1986 - The House of the Future: Week 9

PerGron

But still, I encourage everyone to consider Outer Space. We want to make this a unifying park. What if we went a step further and went the DisneySea route of tying everything together? The entire park is one massive world with each land representing different corners of it.
I like it, but I feel like we should have a little bit of wiggle room with IP. Even DisneySea has some IP and while we don’t want it to be our anchor, I worry without it, it wouldn’t be as appealing to park-goers.

I know my cousin’s family hates Animal Kingdom because there isn’t enough IP (they’re insane) but it shows the rationale of some park goers

Mickeynerd17

But still, I encourage everyone to consider Outer Space. We want to make this a unifying park. What if we went a step further and went the DisneySea route of tying everything together? The entire park is one massive world with each land representing different corners of it.
Ok, this just sparked one insane idea that would probably not be realistic:

Have the entire park be a space station within a massive show building.

There are many parks like Ferrari World where they all take place in one show building, and this would be an epic one to do.

We could have trams take you from the station to a land on a distant planet, maybe the western future world @outboud I believe suggested.

AceAstro

That's fair.

If we wanted to leave space for IPs, what about a Star Wars park?
  • Tatooine
  • Naboo
  • Coruscant
  • Hoth
  • Batuu
??
1605327087228.png

Mickeynerd17

I like it, but I feel like we should have a little bit of wiggle room with IP. Even DisneySea has some IP and while we don’t want it to be our anchor, I worry without it, it wouldn’t be as appealing to park-goers.

I know my cousin’s family hates Animal Kingdom because there isn’t enough IP (they’re insane) but it shows the rationale of some park goers
Sadly I have to agree with this. We must appeal to the widest audience possible to make a successful park.

Outbound

Great idea, but I personally don't think having an entire park themed to one IP is the best route to go. We need diversity in our themes to be fully honest.
While I would normally agree, I think SW is the one exception, as it's an IP so popular it could appeal to many demographics. The kids can have a Rebels or Resistance-themed area while the teens have a standard movies area and the adults have a Mandalorian underworld area. There's a lot of potential there!

PerGron

While I would normally agree, I think SW is the one exception, as it's an IP so popular it could appeal to many demographics. The kids can have a Rebels or Resistance-themed area while the teens have a standard movies area and the adults have a Mandalorian underworld area. There's a lot of potential there!
I agree, I think if any IP got its own park, Star Wars is the one (maybe MCU, but Star Wars fits better IMO)

Mickeynerd17

It’s the future of what Disney is gonna do. First lands themed to one IP, then whole parks

I understand both of you guy's logic...

However, we really need to think deep about this idea instead of hopping on one idea instantly. We are talking about an ENTIRE PARK here, this is not a small store you can change the theme of on a whim.

Let's seriously flesh out the ideas, discuss pros and cons, and finally make an educated decision instead of random group-think. We did that with CenterCore and the result was the competition almost falling apart.

Lets think about this one for a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom