Universal Capacity

disneyflush

The park's gonna hit (Universal's laughably too high) capacity every day until at least Sunday. I can't believe they didn't create a reservation system by now. Imagine putting up with the situation they create at the beginning of the day, doing everything suggested, and still not getting in.
My family arrives there early Monday of next week. I can see from your description it is going to be ridiculous (which I expected to a degree because of Spring Break so thats on me). Do you have any tips that might make it easier to navigate or accomplish more while onsite? We are in Cabana Bay so no express passes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My family arrives there early Monday of next week. I can see from your description it is going to be ridiculous (which I expected to a degree because of Spring Break so thats on me). Do you have any tips that might make it easier to navigate or accomplish more while onsite? We are in Cabana Bay so no express passes.
Early entry and rope drop. and by RD I mean an hour before

Tom Morrow

Arrive very early, and maybe even take a break in the afternoon, and return for the evening. Depending on how many days you have, it might be hard to accomplish everything without Express Pass. Go with the expectation that you might not get to do everything rather than stressing out trying to do it all.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just adding if you want to do any sit down meals make reservations if there's any place you really want to eat. You may also want to check out touringplans. I've found them helpful at both Disney and UNI. The one good thing about crowds is you actually have time to see all the details in the Potter ques. When the lines are short you can miss a lot of details

disneyflush

Thanks to both of you! Will plan on getting there 1 hour before rope drop. Did make a couple reservations for restaurants so that will be very helpful. We have 5 park days so will space it out as needed to hit the different things.

JoeCamel

Thanks to both of you! Will plan on getting there 1 hour before rope drop. Did make a couple reservations for restaurants so that will be very helpful. We have 5 park days so will space it out as needed to hit the different things.
5 park days will allow you to do everything you want a couple of times. Might get a pool day if you want or Volcano bay, CBBR is a very nice place to be on it's own. 1 hour before will still give you a ~30 min wait. Once in you will be limited in what is open, If it is USO then hit Minions if that is your thing then Diagon alley. Check to see what they will open, normally that is it.

If it is IOA and you want to ride Hagrids, Forbidden Journey do those during early entry if available

Tom Morrow

How are the crowds this week. I'm afraid to ask but.........................

Not as bad as last week, but... if you're even a LITTLE BIT scared of COVID, DO. NOT. go to Universal for a few weeks. They still let in more people than they can reasonably control.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not as bad as last week, but... if you're even a LITTLE BIT scared of COVID, DO. NOT. go to Universal for a few weeks. They still let in more people than they can reasonably control.
Thank you. I'm still under travel restrictions but was curious as to what's going on as I have a friend who is considering going.

Tom Morrow

Universal was “at capacity” today, but the wait times were nowhere near as crazy as when they were at capacity two weeks ago, or on weekends. I suspect they have a sliding “capacity”. Or perhaps don’t actually enforce one at all and just say they do. Either way, it’s dishonest.

JT3000

www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/mglo3v/karen_at_universal_studios_says_shell_spread/

This is pretty much going viral. Now, I do not agree at all with blaming Universal for this situation, but perhaps this will get them to take the COVID procedures a bit more seriously again?
I mean... If I were Universal, I would've kicked her out & permanently trespassed her, for multiple reasons. But I'm not sure this is even a question of Covid procedures. They could've had all possible measures in place and this woman still might've gotten into the park. It's not like they can give all guests an actual full-fledged Covid test at the front gate, and it has no relation to their capacity issues (table availability at a particular location doesn't indicate how many people are in the park.) We don't even know if she actually had Covid or was lying. She lacks common decency either way.

Last edited:

thelookingglass

What's ironic is, Disney is well-known for their tendency to coddle their bad behaving guests, while Universal has always had a much more "no BS", "if you're not nice then you don't get nice service" approach. But with COVID... Disney is regularly kicking people out for not following procedures, but Universal isn't. Universal will call people out for not wearing their masks and such, but that's the extent of it. This video doesn't tell us enough about what happened before or after it, so I'm not placing blame on Universal for it, but I agree in that I hope maybe the fact that it's going viral will make them start to take the COVID procedures more seriously again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom