Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

Rista1313

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

I loved this sign!!
View attachment 515075

The crowds didn't seem too heavy there.
View attachment 515076

E asked if we could go to the Lego store first to get it out of the way.
View attachment 515077

It wasn't very crowded in there either.
View attachment 515078

View attachment 515079

J was happy with his pick!! Notice E's hand--J had a few Disney gift cards that she was going to use for the Lego set. If this was a @Darstarr TR she would be telling you that "paying at Disney is hard". It was nothing short of a nightmare. E ended up having to go to 3 different registers b/c apparently there was only one register that was accepting them at the time & no one knew which one it was. It felt like musical registers. I swear it took 10 minutes & 10 people to ring up one Lego set!!
View attachment 515080

One of the many attempts.....
View attachment 515081

We were finally free at last & we headed to dinner!!
View attachment 515082

I had been wanting to eat here for years so I was really excited to finally try it!!
View attachment 515083

We had a few minutes so we browsed the gift shop. R enjoys Crown so I took this picture to show him :hilarious:
View attachment 515084
I have that crown saying on a coffee mug!

riverside

Original Poster
I'm so glad that SS has been a good replacement for POR Riverside until it opens again! One of the best things about Disney World is getting to meet so many friendly cast members and other guests and it sounds like your golf cart driver was one of them! So glad you all enjoyed The Boathouse so much and it was so sweet of your server to bring J all those different color cars. :) That is hysterical that they thought E was a child! 🤣 🤣 🤣
I am glad it has been also. I miss POR a ton but in looking at the bright side at least it's forced us to try new things!!
Mark was a pleasure to talk to!! I'm glad we spent the time talking to him!!
Just what J needed--more cars--even if they were only paper!! 🤣
It was so funny. People always think she's younger than what she is. Heck, the water server didn't even see her standing up. She's not even 5 feet tall!!
Love Mark from Wisconsin!

Lego story...🤦🏼‍♀️

Truffle fries are the best. I make them when chocolate and beer aren’t working😂
After talking to him I can see why you like him--he strikes me as someone you would get along with well;)
It was a total PIA there....
Too bad I don't cook b/c maybe I'd do the same. Then again, I've mastered mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes, fries--not much difference right?🤣
Boathouse is one of our family's favorites. I turned my daughter onto oysters on the half shell there. Now she orders them whenever
they're on a menu.
Maybe I'll try those next time. I've never had them on the half shell but I've had oysters in recipes. My mom always made oyster stuffing for Thanksgiving. It's a favorite of mine!!
I have that crown saying on a coffee mug!
Too bad R doesn't drink coffee b/c I'd definitely get him one!!
I'm late as usual, But great TR so far!! We love the Boathouse! My wife loves the clam strips and I am a big fan of the coconut shrimp. Sitting on the dock for an adult beverage after is always a plus!
Thank you!! I love clam strips!!
When we were being seated they asked us if we wanted to sit inside or outside. E wanted to sit outside but JSR wanted inside. I think it would have been nice to sit outside--next time!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

I took a few pics on the way out.
IMG_7706.JPEG

I smiled when I saw this. People allowed to sit at a bar!! Here in PA it's not allowed. It was just nice to see some "normalcy" that we don't have around here.
IMG_7707.JPEG

Next up was World of Disney. There was quite a line to get in but it did move pretty quick.
IMG_7708.JPEG

Mr. Rule Follower still doesn't cross over the line!!
IMG_7710.JPEG

Even with the controlled capacity in WoD the place was a zoo. I didn't have anything I really wanted to look for/buy so I decided to remove myself. It had nothing to do w/Covid. I don't care for that store on a good day & didn't really feel the need to be in there. Besides, that would leave room for someone else to be able to go in.
IMG_7711.JPEG

Throughout the evening @lindawdw & I had been texting back & forth. This was the only day that our paths would cross during our trips so we planned to meet after our dinner & before it was time for her reservation. When I had told E that I was leaving WoD I told her I also had a meetup. She didn't hear the meetup part of it & said when she saw me talking to people she knew right away it had to be someone from this site!!
IMG_7712.JPEG

It was such a fun meetup!! We chatted for awhile. It felt like I was catching up with a forever friend--so cool!! I also had the pleasure of meeting @lindawdw's husband & daughter. I also felt like I knew them also. The only downside was I wish it could have lasted longer but I have high hopes that our paths will cross again & we can spend more time together!!

The rest of the crew came out of WoD so introductions were done again. I noticed that J was being shy like he always seems to be when he first meets someone. So not the kid you're used to in these TR's!! @lindawdw was also celebrating her birthday!! She had mentioned that her birthday was the day prior. It didn't hit me until later but that is also R's birthday. I totally forgot that at the time--out of sight out of mind I guess??

Unfortunately our time together came to an end. @lindawdw & family had to get to their reservation at Wine Bar George(I really want to try that place soon!!). Again, 🤞that we can meet again in the near future!!
IMG_7714.JPEG

BTW--look how crazy my hair is!! After I saw this picture I decided I had to do something for the rest of the week--even though I had no hair products to tame it.

We went to Ghirardelli for some dessert. You place your order then have to wait outside for it. There is no indoor seating anymore. Now, I know it's not like other people are going to join them at their table but I think it is so rude to put your feet/dirty shoes where someone else is going to eventually sit.
IMG_7716.JPEG

We found a bench off to the side to eat our ice cream. I forgot to get pictures so I don't remember what everyone had. I just went for a small strawberry ice cream. I was surprised that I even decided to get that since I'm not an ice cream fan.
IMG_7717.JPEG

lindawdw

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

I took a few pics on the way out.
View attachment 515909

I smiled when I saw this. People allowed to sit at a bar!! Here in PA it's not allowed. It was just nice to see some "normalcy" that we don't have around here.
View attachment 515910

Next up was World of Disney. There was quite a line to get in but it did move pretty quick.
View attachment 515911

Mr. Rule Follower still doesn't cross over the line!!
View attachment 515912

Even with the controlled capacity in WoD the place was a zoo. I didn't have anything I really wanted to look for/buy so I decided to remove myself. It had nothing to do w/Covid. I don't care for that store on a good day & didn't really feel the need to be in there. Besides, that would leave room for someone else to be able to go in.
View attachment 515913

Throughout the evening @lindawdw & I had been texting back & forth. This was the only day that our paths would cross during our trips so we planned to meet after our dinner & before it was time for her reservation. When I had told E that I was leaving WoD I told her I also had a meetup. She didn't hear the meetup part of it & said when she saw me talking to people she knew right away it had to be someone from this site!!
View attachment 515914

It was such a fun meetup!! We chatted for awhile. It felt like I was catching up with a forever friend--so cool!! I also had the pleasure of meeting @lindawdw's husband & daughter. I also felt like I knew them also. The only downside was I wish it could have lasted longer but I have high hopes that our paths will cross again & we can spend more time together!!

The rest of the crew came out of WoD so introductions were done again. I noticed that J was being shy like he always seems to be when he first meets someone. So not the kid you're used to in these TR's!! @lindawdw was also celebrating her birthday!! She had mentioned that her birthday was the day prior. It didn't hit me until later but that is also R's birthday. I totally forgot that at the time--out of sight out of mind I guess??

Unfortunately our time together came to an end. @lindawdw & family had to get to their reservation at Wine Bar George(I really want to try that place soon!!). Again, 🤞that we can meet again in the near future!!
View attachment 515915
BTW--look how crazy my hair is!! After I saw this picture I decided I had to do something for the rest of the week--even though I had no hair products to tame it.

We went to Ghirardelli for some dessert. You place your order then have to wait outside for it. There is no indoor seating anymore. Now, I know it's not like other people are going to join them at their table but I think it is so rude to put your feet/dirty shoes where someone else is going to eventually sit.
View attachment 515916

We found a bench off to the side to eat our ice cream. I forgot to get pictures so I don't remember what everyone had. I just went for a small strawberry ice cream. I was surprised that I even decided to get that since I'm not an ice cream fan.
View attachment 515917
It was such a thrill for me to finally get to meet you after reading all your TR's Patti!!! I felt like I knew you all from your background stories and I was so happy that you got to meet my DH Pete and daughter Alyssa too! Being that I travel to WDW often during the year, I know we'll find a way to make another meet up happen in the future!!! :) It's so funny that "R" and I have the same birthday!!! I find WOD to be an overwhelming shop too but we usually do a walk through of it before heading to our favorite shops at DS! I'm with you on the rudeness of people putting their dirty shoes on the chairs :rolleyes: .

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Ok--please no judgement on this next post. I'm not saying it's right but everybody was doing it(I know, I know--when I would say to my mom, "well, so & so is doing it". Her comment always was, "Well, if so & so jumped off the bridge, would you?" I guess she had a point.)
Anyhow, while we were eating our ice cream people were lining up to get their pic taken with this backdrop. Everyone kept their masks on in line. Once they got up to take their picture they would take their masks off for it. Someone in the party behind them would take the picture for them. And it continued & continued. It was actually very nice & everyone stayed a safe distance away from the parties around them. Everyone was very respectful & immediately put their mask back on after their picture.
IMG_7718.JPEG

I like how he goes from looking like such a cutie....
IMG_7720.JPEG

....to Mr. Cool!!
IMG_7728.JPEG

IMG_7730.JPEG

We went to a few more shops & E decided to finally buy this. She had been looking at purchasing this for quite awhile. At that point the AP discount was 30% so might as well take advantage of it!!
IMG_7734.JPEG

I sat on a bench while they went in the art store. My feet were hurting & we planned to walk back so I wanted to rest a bit.
IMG_7735.JPEG

Why I took this I have no clue.
IMG_7736.JPEG

A few super blurry photos on the way back....
IMG_7738.JPEG

IMG_7739.JPEG

Back at the treehouse I got ready for bed & fell asleep watching Stacey!! Still can't believe how outdated it is!!
IMG_7741.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
It was such a thrill for me to finally get to meet you after reading all your TR's Patti!!! I felt like I knew you all from your background stories and I was so happy that you got to meet my DH Pete and daughter Alyssa too! Being that I travel to WDW often during the year, I know we'll find a way to make another meet up happen in the future!!! :) It's so funny that "R" and I have the same birthday!!! I find WOD to be an overwhelming shop too but we usually do a walk through of it before heading to our favorite shops at DS! I'm with you on the rudeness of people putting their dirty shoes on the chairs :rolleyes: .
I was thrilled to meet you & your family also!! They seem to be pretty comfortable with the whole "forum friends" thing!! I know it took R awhile to digest it!! I do feel pretty confident that it will happen sooner than later!! When I see things like that I always think to myself, "I wonder if they do that at home?" Then I come to my senses & realize that they probably do!!
I think that was so sweet that people were taking turns with the picture taking and the backdrop is adorable! You must have felt exhausted by the end of the evening since it had been your travel day!
It was neat. And again, everyone was very respectful & orderly about it. I really didn't see anything wrong in what was going on.
Yes, I was!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

The next morning I headed out around 6:30 to explore a bit. I pretty much walked around the whole treehouse section.
IMG_7743.JPEG

I'm telling you, it was downright scary to see these big buses on such a small road. @Darstarr it would have been too early to have a drink to settle my nerves watching this....
IMG_7745.JPEG

...or maybe not.
IMG_7746.JPEG

I headed out of harm's way & went back to the room.
IMG_7747.JPEG

Sassagoula was looking great as usual!!
IMG_7748.JPEG

I can't remember why I took pictures of the contents in the frig/freezer but here you go....
IMG_7749.JPEG

Had to make sure we had pizzas. JSR has a thing for them. He could eat the biggest dinner & 3 hours later he's asking who wants pizza so I made sure to order a few.
IMG_7750.JPEG

And, this my friends, is a WEEK'S supply of JSR's vitamins!! o_O Listen, I'm all for a multivitamin but what the heck?? Can you imagine taking all those? I always tell E he's crazy & he must want to live forever to take that many.
IMG_7751.JPEG

This is enough nutrition for me!!
IMG_7752.JPEG

I took my coffee out to the deck & enjoyed it out there!!
IMG_7753.JPEG

KellBelle

Lol at JSR and his pizza. My husband is seriously looking for something else to eat right after we’ve just finished dinner! Glad to see he’s in good company. 😂. I hope that pic spot of some sort is there when we arrive. I’m looking forward to a mask free pic or 2.

MegRuss626

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Ok--please no judgement on this next post. I'm not saying it's right but everybody was doing it(I know, I know--when I would say to my mom, "well, so & so is doing it". Her comment always was, "Well, if so & so jumped off the bridge, would you?" I guess she had a point.)
Anyhow, while we were eating our ice cream people were lining up to get their pic taken with this backdrop. Everyone kept their masks on in line. Once they got up to take their picture they would take their masks off for it. Someone in the party behind them would take the picture for them. And it continued & continued. It was actually very nice & everyone stayed a safe distance away from the parties around them. Everyone was very respectful & immediately put their mask back on after their picture.
View attachment 515919

I like how he goes from looking like such a cutie....
View attachment 515921

....to Mr. Cool!!
View attachment 515922

View attachment 515923

We went to a few more shops & E decided to finally buy this. She had been looking at purchasing this for quite awhile. At that point the AP discount was 30% so might as well take advantage of it!!
View attachment 515924

I sat on a bench while they went in the art store. My feet were hurting & we planned to walk back so I wanted to rest a bit.
View attachment 515925

Why I took this I have no clue.
View attachment 515926

A few super blurry photos on the way back....
View attachment 515927

View attachment 515928

Back at the treehouse I got ready for bed & fell asleep watching Stacey!! Still can't believe how outdated it is!!
View attachment 515929

No judgement here! I’m proof you’re safer in Disney than you are up here! My thanksgiving present yesterday was finding out my sinus infection was the Rona! 👎🏻

lindawdw

Those buses definitely seem to big for those small roads by the Treehouses! We always have snacks in the room for our happy hours each day at WDW! I have to laugh at JSR's vitamins because my DH and I each pack about that much also for a week's vacation! 🤣 I started out taking about 4 a day and now I'm up to 18 per day.:oops:

riverside

Original Poster
Lol at JSR and his pizza. My husband is seriously looking for something else to eat right after we’ve just finished dinner! Glad to see he’s in good company. 😂. I hope that pic spot of some sort is there when we arrive. I’m looking forward to a mask free pic or 2.
That's pretty much how he is also!!
The pic spot was on the side of Ghirardelli. Quite a few people were taking advantage of it!!
No judgement here! I’m proof you’re safer in Disney than you are up here! My thanksgiving present yesterday was finding out my sinus infection was the Rona! 👎🏻
Oh no!! How are you feeling? If you don't mind my asking, what were/are your symptoms?
Those buses definitely seem to big for those small roads by the Treehouses! We always have snacks in the room for our happy hours each day at WDW! I have to laugh at JSR's vitamins because my DH and I each pack about that much also for a week's vacation! 🤣 I started out taking about 4 a day and now I'm up to 18 per day.:oops:
I'm telling you--scary!!
Oh my!! That's probably how many he takes also!! I just couldn't stand to swallow that many pills!!
every time u say this a part of my soul withers away 😪
So sorry......just never was a big fan...
I eat “Amy’s soups” I’ll have to give those pizzas a try. Following along.
They're pretty good!! Glad you're here!!

In these times, a mimosa is a necessary part of a healthy regimen. Vitamin C plus anti bacterial (alcohol) has to help somehow. So far, it's working for me!
Unfortunately, I didn't have those ingredients!!
great that you met up with @lindawdw !
Yes--I was so excited that we were able to!!

MegRuss626

Oh no!! How are you feeling? If you don't mind my asking, what were/are your symptoms?
I’m not doing too bad thankfully. I started with horrible sinus issues last Saturday. I had a slight fever that evening for a few hours but it honestly felt no different than a bad sinus infection. It wasn’t until I lost my taste/smell about 3.5 days in that I knew it was probably more than just a sinus infection. George and Ryleigh both have it because everyone just thought it was a sinus infection. George has some very mild sinus issues and no taste/smell. Ryleigh is still acting like herself so 🤞🏻🙏🏻 that keeps up. And because I was around my inlaws for a few hours that Saturday because no one believed it was anything, my mother in law and sister in law both have it. My mother in law said it feels like a cold with a horrible headache and my sister in law has the extreme exhaustion. So they’re right when they say it’s super contagious but don’t believe when you read that it doesn’t usually affect your sinuses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom