Seems like somebody got into Epcot recently after hours

Lilofan

Could be Caleb that there was a lot more natural barrier decades ago. Between the swamp, the critters, nobody was very worried about it. Now, access much easier, but fence isn't cheap.
If one looks closely some of the fence line is topped with barb wire similar to jail compounds.

LastoneOn

If one looks closely some of the fence line is topped with barb wire similar to jail compounds.
Concertina the fancy stuff you might say. The Razor wire version is great fun.

iu-8.jpeg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

M
All of those are good questions.

Off the top of my head, I would think Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland would have the most secure perimeters from what I've seen. Disneyland Paris is slightly less secure. But no parks are as unsecured and just sitting out there in the middle of nothing than the WDW parks.

All this kid had to do was flip a u-turn on some empty roadway and then run across a swampy field to get onto Epcot property in the middle of the night?

Yeah... that's not a good look for Disney's Security team. But then, Disney's Security team has proven over and over again for years that they are basically just mall cops who do absolutely nothing. Even when women are being beaten up by their husbands in Toontown. Disney's "security" is a joke. YouTube proves it over and over again.

Although I do love that there are some people who assume there's some big control room where Disney watches everything and responds within seconds to any suspicious behavior. The reality is far more lax, far more incompetent.

VIEWER WARNING: Violence, Profane Language, Cast Member Incompetence With Full Staffing Levels

Maybe they should hire the gators just sitting around Disneyworld as security so they can eat the trespassers?

_caleb

This kid does not care at all. He's been trespassed, banned for life, and arrested. He's not the only one. More and more are going to do this, and someone is going to get hurt. And then someone else is going to get sued.

A fence is the low-tech solution. An IR beam fence would be high-tech, but also might require that Disney security actually investigate breaches, so maybe not worth it.

The rumors are always that Disney parks have undercover security, LOADS of cameras, and some kind of SWAT team standing by. In reality, it seems they have, well no security beyond the bag checkpoints and metal detectors (and the new scanner things they're implementing).

I'll say it again-the lack of security that allows Sonswa to enter Epcot in the middle of the night will also allow a real bad guy to enter the same way. The same "security" that allowed him to skateboard WS will also allow real danger into the parks.

dewardevi

Some years ago we had three busloads of middle schoolers parked outside Epcot at closing. One of the students sneaked off her bus and re-entered the park through an unmanned gate. She wasn’t missed until the buses arrived back at their school two hours later because her name had been checked off when she originally boarded. After some frantic calls, we learned Epcot security had discovered her in the park after about an hour and the principal drove back to Orlando to fetch her. Her excuse was, she had developed an instant crush on a CM and hadn’t been able to say goodbye to him.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Some years ago we had three busloads of middle schoolers parked outside Epcot at closing. One of the students sneaked off her bus and re-entered the park through an unmanned gate. She wasn’t missed until the buses arrived back at their school two hours later because her name had been checked off when she originally boarded. After some frantic calls, we learned Epcot security had discovered her in the park after about an hour and the principal drove back to Orlando to fetch her. Her excuse was, she had developed an instant crush on a CM and hadn’t been able to say goodbye to him.
Good thing she didn't develop a crush on the Epcot trash compactor...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Love is love.

ppete1975

This kid does not care at all. He's been trespassed, banned for life, and arrested. He's not the only one. More and more are going to do this, and someone is going to get hurt. And then someone else is going to get sued.

A fence is the low-tech solution. An IR beam fence would be high-tech, but also might require that Disney security actually investigate breaches, so maybe not worth it.

The rumors are always that Disney parks have undercover security, LOADS of cameras, and some kind of SWAT team standing by. In reality, it seems they have, well no security beyond the bag checkpoints and metal detectors (and the new scanner things they're implementing).

I'll say it again-the lack of security that allows Sonswa to enter Epcot in the middle of the night will also allow a real bad guy to enter the same way. The same "security" that allowed him to skateboard WS will also allow real danger into the parks.
and gives them the blueprint...... (which is where i blame youtube) this material shouldnt be allowed to be posted there

ive often said the same thing about the media... "X plot was foiled, the culprits were going to do A) b) C) and D) and it was dumb luck they were caught" After 9/11 especially the media would talk about all the stuff that almost worked... why give others ideas or show them where security weaknesses are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom