Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

markc

Anybody else think it's kind of shady that Gideons has disabled comments on their last instagram post about their "closure"? The drama and unprofessionalism continues

Zé_Carioca

Anybody else think it's kind of shady that Gideons has disabled comments on their last instagram post about their "closure"? The drama and unprofessionalism continues
Given that the account is run by the owner, I am not surprised. Hopefully they learn from this experience now that they are expanding and will need to be more professional/can't act like a small neighborhood store anymore.

UNCgolf

I think you will find that most businesses would not give the true reason for closing. It is unethical if there was a chance that customers got exposed because they should absolutely know if they were. But many businesses really don't care about that. The public is fickle and can easily turn mob like in it's efforts to destroy the business, even if it is out of their control. Frankly, I think honesty is the best policy but people are nuts now with their keyboard warrior mentality to cause issues.

Every place I go to that's had to close temporarily in Atlanta have always said it was because they had an employee test positive for COVID. It makes more sense to be honest about it because it's very unlikely for any kind of retail establishment to temporarily close for a couple of days for any other reason outside of something like plumbing or electrical issues.

SoFloMagic

I think you will find that most businesses would not give the true reason for closing. It is unethical if there was a chance that customers got exposed because they should absolutely know if they were. But many businesses really don't care about that. The public is fickle and can easily turn mob like in it's efforts to destroy the business, even if it is out of their control. Frankly, I think honesty is the best policy but people are nuts now with their keyboard warrior mentality to cause issues.
There update was something like "lol, I watched a movie last night and y'all are speculating wildly. We always planned to close".
I get not wanting to say it, but don't make crap up like that. How about "we closed to reevaluate processes and ensure that we are following all CDC guidelines so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for our team and our guests".

Although I wonder if disney would allow transparency about covid cases as it impacts perception of springs as a whole...

EPCOT-O.G.

It appears their company’s view towards health is not limited to possibly hiding COVID infections, but also refusing to tell you what’s in their food.

F8D911B4-B440-4F18-9C3D-65A1103F13EE.jpeg

jaklgreen

It appears their company’s view towards health is not limited to possibly hiding COVID infections, but also refusing to tell you what’s in their food.

View attachment 522249

I think this guys thinks he invented the cookie. LOL Unless he puts something weird in his cookies, they are all pretty much the same ingredients, just in different proportions. No reason to not list the ingredients.

markc

View attachment 522249

More and more - this gideon's place is looking like a joke.

I dont know of many food places that don't list out ingredients (it's required in many states, California and NY being some of the largest ones that have the most stringent requirements) - plus the risk of a guest getting an allergic reaction to an ingredient is high enough that you would think they'd want to cover their bases. Also surprised that Disney allows such blatant disregard to a 3rd party vendor that is attracting so much attention.

Lilofan

I dont know of many food places that don't list out ingredients (it's required in many states, California and NY being some of the largest ones that have the most stringent requirements) - plus the risk of a guest getting an allergic reaction to an ingredient is high enough that you would think they'd want to cover their bases. Also surprised that Disney allows such blatant disregard to a 3rd party vendor that is attracting so much attention.
A number of investors , owners , managers in dining have no clue or experience on how to run a business. Is it like that secret recipe of the herbs and spices of KFC?

SoFloMagic

I think you have to have 10 locations to be mandated to list the info by the fda. But honestly if you're big enough to be at Disney springs, you're big enough to list ingredients/ nutrition facts

MarvelCharacterNerd

Wow did this thread turn into a batch of negativity!

This guy spends like ten years of his life coming up with a recipe for a cookie that becomes recognized and lauded worldwide. He keeps the recipe (and ingredients) a secret to protect the investment of time and money he put into his business. He gets a big break to open a new location in the middle of a pandemic and during his soft opening has to temporarily close for a while. The man has a globally-desirable business that he's still trying manage on his own (reportedly, he is personally handling all the social media himself, plus preparing some of the daily ingredients for the cookies his company makes).

Is he likely overwhelmed by what could have just been a hobby initially that turned into a social media blogger frenzy circus? Seems like it.

No reason to hate on him, his business or his product.

He's human. He's learning. As are we all in the midst of circumstances the likes of which no one alive can recall.

And I'm still dying to try his cookies though it may be years before I have the opportunity to do so. :( But the cookies look amazing. And I wish him (and his employees) all the best as they navigate these challenging business waters.

In closing...

1609987282312.png

drizgirl

Wow did this thread turn into a batch of negativity!

This guy spends like ten years of his life coming up with a recipe for a cookie that becomes recognized and lauded worldwide. He keeps the recipe (and ingredients) a secret to protect the investment of time and money he put into his business. He gets a big break to open a new location in the middle of a pandemic and during his soft opening has to temporarily close for a while. The man has a globally-desirable business that he's still trying manage on his own (reportedly, he is personally handling all the social media himself, plus preparing some of the daily ingredients for the cookies his company makes).

Is he likely overwhelmed by what could have just been a hobby initially that turned into a social media blogger frenzy circus? Seems like it.

No reason to hate on him, his business or his product.

He's human. He's learning. As are we all in the midst of circumstances the likes of which no one alive can recall.

And I'm still dying to try his cookies though it may be years before I have the opportunity to do so. :( But the cookies look amazing. And I wish him (and his employees) all the best as they navigate these challenging business waters.

In closing...

View attachment 522537
It never ceases to amaze me how hostile some are to small businesses.

EPCOT-O.G.

Where was the official notice of an outbreak at the establishment? Was it posted in media?
The restaurant says it was planned all along but the closing happened abruptly on Saturday with no notice. They’re also limiting comments suddenly on their social media posts and many on here have shared it was COVID-related.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The restaurant says it was planned all along but the closing happened abruptly on Saturday with no notice. They’re also limiting comments suddenly on their social media posts and many on here have shared it was COVID-related.
Shared the announcement of Covid or shared the speculation. Those are two different things.

EPCOT-O.G.

Shared the announcement of Covid or shared the speculation. Those are two different things
No one has made a COVID announcement. The restaurant’s offered conflicting information on social media. Given the suddenness of the closure, the inconsistent statements, and the state of things, it’s a reasonable assumption.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No one has made a COVID announcement. The restaurant’s offered conflicting information on social media. Given the suddenness of the closure, the inconsistent statements, and the state of things, it’s a reasonable assumption.
Got it. If you can’t confirm, Covid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom