t think we’re going to see the attraction get the exact makeover that was originally planned. Budgets have been slashed, so any project that hasn’t begun physical construction is easier to adjust atm. That doesn’t mean the attraction no longer has any sort of budget allocated for some TLC, however. The building has a leak problem. It needs a deep clean. Set pieces have sat abandoned for a very long time. And of course, the track needs replacing.

I imagine they’re willing to at least do the few things that they can to clean things up without shutting the attraction down for 2-3 years at this point. The park’s current capacity limitations cannot handle them shutting the ride down right now.

Maybe Disney will be more comfortable moving forward with having the ride closed for an extended period after COVID capacity restrictions are removed and Ratatouille has been open for a little while.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
That most recent press release/WDW official webpage doesn’t mention the SSE refurb at all.

I don’t think we’re going to see the attraction get the exact makeover that was originally planned. Budgets have been slashed, so any project that hasn’t begun physical construction is easier to adjust atm. That doesn’t mean the attraction no longer has any sort of budget allocated for some TLC, however. The building has a leak problem. It needs a deep clean. Set pieces have sat abandoned for a very long time. And of course, the track needs replacing.

I imagine they’re willing to at least do the few things that they can to clean things up without shutting the attraction down for 2-3 years at this point. The park’s current capacity limitations cannot handle them shutting the ride down right now.

Maybe Disney will be more comfortable moving forward with having the ride closed for an extended period after COVID capacity restrictions are removed and Ratatouille has been open for a little while.
Look on the bright side. Had set pieces not sat abandoned, this thread might not exist.

If they have to close SSE for a full track replacement regardless, I hope they follow through and at least make some substantive updates. Revamp a few scenes. Fix the descent. Eliminate the screens.

If they're going through all of the refurbishment hassle anyway, it would be nice for them to at least be able to market it as "new" when it reopens.

JoeCamel

If they have to close SSE for a full track replacement regardless, I hope they follow through and at least make some substantive updates. Revamp a few scenes. Fix the descent. Eliminate the screens.

If they're going through all of the refurbishment hassle anyway, it would be nice for them to at least be able to market it as "new" when it reopens.
It will be new, just a question of if it will be good.....

Dragonman

Some cool installation pics.

Cave rocks:
7BA30EEB-3182-44C7-9AE3-75F74DDCF7E0.png

Radio booth:
48514F4F-F3A0-4F40-BAE1-D710A9EBD476.png

Neon tunnel:
E4937E98-656C-4A38-914A-94D5E90114EB.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom