News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sweet Thing

I visited Animal Kingdom yesterday and noticed new signage and announcements stating that guests who do not follow the mask rules will be asked to leave. I did notice more cast members firmly asking guests to stop while eating, make sure their masks were covering their noses, or put their masks back on while taking photos. I spoke to a few cast members and every single one said they just want things to return to normal as quickly as possible and these rules are the only way. I witnessed a couple of cast get ignored by guests when enforcing the rules. Those cast members contacted their supervisors to give descriptions of those guests not complying. I can't remember ever seeing the company take a firm stand like this before.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I visited Animal Kingdom yesterday and noticed new signage and announcements stating that guests who do not follow the mask rules will be asked to leave. I did notice more cast members firmly asking guests to stop while eating, make sure their masks were covering their noses, or put their masks back on while taking photos. I spoke to a few cast members and every single one said they just want things to return to normal as quickly as possible and these rules are the only way. I witnessed a couple of cast get ignored by guests when enforcing the rules. Those cast members contacted their supervisors to give descriptions of those guests not complying. I can't remember ever seeing the company take a firm stand like this before.

Yep these have a bit out for a couple of weeks now. They have definitely had to make it clear that it isn't optional.

JohnD

Yep. I was there all last week. Most of the time, the PA announcement is from the familiar announcer you hear on buses. However, from time to time, I would hear the recording of a British woman making the same announcement. And don't think you won't hear it in Galaxy's Edge or Pandora to preserve theming. Nope. Announcements are park-wide.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom