In the Parks
Yes
Looks like it says WAP underneath Aulani 😳
Wet
A ss
Pandora
1609881446970.png

Question of the Day
Who is your favorite Disney Parks original character and why is it Dr. Grant Seeker
Grant Seeker lol

Though Figment obviously is up there too

Dr. Nigel Channing! Some may say that he ruined Journey into Imagination but that wasn’t his fault and I think he’s a very funny character in an otherwise charmless pavilion!
Gotta agree. Nigel is great and he has a fun dynamic with Figment. It's just a shame they aren't well utilized and the ride itself isn't as good as it could be.

Dare I ask?
3.png

It was before my time so I might be slightly fuzzy on some details, but in an early season one team won a round with an E-Ticket based on the Adventurers of Tintin for Disneyland Paris's Adventureland. Which lead to a bit debate since Tintin isn't a Disney IP but neither was Indiana Jones when they built that ride but it still effected the realism of the ride.

Now it is running joke for Sorcerer's Apprentice about whether Tintin is a Disney IP lol

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
t was before my time so I might be slightly fuzzy on some details, but in an early season one team won a round with an E-Ticket based on the Adventurers of Tintin for Disneyland Paris's Adventureland. Which lead to a bit debate since Tintin isn't a Disney IP but neither was Indiana Jones when they built that ride but it still effected the realism of the ride.

Now it is running joke for Sorcerer's Apprentice about whether Tintin is a Disney IP lol
Ah. 😂

Voxel

President of Progress City
Wet
A ss
Pandora
View attachment 522233

Grant Seeker lol

Though Figment obviously is up there too

Gotta agree. Nigel is great and he has a fun dynamic with Figment. It's just a shame they aren't well utilized and the ride itself isn't as good as it could be.

View attachment 522235

It was before my time so I might be slightly fuzzy on some details, but in an early season one team won a round with an E-Ticket based on the Adventurers of Tintin for Disneyland Paris's Adventureland. Which lead to a bit debate since Tintin isn't a Disney IP but neither was Indiana Jones when they built that ride but it still effected the realism of the ride.

This is correct in a nutshell. It was the first challenge of season 2 and the fight that broke out almost ended the game.

I cant remember if stated it needed to be an original IP OR disney IP. It didn't help that the team that made the complaint was actually two ppl who thought they nailed it (cough cough team air for life!!!).

I also cant remember if the initial comment started off as a joke and became serious or was serious from the start. It was a heated few days before it did finally become a running joke. That year had some epic projects.

DashHaber

This is correct in a nutshell. It was the first challenge of season 2 and the fight that broke out almost ended the game.

I cant remember if stated it needed to be an original IP OR disney IP. It didn't help that the team that made the complaint was actually two ppl who thought they nailed it (cough cough team air for life!!!).

I also cant remember if the initial comment started off as a joke and became serious or was serious from the start. It was a heated few days before it did finally become a running joke. That year had some epic projects.
At least the heat cooled down.

I will say, though, that The Adventures of Tintin would make a good choice for a ride.

tcool123

Come ok ya know team sea was better, you did abandon team air albeit by force cause we did steal you 😉

I will say, though, that The Adventures of Tintin would make a good choice for a ride.
I prefer Sinbad and his seven voyages 😉

Voxel

President of Progress City
Team Sea ride or die.

But actually I’m pretty sure that the TinTin debate started as a joke and then someone took it too far and it stopped being a joke. Like what always happened back then.
I thing Eng said something that went to far. He had a habit of pushing ppl hard, but dang it he was a great partner.

I might be bias but Eng and I were a dangerous team lol.

But yea Team Sea became gold esp after I transfered.

Last edited:

tcool123

I thing Eng said something that went to far. He had a habit of pushing ppl hard, but dang it he was a great partner.

I might be bias but Eng and I were a dangerous team lol.

But yea Team Sea became gold esp after I transfered.
I -
Well -

Yea this is valid. My personal favorite project was the Pirates Bay land for Hong Kong. I believe it was the first time I did a dark ride by myself?

Edit: That was Matilda for the Islands of Adventure challenge. I think?

tcool123

If tintin ever gets added to disney+ I expect chaos.
Speaking of, it actually surprised me Horton got added there, I always associated Suess with Universal that I forgot that Fox owned the rights to it. Kinda surreal in a way and adds to the ever expanding disney-universal crossover list.
If it weren’t for Suess Landing im sure Horton Hears a Who E-Tocket rollercoaster with 85 loops and built in gift shop and restaurant would be built at Animal Kingdom cause ya know elephant main character

NigelChanning

If it weren’t for Suess Landing im sure Horton Hears a Who E-Tocket rollercoaster with 85 loops and built in gift shop and restaurant would be built at Animal Kingdom cause ya know elephant main character
You’ve never heard the exclusive interview with Joe Rhode? He said that the initial plan for Expedition Everest was for it to be based around Horton. You’d ride into his mouth at 400 miles per hour and plunge toward an inevitable death. Eventually, the sheer greatness of Horton would become too much for our mortal bodies to comprehend. That’s why the project was canned.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You’ve never heard the exclusive interview with Joe Rhode? He said that the initial plan for Expedition Everest was for it to be based around Horton. You’d ride into his mouth at 400 miles per hour and plunge toward an inevitable death. Eventually, the sheer greatness of Horton would become too much for our mortal bodies to comprehend. That’s why the project was canned.
1609901898242.png

Suchomimus

Thomas The Elephant Engine:
EdwIt4wXsAElnNK.jpg

You dare to ignore me mortals?

91JLovesDisney

@91JLovesDisney my writing music tonight!

😍 love that track - what do you think of this? My first Disneyland upload - I'd been wanting this but as far as I know no one else has made this, so... I did 🤣

Lol my first rating was a dislike - there's a dude on YouTube who found a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train queue music track online, so he uploaded it and I used it in my 7DMT mix, so he commented threatening to copyright claim my video if I didn't give him credit... I found a specific rule in YouTube's rules about that and I let him know, but I think that was a mistake because now he's disliking my videos... :(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom