Pfizer Vaccine News

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Doesn’t bother me at all. Indeed, it is you who keeps reaching out to me here, not the other way around. Feel free to follow your own advice and report this to the mods though, if it is bothering you that much.

As for the title, I think I’ll leave it exactly as is. Most people here are sophisticated enough to actually read the post itself in order to ascertain the point of the thread, as opposed to taking the simpleton approach of looking no farther than the title.
Wow, ok no need to start calling people names...but I’ve been called way worse than a simpleton :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think one of the challenges we are going to have once the vaccine starts getting rolled out is that some people who get it are going to think that the covid safety rules, mask wearing for example, should not apply to them. Proof of vaccination will probably help in areas like cruises or sporting events, but it's not going to be practical to do that everywhere, especially early on.

Calmdownnow

I think when we look back on this pandemic and the race for a vaccine it will likely go down as one of the greatest scientific achievements in history.
Agreed. providing the less developed economies are not left to die because either they can't pay for vaccines or effort doesn't go into creating the infrastructure needed to deliver the vaccinations. So, a big question needs to be aimed at the US. govt, the UK govt, the German/French/EU govts. the Chinese/Russian govts -- what are you doing to get the vaccine/s out to the world's population.

Calmdownnow

They did not. I think the rub for Pfizer is that they chose to develop the vaccine at risk (meaning if the vaccine failed they would be out whatever they spent on developing it with no funding from the federal government).
Sorry -- this is misleading. If the vaccine failed, yes the U.S. govt (in your terms. "the federal government") would have no risk involvement, but in reality the risk was taken by the European Union and the German Govt. who provided the up-front funding via monies to BioNTech to underwrite the risk. Just admit that the US is benefiting from a group of other countries that had a better grasp of what was going to be needed to respond to the pandemic.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Since the intent of this thread was not to talk about Pfizer vaccine news I setup a new thread to talk about that:

Try to respond to “off topic” posts there instead of here.

matt9112

Theres clearly a decent segment of the population that dosen't want to be vacinated or wants to wait a year or so as evidenced by posts in this very thread. To those wiser than me whats that mean for reaching the new normal? Hypothetically if say 5% of the population refuses the vaccine are we still having to be restricted and wearing masks everywhere?

Chi84

Premium Member
Theres clearly a decent segment of the population that dosen't want to be vacinated or wants to wait a year or so as evidenced by posts in this very thread. To those wiser than me whats that mean for reaching the new normal? Hypothetically if say 5% of the population refuses the vaccine are we still having to be restricted and wearing masks everywhere?
In my opinion, virtually no one will be willing to accept restrictions such as mask-wearing under those circumstances.

Goofyernmost

Not really, then it is on the folks that decide to not get the vaccine. As individuals the vaccination prevents us from being affected, so if others decide that they don't want the vaccine it is up to them to do what they need to do to protect themselves. If they decide not to, and they get Covid who would they think should be responsible for their condition. It is an entire different situation. 60% that decide to protect themselves are not responsible for the 40% that do not.

jaklgreen

Goodness, flour is such an issue. I was planning to have home baked bread rolls at the wake, but the funeral home told me there was a shortage...

This must be reginal since there is no flour shortage where I live. They did run out of canning jars and supplies this year. Lots of angry people about that. But it is still Lysol and other cleaning products that are in short supply and are still being limited here, as well as toilet paper.

Goofyernmost

Oh, I dunno, take a quick look above you. There’s still a pretty spectacular debate going on concerning nothing that this thread was intended for. 😂

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. How is what we have been discussing not in line with the title of this thread? The things that you have referred to as not in line is about the vaccine no matter who made it. The title doesn't say how does the vaccine affect your plans or daydreams of coming back. I merely says "PFIZER-VACCINE-NEWS. Ergo, a discussion about the vaccine! But you'll be happy to know that I have discussed everything that there is to discuss at this point, so I'm out anyway!

LastoneOn

I think one of the challenges we are going to have once the vaccine starts getting rolled out is that some people who get it are going to think that the covid safety rules, mask wearing for example, should not apply to them. Proof of vaccination will probably help in areas like cruises or sporting events, but it's not going to be practical to do that everywhere, especially early on.
Yes. Difference between not wearing one in general anymore and not abiding by a company's rules etc.
Look, if a business asks you to wear a mask, wear the damn mask or go to another business.
No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom