The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
We never lose power.
We don't often. The power company does a decent job of cutting back and trimming trees but there always a chance of some idiot thinking they don't need to drive a bit more carefully when there's snow on the road. Usually somebody with a truck who thinks it's ok to drive quickly because they're the only vehicle on the road:cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

Major snowstorm yesterday. Had at least 8 inches by the time I went to bed. Maybe there was more? One of our pups refused to go out so had to set up the old puppy pads in the garage for her. Currently listening to the plows in our development. No idea how much our total is yet. Dh getting a late start for work today. At least we have a heavy duty snowblower. Bought a shovel that has wheels attached to it last week. Figured it would be good for lesser amounts of snow. Youngest was so excited to use it yesterday. She realized real quick that even with wheels on a shovel, it is still hard work. It was fun for about 10 minutes. 🙄 Called a snowcaster. 6BB89725-D04F-455E-8054-77875610BE63.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got a reminder from my vet's office to schedule an appointment for Belle. I tried to make an appointment and discovered my vet left and is now a surgical vet.

I'm bummed, she was the best. If she were still seeing regular patients I would have followed her.

Ugh. Don't you hate that!! We've had a great vet for Jack. She moved a few years ago to a location that's really inconvenient to where are, and with very limited on-street parking, in a congested city. But hubs won't take Jack to anyone else, so he deals with the inconvenience, just so Jack can be taken care of, by the best.

MySmallWorldof4

So we received all the presents for the kids except for one that my son wanted. It has been stuck at a USPS warehouse in Monroe Twp, NJ since Dec 4. This is how crazy that is. My youngest wanted an art book from a cartoon called “Song of the Sea”. After searching like a mad woman because they were selling it on Amazon for over $10,000, (I kid you not), I managed to find the movie company in Ireland sold it still. The movie came out a couple of years ago. So for 36 Euros I ordered a book from Ireland. It arrived a couple of days ago. It was ordered the same day as the gift for my son which is still in Jersey. 🤦‍♀️ I emailed the company to see if they can look into it. Ridiculous.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Major snowstorm yesterday. Had at least 8 inches by the time I went to bed. Maybe there was more? One of our pups refused to go out so had to set up the old puppy pads in the garage for her. Currently listening to the plows in our development. No idea how much our total is yet. Dh getting a late start for work today. At least we have a heavy duty snowblower. Bought a shovel that has wheels attached to it last week. Figured it would be good for lesser amounts of snow. Youngest was so excited to use it yesterday. She realized real quick that even with wheels on a shovel, it is still hard work. It was fun for about 10 minutes. 🙄 Called a snowcaster. View attachment 519274

Yes, any of the wheeled, push shovels are great -- but only if the snow is light. Most of the time here, it's not, except for this particular storm -- it's fluffy and white!! :joyfull: Can't wait to go out and play in it this afternoon, once the snow stops. There will be a LOT of snow to move today. :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

More work-related fun...
So, late this afternoon one of the principal partners called me into his office, and asked me to close the door behind myself, and have a seat. Oh boy, what could be up...?!
He then proceeded to tell me that both the companies annual profit sharing contribution to my 401K and my Christmas bonus were going to be increased by 150%...!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:o_O:greedy::joyfull:
I had to pinch myself about 150 times (OUCH!!! :in pain:;)) because...well...2020...!!!!! :cyclops::hilarious:
When I called Carolyn to tell her, she got so excited she said she thought she may have pee’d herself a bit...!!!!! 🤭:hilarious:
Again, feeling so thankful, grateful, and blessed...!!! :)
Congratulations!!! You are so talented at what you do. Very glad your bosses recognize that and appreciate you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So we received all the presents for the kids except for one that my son wanted. It has been stuck at a USPS warehouse in Monroe Twp, NJ since Dec 4. This is how crazy that is. My youngest wanted an art book from a cartoon called “Song of the Sea”. After searching like a mad woman because they were selling it on Amazon for over $10,000, (I kid you not), I managed to find the movie company in Ireland sold it still. The movie came out a couple of years ago. So for 36 Euros I ordered a book from Ireland. It arrived a couple of days ago. It was ordered the same day as the gift for my son which is still in Jersey. 🤦‍♀️ I emailed the company to see if they can look into it. Ridiculous.

The whole delivery system (regardless of private or mail delivery service) is wacko this holiday season. They are ALL completely overwhelmed by the demand. And I know there is a system in place for "hubs" or whatever, that various packages go to, before they arrive at the address.

However, it is funny to me, to read the history of the tracking online. For example, sent a small package (sweatshirt) to my bro in N.C. (So, that's MA to N.C.) Now, my local post office sent it to a hub (or whatever) up in Portland, Maine. (O.k. guys, that's north of here . . .). Then a day after that, they sent it to a hub down in Connecticut. (Getting there . . . ) About 3-4 days after that (with various other locations), it arrived at his house in N.C.

I'm still trying to figure out -- does it make sense to send a package to a southern state, NORTH to Portland, Maine first? :hilarious:

FutureCEO

Yes, any of the wheeled, push shovels are great -- but only if the snow is light. Most of the time here, it's not, except for this particular storm -- it's fluffy and white!! :joyfull: Can't wait to go out and play in it this afternoon, once the snow stops. There will be a LOT of snow to move today. :happy:

As of two hours ago, the news reported towns near me had 8 inches so I'm assuming we have more now. But they also reporting thunderstorm and 1 - 4 inches an hour.

A woman I work with has an electric shovel which baffled me. Never heard of one before.

MySmallWorldof4

All the stuff:

1. Bought a serious used jazz collection that was so much fun to sort through, and is juicing sales very nicely.

2. Had a cyst removed this afternoon. Procedure was no big deal, but I’ve been pretty uncomfortable since the local wore off. I may or may not be a little chemically assisted right now. I also discovered a salted caramel chocolate chip cookie from The Fresh Market on my way home, and should have gotten two. Those may be part of my holiday gifts for everyone this year, worth the diet cheat.

3. Should get an answer on the store expansion in the next few days! Trying not to get too excited about it in case it falls through. (Too late!)

4. Before I even got to tell you guys that the sparkle was back in Kylie’s eyes, I came home from work after midnight a few days ago, and she was limp-hopping like a kangaroo (I think on a different paw!?) Brian said she was fine when he went to bed, so we have no idea what happened. We’ve seen only a slight improvement, and I’m starting to get concerned about certain scenarios.

5. WDW is likely off the table for Christmas. The cabins are $700. The Keys aren’t looking good, either. Thinking about dinner out with cousin Tif.

Found some of a certain series of CD box sets, I think about ten. Must’ve paid about $2 each. Turned out to average $100 each in value. Now that’s some margin! (If we can find a buyer.)

Night!
Hope the area where you had the cyst heals quickly as well as Kylie’s leg. Our one dog is having that issue now. Think she hurt it going up the slippery deck stairs the other day. Her brother was a little rough as he pushed past her and I think that caused her to lose her footing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As of two hours ago, the news reported towns near me had 8 inches so I'm assuming we have more now. But they also reporting thunderstorm and 1 - -4 inches an hour.

A woman I work with has an electric shovel which baffled me. Never heard of one before.

Did you mean to say thundersnow? I hope we get some thundersnow -- haven't had that phenomenon for well over a year, at least. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom