Any update on HoP update for new president (and is it affected by this week's events)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prberk

Original Poster
This is not a political thread. Please keep political opinions out of it. I am simply asking two things:

1. Is there any news on closing and adding Biden? I would also like to know if they know yet whether he will speak and if the show will be rethemed "Hamilton"-style as rumored previously. (I think that is an awful idea -- too trendy, like the old "Under New Management" Tiki-Birds refurb was. I hope they keep the classic style of the attraction.

2. Is the attraction operation or audience reaction affected today by the events yesterday in Washington or even recently since the debate? (Again, not political -- just want to know if the attraction is still operating, and if so, if there have been discernable audience reactions this week that appear to be affected by the events at the Capitol.)

*** PLEASE make this thread only factual, not political. ***

Magic Feather

At this point, Disney would make a bigger statement by significantly altering it than anything.

Regardless of your feelings to 45, the part preceding the roll call, IMO, is the best HoP incarnation we've had in a long time, so I wouldn't be mad if we didn't change anything except for the end.

To be completely honest, the best move (IMO) would be to use the Biden update to eliminate the roll call, give Washington a bigger speaking part, and minimize Biden's speech (either do just the Oath of Office or just a short speech). In 2022, announce that this will be the final incarnation where the sitting president gives a unique speech (with the potential addition of keeping the oath of office. If sitting president doesn't do oath of office, give it to Washington).

It cuts down on the part of the show that drags, minimizes the amount of politics put in, and should reduce any blow back.

seascape

At this point, Disney would make a bigger statement by significantly altering it than anything.

Regardless of your feelings to 45, the part preceding the roll call, IMO, is the best HoP incarnation we've had in a long time, so I wouldn't be mad if we didn't change anything except for the end.

To be completely honest, the best move (IMO) would be to use the Biden update to eliminate the roll call, give Washington a bigger speaking part, and minimize Biden's speech (either do just the Oath of Office or just a short speech). In 2022, announce that this will be the final incarnation where the sitting president gives a unique speech (with the potential addition of keeping the oath of office. If sitting president doesn't do oath of office, give it to Washington).

It cuts down on the part of the show that drags, minimizes the amount of politics put in, and should reduce any blow back.
Washington is unacceptable to many because he owned slaves. Lincoln is now opposed by some because he wasn't completely sympathetic to the slaves. That is why Californians want to remove his name from a school. Face it, we need to just remove the HoP and everything else that shows American Exceptionalism. We are afterall the worst country in the world and deserved to be attacked by Japan in WWII and the terrorists on 9/11.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Washington is unacceptable to many because he owned slaves. Lincoln is now opposed by some because he wasn't completely sympathetic to the slaves. That is why Californians want to remove his name from a school. Face it, we need to just remove the HoP and everything else that shows American Exceptionalism. We are afterall the worst country in the world and deserved to be attacked by Japan in WWII and the terrorists on 9/11.
But y tho?

CastAStone

Premium Member
This is not a political thread. Please keep political opinions out of it. I am simply asking two things:

1. Is there any news on closing and adding Biden? I would also like to know if they know yet whether he will speak and if the show will be rethemed "Hamilton"-style as rumored previously. (I think that is an awful idea -- too trendy, like the old "Under New Management" Tiki-Birds refurb was. I hope they keep the classic style of the attraction.

2. Is the attraction operation or audience reaction affected today by the events yesterday in Washington or even recently since the debate? (Again, not political -- just want to know if the attraction is still operating, and if so, if there have been discernable audience reactions this week that appear to be affected by the events at the Capitol.)

No news yet. Which is weird.

Obobru

Turn it into a full on Muppets show with tale about American history like the fun show they did outside but with some great repurposed animatronics.

US politics has become so divisive and Trump can't be added to any attraction because he caused that divide to become greater than ever which will make it a show which will become political rather than historical which is what it was in the past.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Agreed, it is a really good story, just hard to listen to the last 5 minutes.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I expect they'll take the existing Trump animatronic and put the new president on that. Here's what I expect to see in the next several months...

HoPnew.gif

CastAStone

Premium Member
It will be updated and there will be an announcement soon. They are trying to avoid commentary due to the way the transition is going. The announcement will probably be on 1/20/21. Reopen around 7/4/21.
Do they make a new Animatronic from scratch for each new President or repurpose some old figure from the closet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom