Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

RandySavage

Is the topped-out feature above that orange circular building at right? If so, there appeared to be much taller structural features to this land and attraction (even considering the rearmost 'towers' will be painted flats like EPCOT Ratatouille).
ztp02984302346827491283fi.jpg

Somewhat disconcerting to hold a topping-out ceremony for a low-rise building. We need a pic of the Model.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Somewhat disconcerting to hold a topping-out ceremony for a low-rise building. We need a pic of the Model.
The topping-out ceremony is referencing the main attraction building. The rest is non-load-bearing superficial additions, possibly smaller adjoining buildings/shops with mostly rear projection "windows", and a cityscape that definitely looks like scenic flats. The detail on the concept art is impressive but it's what you don't see that's most revealing. Almost looks like a closed off set or cul-de-sac.

Compare the concept art to say this image:
1609382766756.png

And you REALLY start to wonder!

Last edited:

RandySavage

^What has me scratching my head is why would they hold a topping out ceremony for a structure that is going to be 2-3x taller (according to the art). It would be like Star Wars Land having a topping out ceremony when the roof of the 40ft showbuilding was completed as opposed to when they put up the tallest steel - the 135ft rock spire. They should call it a "Construction Milestone" ceremony vs. "Topping Out" because the latter makes one think that's the highest point, which I certainly hope is not the case.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Remember this is a Chapek era project... the attraction on the inside might be great however all signs point to the outside looking terrible.

cino

A former Imagineer, who worked on SDL, shared this on twitter. I’m assuming he’s not involved in the actual project, and he’s just guessing what Zootopia could look like. It’s still a probably very educated guess.

View attachment 563521
Good drawing. But Zootopia Land looks like imaginery as the ride building is located totally at the wrong place.

cino

Looks to me like he has it in the right place. (It's likely Shull has been privy to the Zootopia project).
View attachment 565591
Sorry my mind was a complete mess writing that post. Yes it is the ride building. I meant to say I found some buildings the map didn't mention. I believe there is quite a large buiding under construction between Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and the round shaped Zootopia police office.

dennis-in-ct

Pardon me if I missed this but do we know what the ride system is for this ride?
And do we have an existing show building that this compares to just to give us some idea of the scope of the ride?
I thought I read this was a test track style ride, but I don't see a track on the outside of the building like Radiator Springs Racers. Since I don't see tracks outside the building, I am wondering if this is more like Indy/Dinosaur.

J4546

this recent pic taken from a still of a video makes the main building look massive, so whatever is in it Im sure will be top notch. Even though I will prob never go to this park anytime soon, its a very interesting project imo

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2022-01-07-at-2-00-40-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2022-01-07-at-2-00-40-PM.png
    1,002 KB · Views: 155

GimpYancIent

this recent pic taken from a still of a video makes the main building look massive, so whatever is in it Im sure will be top notch. Even though I will prob never go to this park anytime soon, its a very interesting project imo
SD is located in the PRC nuff said.

RandySavage

Pardon me if I missed this but do we know what the ride system is for this ride?
And do we have an existing show building that this compares to just to give us some idea of the scope of the ride?
I thought I read this was a test track style ride, but I don't see a track on the outside of the building like Radiator Springs Racers. Since I don't see tracks outside the building, I am wondering if this is more like Indy/Dinosaur.
Still secret, but I assume it needs to be accessible to young riders, ruling out a thrilling EMV type ride. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a cousin of the MM Runaway Railway or Ratatouille rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom