News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

Miss Bella

I live in Massachusetts and masks are required outside. They have been since last spring. They changed the rule slightly this past fall to add, regardless of social distancing. So even if you can be 6 feet apart from others, you need a mask at all times, indoors or out. My kids have been wearing them outdoors at zoos etc since the spring (well early summer when places reopened). We even bring them to playgrounds in case other people are there. And the restaurant rule here is that you must wear your mask while ordering and keep it on til your food arrives.
I'm glad I don't live in Massachusetts then. Most states aren't requiring masks outside and there was no mask wearing outside in Florida except at the theme parks or other outdoor attractions. I'm sure trainchasers that liked your post knows this.

Last edited:

_caleb

It seems it’s also made everyone mildly insane and incredibly ornery.
I don't believe that type of rhetoric is justified, especially directed against posters who have said they were going to get vaccinated and follow all CDC recommendations. In my opinion, it's the kind of sensationalism that degrades the discussion.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't believe that type of rhetoric is justified, especially directed against posters who have said they were going to get vaccinated and follow all CDC recommendations. In my opinion, it's the kind of sensationalism that degrades the discussion.
I think you just proved my point ;)

_caleb

I think you just proved my point ;)
I was just teasing. In a previous interaction, you did a great job of using my own words against me (and rightly so), and your post about masks making people insane reminded me of your “rhetoric” post. I was not truly saying yours was sensationalized or degrading to the discussion.

I realize that I don’t actually know you, but we’ve interacted enough that I think I know generally where you’re coming from. I do appreciate your desire to keep things here civil. I was just playing around. Hope you’re not offended.

TrainsOfDisney

Most states aren't requiring masks outside and there was no mask wearing outside in Florida except at the theme parks or other outdoor attractions. I'm sure trainchasers that liked your post knows this.
I don’t know what most states are or are not requiring. My state isn’t requiring masks outside but Im in a red state currently, hoping to change that soon (Colorado is the dream, I love the Rocky Mountains and the narrow gauge steam trains).

dreday3

I don’t know what most states are or are not requiring. My state isn’t requiring masks outside but Im in a red state currently, hoping to change that soon (Colorado is the dream, I love the Rocky Mountains and the narrow gauge steam trains).

Illinois (blue state) doesn't require masks outside, but it's strongly encouraged. If you can't be six feet apart, then masks are required, which leaves a lot of leeway.

The zoo required them, parks didn't.

It actually got confusing for people!

Polkadotdress

I'm glad I don't live in Massachusetts then. Most states aren't requiring masks outside and there was no mask wearing outside in Florida except at the theme parks or other outdoor attractions. I'm sure trainchasers that liked your post knows this.
Just because you didn’t see anyone wearing masks doesn’t mean that is the policy. Both Orange and Osceola Counties have mask mandates in public. The Governor has made it unenforceable...but it’s there.

And I follow it.

mickEblu

Florida may not require a mask to be on at all times, except while eating or drinking, but Orange County and Osceola County both have a mask mandate in effect. And the mayor of Orange County has said that it will remain in effect until at least mid to late spring of 2021. Disney doesn't have a choice but to enforce wearing a mask.

Disneys mask requirement has nothing to do with these counties mandates does it? I’d imagine even if Orange County drops the mandate in the Spring, Disney will continue requiring guests to wear them into 2022.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disneys mask requirement has nothing to do with these counties mandates does it? I’d imagine even if Orange County drops the mandate in the Spring, Disney will continue requiring guests to wear them into 2022.
If they do, they may not have enough guests to keep them afloat for long. I think the vaccine will make that unnecessary, though. In my opinion, it's more likely that Disney will adopt a vaccine requirement so people can feel safe and vacation in comfort. Interesting times ahead.

_caleb

If they do, they may not have enough guests to keep them afloat for long. I think the vaccine will make that unnecessary, though. In my opinion, it's more likely that Disney will adopt a vaccine requirement so people can feel safe and vacation in comfort. Interesting times ahead.
This is what I’ve been thinking, too. But I’m not sure how Disney could verify that someone has been vaccinated. They can verify and enforce mask wearing, but for vaccination, seems like they’d just have to take your word for it?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
This is what I’ve been thinking, too. But I’m not sure how Disney could verify that someone has been vaccinated. They can verify and enforce mask wearing, but for vaccination, seems like they’d just have to take your word for it?
Are people who've been vaccinated not getting a certificate/card? I don't reside in the US, so I wouldn't know.

Chi84

Premium Member
Invest in health pass technology.

_caleb

Are people who've been vaccinated not getting a certificate/card? I don't reside in the US, so I wouldn't know.
The “vaccination cards” being given to vaccine recipients are really just handwritten reminders of which vaccine they received and when to come back for the second dose. It is not a certificate, verification, or passport.

“A COVID-19 vaccination card won't be the same as an immunity passport. Instead, it'll serve as a reminder to get your second shot of the vaccine. It also details which vaccine you received -- but that's all. It can't be used for any other purpose. Immunity passports have been used in other countries for different diseases, like polio, to give international travelers the OK to travel. The immunity passports would certify that an individual is immune to the coronavirus and can then give people more freedom to travel and socialize in public.”

Source

Chi84

Premium Member
The “vaccination cards” being given to vaccine recipients are really just handwritten reminders of which vaccine they received and when to come back for the second dose. It is not a certificate, verification, or passport.

“A COVID-19 vaccination card won't be the same as an immunity passport. Instead, it'll serve as a reminder to get your second shot of the vaccine. It also details which vaccine you received -- but that's all. It can't be used for any other purpose. Immunity passports have been used in other countries for different diseases, like polio, to give international travelers the OK to travel. The immunity passports would certify that an individual is immune to the coronavirus and can then give people more freedom to travel and socialize in public.”

Source
The one my son in law received was not a reminder; it certified completion of the vaccination. But yes, we will definitely have to develop a health pass or immunity passport that certifies people are immune for purposes of travel or going to theme parks, sports events, etc. From what I've read, several companies are working on that technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom