News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

lazyboy97o

Amazing that they're allowing negative comments and they're all negative reactions to the demise of Magical Express. If there is a replacement in the works it is what should have been announced.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney's Magical Express+*

*only $9.99 per person per way, luggage free up to 1 piece, additional pieces $4.99 each.

Yes... + it's the new way to label everything.. when it should really be

Disney's Magical Express+$$ ;)

Good news, starting in 2022 you'll be able to schedule your bus in advance in the Disney MDE app! </sarcasm>

I hope to god they don't even think about some new schedule-in-advance solution. They should have just charged their $30/head and tweaked as needed.

Surferboy567

I’ve never used magical express. Since I never qualified for it, always have stayed at Swan and Dolphin this does suck for those who used it though. I did however, like seeing the buses and watching the videos they played on the buses.

Wendy Pleakley

Last time I went to WDW I did a split stay at Universal. I considered the downside of not having the transportation to MCO included with my hotel, but ultimately the added cost of an Uber ride to the airport wasn't even remotely significant enough to make me reconsider.

I don't think the added expenses and/or hassle of losing ME is going to have a noticeable impact on attendance. It's a small blip when one looks at the cost of a WDW vacation. Disney fans are devoted. It's going to take more than this to send people offsite.

It's definitely a bummer and a degradation of the "Disney magic" that keeps people devoted. It's nice to step off the plane and feel like ones vacation has started. No luggage to deal with. No trying to find transportation. No stress of driving a rental car in a strange city. Just walk to the ME check in, easy and stress free.

Will this have some impact? I'm sure it will. Universal has some nice and affordable hotels, and it's no longer the simpler option to stick with WDW. With resorts charging for parking, the decision to use a rental car in the absence of ME is less appealing.

Ultimately, this offers no upside for guests, but most will not change their habits.

brb1006

I'm going to really miss hearing Disney Music playing as you're traveling to numerous parks and resorts. Especially when you enter the parks where each resorts and hotel would play a special jingle as you're arriving. Unless I'm confusing it with "DisneyWorld Transport".

ToTBellHop

Last time I went to WDW I did a split stay at Universal. I considered the downside of not having the transportation to MCO included with my hotel, but ultimately the added cost of an Uber ride to the airport wasn't even remotely significant enough to make me reconsider.

I don't think the added expenses and/or hassle of losing ME is going to have a noticeable impact on attendance. It's a small blip when one looks at the cost of a WDW vacation. Disney fans are devoted. It's going to take more than this to send people offsite.

It's definitely a bummer and a degradation of the "Disney magic" that keeps people devoted. It's nice to step off the plane and feel like ones vacation has started. No luggage to deal with. No trying to find transportation. No stress of driving a rental car in a strange city. Just walk to the ME check in, easy and stress free.

Will this have some impact? I'm sure it will. Universal has some nice and affordable hotels, and it's no longer the simpler option to stick with WDW. With resorts charging for parking, the decision to use a rental car in the absence of ME is less appealing.

Ultimately, this offers no upside for guests, but most will not change their habits.
Are there enough rideshare cars available? DME transported a lot of people, so there will need to be rideshare cars and taxis to transport them all.

UNCgolf

Amazing that they're allowing negative comments and they're all negative reactions to the demise of Magical Express. If there is a replacement in the works it is what should have been announced.

They fired the person who moderated comments.

dig311dug

I'll still stay on property since we love POFQ; but this is dumb.
Resorts are just going to backed up with uber upon uber upon uber.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm going to really miss hearing Disney Music playing as you're traveling to numerous parks and resorts. Especially when you enter the parks where each resorts and hotel would play a special jingle as you're arriving. Unless I'm confusing it with "DisneyWorld Transport".
Yes, wrong one...

GrumpyFan

This is puzzling, makes no sense for them or their guests, unless they plan to unveil a new paid transportation option, which I fully anticipate. Announcing Disney's Expre$$+ service with direct transportation from the airport to your resort. ;)

I seem to remember one of their reason mentioned in response to the resort parking fees being added, was to encourage people not to drive, so it would essentially have a lower environmental impact. But, part of the wording in this announcement seems to push people toward ride-share type services, which would essentially have an higher environmental impact than if DME was still an option. There would seem to be some inconsistencies in this, to say the least.

Regardless, this is BAD SHOW, Disney!

EPCOT-O.G.

Are there enough rideshare cars available? DME transported a lot of people, so there will need to be rideshare cars and taxis to transport them all.
Another thing: it adds a variable cost that you’re at the mercy to pay. I have no idea what the average Uber ride is, but imagine your flight arrives late and now you’re competing with Friday evening peak times or limited options.

doctornick

For me, the loss of the "free" transportation to the resorts isn't that big of a deal. It's easy enough to schedule a van for my family which is what we have done for Universal - that's generally a good bit quicker than MDE and the option of stopping at a supermarket works well for us to get water and other foods. I mean, I'd prefer to have the MDE and would rather it not go away but it wouldn't dramatically alter our trips. It's a terrible decision for Disney though and will hurt their reputation.

That said, the big loss for us would be the lack of luggage transportation both coming and going. Not having to deal with luggage carousels upon arrival and being able to drop of thee luggage at the resort that a huge benefit for staying on site. There's no real alternative to that option and it sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom