Universal Capacity

seascape

Nope...

https:///2020/12/universal-reservation-system-ad1/
I agree that Universal is showing they only care about money and not safety. As the article stated, having everyone park in the same garage. go through the same security check and walk through City Walk is clearly to get people to spend their money at one of the parks and if they can't get in fine. they spent money on parking and will end up buying something at City Walk.

In my opinion, I am shocked they get a pass on these threads because if Disney operated like Universal is they would be destroyed. Just another example of the double standards here. WDW should be closed because of Covid19 no matter how WDW operates but Universal can have unsafe conditions and they can stay open with no complaints.

JoeCamel

I agree that Universal is showing they only care about money and not safety. As the article stated, having everyone park in the same garage. go through the same security check and walk through City Walk is clearly to get people to spend their money at one of the parks and if they can't get in fine. they spent money on parking and will end up buying something at City Walk.

In my opinion, I am shocked they get a pass on these threads because if Disney operated like Universal is they would be destroyed. Just another example of the double standards here. WDW should be closed because of Covid19 no matter how WDW operates but Universal can have unsafe conditions and they can stay open with no complaints.
I think you missed the "nopes". I am in that boat as well

Tom Morrow

Honestly, this is disgusting and appalling. People must be absolutely fuming. I can't fathom why they wouldn't have introduced a park reservation system by now.

Note that I'm not saying Disney is a great experience right now, or lately. But it's better than the nightmare that Universal has become.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Honestly, this is disgusting and appalling. People must be absolutely fuming. I can't fathom why they wouldn't have introduced a park reservation system by now.

Note that I'm not saying Disney is a great experience right now, or lately. But it's better than the nightmare that Universal has become.
In most other states, a reservation system would have been required to open.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, we now know why there was such a big crowd before rope drop this morning:

https:///2020/12/universal-guests-alternate-park-plans-ad1/

JoeCamel

I can't understand why all these people want to subject themselves to that? It cannot be a good experience virus or not, waiting in lines, shoulder to shoulder and no place to sit and relax?
Not for me

JT3000

Did you just now realize why CityWalk exists? 20 years later? It's not like they can close it and teleport you straight to the parks just because there's a pandemic, so of course you'll have to walk through it. And the security check makes the most sense right where it is, which is why they put it there.

seascape

Did you just now realize why CityWalk exists? 20 years later? It's not like they can close it and teleport you straight to the parks just because there's a pandemic, so of course you'll have to walk through it. And the security check makes the most sense right where it is, which is why they put it there.
You just gave the reason Universal needs a reservation system more than any other themepark in the USA.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can't understand why all these people want to subject themselves to that? It cannot be a good experience virus or not, waiting in lines, shoulder to shoulder and no place to sit and relax?
Not for me

Maximizing their "value" proposition that Uni made after reopening, buy one, get the rest of the year free. That was today and is tomorrow.

JT3000

You just gave the reason Universal needs a reservation system more than any other themepark in the USA.
I fail to see how walking through CityWalk during a pandemic is worse than walking through the TTC and having to sit in an indoor monorail with other parties in the next cabin over, or being herded onto a boat & surrounded by a ton of other people.

seascape

I fail to see how walking through CityWalk during a pandemic is worse than walking through the TTC and having to sit in an indoor monorail with other parties in the next cabin over, or being herded onto a boat & surrounded by a ton of other people.
Read themepark insider if you need help in understanding the difference. Plus, with no park hopping the TTC is only used for MK. if you want to go to one of the other 3 parks or Disney Springs you would park at one of the other 4 parking areas and not the one parking lot for all 3 areas at Universal. I wonder why Universal set up their parking the way they did because the Flue Season comes every year and hopefully all themeparks will keep temperature screaming all year long forever. People get sick and spread diseases all year long and not just during pandemics.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Read themepark insider if you need help in understanding the difference. Plus, with no park hopping the TTC is only used for MK. if you want to go to one of the other 3 parks or Disney Springs you would park at one of the other 4 parking areas and not the one parking lot for all 3 areas at Universal. I wonder why Universal set up their parking the way they did because the Flue Season comes every year and hopefully all themeparks will keep temperature screaming all year long forever. People get sick and spread diseases all year long and not just during pandemics.

That's always been a drawback of visiting Disney parks. Self-absorbed people who know that they or their children are sick but travel anyway. Window licking, sniffling, touching everything in reach they as always do. The further north people live, the earlier in the year they are concentrated closer together, so escaping those conditions for the warmer climates they share the "wealth" of communicable diseases.

seascape

That's always been a drawback of visiting Disney parks. Self-absorbed people who know that they or their children are sick but travel anyway. Window licking, sniffling, touching everything in reach they as always do. The further north people live, the earlier in the year they are concentrated closer together, so escaping those conditions for the warmer climates they share the "wealth" of communicable diseases.
I agree and that is why health rules need to be implemented on a permanent basis. There should also be a temperature check prior to anyone boarding a plane. Covid19 is not and will not be the only communicable disease that speads in public. Health concerns must be everyone's responsibility. We owe it to each other and companies we spend thousands on owe us a degree of safety.

Tori

Not for me
I don't understand either why people choose to vacation during the busiest week of the year. Pandemic or not.

Come back in January and the parks are a ghost town.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't understand either why people choose to vacation during the busiest week of the year. Pandemic or not.

Come back in January and the parks are a ghost town.
School systems are notoriously strict with attendance. For many families, holiday weeks are the only time to vacation... except also during the unbearable Summer Florida heat.

That could all change if enough parents wanted it to. They can run for school boards or vote in those who sympathize with off-cycle vacations.

Maybe the practice so many have had with remote schooling could change that.

But yeah, I plan my WDW vacations for the first weeks of Oct, Dec, and Feb.

bryanfze55

I agree and that is why health rules need to be implemented on a permanent basis. There should also be a temperature check prior to anyone boarding a plane. Covid19 is not and will not be the only communicable disease that speads in public. Health concerns must be everyone's responsibility. We owe it to each other and companies we spend thousands on owe us a degree of safety.

That’s a bit extreme. Not everyone with a fever has a communicable disease. There are several causes of fever. Post-COVID, if you’re that concerned about getting the flu, perhaps consider locking yourself in your house rather than flying during flu season.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That’s a bit extreme. Not everyone with a fever has a communicable disease. There are several causes of fever. Post-COVID, if you’re that concerned about getting the flu, perhaps consider locking yourself in your house rather than flying during flu season.

So you're of the mind if I'm ok with it, you should be ok with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom