The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

No wonder they were your friends -- some good food there! :joyfull:
Some of my friends are Muslim too. During Ramadam Muslims can only eat at sundown so at dinner time it is a feast before your eyes. At Iftar which concludes Ramadan, it is the best night of it all. Gotta love having diverse friends that believe in different religions!

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Not sure I'd like that, as I've never had rum. Looks too strong tasting for me. Instead, have you ever tried Kahlua? It tastes just like chocolate milk, when it's mixed with milk. :hungry: Haven't had one of those in a few years, but I liked it when I had one. :)

OK, no surprise here, I like both rum and Kahlua, but, Kahlua is 20% ABV, and your average rum is 40%ABV.
Haven’t had either in a while, but, both good stuff...!!!!! :hungry:

Willmark

Why do you think I said go get em;) What's this MSRP you speak of?
In the end I didn't pay MSRP :) And one good thing? I was able to avoid the 1.5k on repairs on the one I'm trading in due to a mishap at the garage.

Pulled the trigger today on a 2021 TRD Off Road Tacoma. In the end I couldn't find a TRD Pro nearby. The last few were snatched up recently.

But in all my careful planning I hadn't considered one crucial factor: Covid. In the Spring the auto plants were all shut down and that constrained supply of a lot of vehicles. Add to this mid-sized trucks have been flying off the lot as I found out this AM when I want to go look at the local dealers websites and the trucks I've had my eyes on. Fortunately, I checked today and saw one literally disappear from the website within 5 minutes of looking. Mrs Willmark was off today so worked 1/2 day and when shopping. Inventory on mid sized trucks is really bad right now, it would have been slim pickins had I waited much longer.

Long story short? Negotiated from a position of strength, made a fair offer off the bat. Was prepared to walk if need be. Got them to waive the dealer location fees, got 2k off, 500 less on the trade in (which ended up being the trade in number I was shooting for anyways), 1k rebate and basically nullified the state taxes and fees. The salesman did all the right things but I was up for the task (I did sales for 10 years, no autos, as a pt job); the fun part was when he got up with the MSRP number to go in back, and I was like "Well that's a price, but that's not the price I'm paying" Worked out well.

Now the fun part: they have to get it from 250 miles away. I'm working on getting them to trailer it, rather than drive it back at no cost. :) Could be next week or at the end of the month at the latest. Either way at least that is done.

Roughly what it will look like:
new tacoma.png

Last edited:

Songbird76

As of yesterday, he’s feeling “95% better” and his more accurate test from Monday somehow came back negative. He is getting tested again today. He’s off the schedule until I’m comfortable with results.
Huh...maybe it is just a bug. But I don't blame you for being cautious. I would be, too. I hope he's not upset about it, though.

Songbird76

I just want the lady gone. She cannot get along with my grandson, who lives above her and gossips about his girlfriend. She stands on her porch and talks to the one cat she has left and her comments are always so loud that everyone can hear her. The subject matter is usually very judgemental about others and she gets quite nasty at times. Her remaining cat is male and he goes upstairs on my grandsons back porch and pees everywhere . I asked her to keep her cat in the house, but she won’t even do that. We may or may not get another tenant, but she has been talking about leaving for quite a while, that I won’t believe it till/ when it happens
That is a horrendous situation. What does your husband say about the fact that she doesn't get along with your son? I wish I had better advice for you....I hope your husband will come around to see that it just isn't working for any of you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
In the end I didn't pay MSRP :) And one good thing? I was able to avoid the 1.5k on repairs on the one I'm trading in due to a mishap at the garage.

Pulled the trigger today on a 2021 TRD Off Road Tacoma. In the end I couldn't find a TRD Pro nearby. The last few were snatched up recently.

But in all my careful planning I hadn't considered one crucial factor: Covid. In the Spring the auto plants were all shut down and that constrained supply of a lot of vehicles. Add to this mid-sized trucks have been flying off the lot as I found out this AM when I want to go look at the local dealers websites and the trucks I've had my eyes on. Fortunately, I checked today and saw one literally disappear from the website within 5 minutes of looking. Mrs Willmark was off today so worked 1/2 day and when shopping. Inventory on mid sized trucks is really bad right now, it would have been slim pickins had I waited much longer.

Long story short? Negotiated from a position of strength, made a fair offer off the bat. Was prepared to walk if need be. Got them to waive the dealer location fees, got 2k off, 500 less on the trade in (which ended up being the trade in number I was shooting for anyways), 1k rebate and basically nullified the state taxes and fees. The salesman did all the right things but I was up for the task (I did sales for 10 years, no autos, as a pt job); the fun part was when he got up with the MSRP number to go in back, and I was like "Well that's a price, but that's not the price I'm paying" Worked out well.

Now the fun part: they have to get it from 250 miles away. I'm working on getting them to trailer it, rather than drive it back at no cost. :) Could be next week or at the end of the month at the latest. Either way at least that is done.

Roughly what it will look like:
View attachment 518390
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Songbird76

3 year old: "Mommy! Guess what?! My poop is brown like your hair!" 🙄. #momlife
Years ago, when we still lived in the US, we were at Burger King one morning and this little boy came out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles and shouted to his mom across the room "Mom! You've got to come wipe my butt!!!" Mom was soooo embarrassed, but we thought it was hilarious.

donaldtoo

I really want to go into space...
I have always had that dream since I can remember even from the late 70’s.
Boy, did I ever want to do that and still do. But, I also wanted have and raise a family in my earlier life, same reason I didn’t become an airline pilot......!!!!! :hilarious:
My family has known it for years...it is something I just have always wanted to do, since I was a child. I’ll just blame it on Walt Disney, and the entire space program...!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom