Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

LastoneOn

Funny how you couldn't provide any of these "verified" studies.

This article mentions several recent studies -- not old studies that dealt with influenza viruses -- that support the use of face masks: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

And more evidence is coming every day: https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...r-masks-we-could-save-more-than-671-000-lives

As for schools, different story, as there is emerging evidence that transmission from yoing children to adult is limited and it doesn't appear that elementary schools are seeding community transmission. The data isn't perfect here and it doesn't mean that kids can't get infected and spread COVID (they can): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/22/health/coronavirus-schools-children.html
I didn't bother. Its in the media, its debated. Go look for opposing views and you'll find them.

I love the "there is emerging" well, many people have been saying this since the beginning, or if you want to be more prEcise, "near the beginning"

LastoneOn

I didn't bother. Its in the media, its debated. Go look for opposing views and you'll find them.

I love the "there is emerging" well, many people have been saying this since the beginning, or if you want to be more prEcise, "near the beginning"
And lets not turn this into a covid mask thread. There are (exaggerating lest you factcheck me) a gazillion of them over in the politics forum. Have at it.

LastoneOn

Coming to a conclusion based on sound scientific data takes time. That should be obvious. Even if someone guessed correctly "near the beginning" that elementary schools wouldn't create more widespread transmission, what good was their hunch if they have no data to back it up?

Reasonable people should be able to recognize that making a correct guess based on no data, when human lives are at stake, is not something to brag about.
See, everything you don't like is "guess." People with real expertise were "guessing" in your view.
Ok.
The WHO, a Dr. Fauci, others of equal "expertise" 'guessed' masks weren't necessary and told us so.
Then they 'guessed' they were.
and so on

I'm not going to agree with you, you belittle the opinions that aren't convenient, and I find you unconvincing. As you no doubt find me. The horse has been beaten.

I guess I'm done.

D

Deleted member 107043

So Buena Vista Street is a part of Downtown Disney now?

"Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed."

Huh? If it's closed how can people be inside the park shopping and eating?

Overall I'm baffled by the lack of leadership and inability for the DLR to demonstrate even the most basic levels of innovation and ingenuity in dealing with the pandemic. It's like everyone's brains at Team Disney Anaheim have been paralyzed since March.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So Buena Vista Street is a part of Downtown Disney now?

"Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed."

Huh? If it's closed how can people be inside the park shopping and eating?

Overall I'm baffled by the lack of leadership and inability for the DLR to demonstrate even the most basic levels of innovation and ingenuity in dealing with the pandemic. It's like everyone's brains at Team Disney Anaheim have been paralyzed since March.
I see it as their way to say "Hey Guests we're going to allow you in but not at a ticket price so we can officially say we're still closed".

LastoneOn

See, everything you don't like is "guess." People with real expertise were "guessing" in your view.
Ok.
The WHO, a Dr. Fauci, others of equal "expertise" 'guessed' masks weren't necessary and told us so.
Then they 'guessed' they were.
and so on

I'm not going to agree with you, you belittle the opinions that aren't convenient, and I find you unconvincing. As you no doubt find me. The horse has been beaten.

I guess I'm done.
PS: Hey see, I do some work. I went and found this. Now it is a news site, but you cited several yourself. So if it gets pulled because its "unverified" I'm going to report all of yours too. Because I know for a FACT that the New York times has printed many falsehoods, that's an agreed upon FACT.

So here it goes. Now as you look at this, you'll see that cases are growing in some states lessening restrictions and in other states tightening restrictions. You will also notice that most states are lessening striations so, you and your ilk are: losing the argument, probably due to SCIENCE. But hey, that's just my opinion. Ok, here's the link, the source might be controversial I don't know who decides that around here.

https://www.usatoday.com/storytelling/coronavirus-reopening-america-map/#caseload

Read carefully, it might not be suitable to people easily outraged by more individual freedom.

ToTBellHop

26199E58-C4AE-4319-A760-2FFB16F8CA39.jpeg

PS: Hey see, I do some work. I went and found this. Now it is a news site, but you cited several yourself. So if it gets pulled because its "unverified" I'm going to report all of yours too. Because I know for a FACT that the New York times has printed many falsehoods, that's an agreed upon FACT.

So here it goes. Now as you look at this, you'll see that cases are growing in some states lessening restrictions and in other states tightening restrictions. You will also notice that most states are lessening striations so, you and your ilk are: losing the argument, probably due to SCIENCE. But hey, that's just my opinion. Ok, here's the link, the source might be controversial I don't know who decides that around here.

https://www.usatoday.com/storytelling/coronavirus-reopening-america-map/#caseload

Read carefully, it might not be suitable to people easily outraged by more individual freedom.
Dude this just shows that cases are growing in most states no matter how open it is?

LastoneOn

Dude this just shows that cases are growing in most states no matter how open it is?
That's what I got out of it. Restrictions aren't really doing much. The CDC reported that 70%+ in July had worn a mask all the time/most of the time. I keep harping on the senior places with all their controls still having many cases. There is something very different about this virus that the mitigation efforts doesn't effect. That's not a call for more restrictions, that's more of a sign that what we're doing isn't very effective so why keep doing it. "at least its something" just doesn't cut it when the effects of that something are so devastating.

cmwade77

Coming to a conclusion based on sound scientific data takes time. That should be obvious. Even if someone guessed correctly "near the beginning" that elementary schools wouldn't create more widespread transmission, what good was their hunch if they have no data to back it up?

Reasonable people should be able to recognize that making a correct guess based on no data, when human lives are at stake, is not something to brag about.
Ok, here are some people with expertise that show lockdowns, keeping business closed, requiring masks, etc. don't work and may be causing more harm than good:

As for why those of us are saying open things up, this meme is actually a good representation of what the true nature of COVID deaths are:
122080789_3162874170487779_4842600120463864027_n.png

This is actually relatively accurate for causes of deaths this year, of course there are some major ones missing like malnutrition, drugs, suicides and such. But COVID is such a small percentage and yet we are focused on that instead of trying to stop all of these other deaths and the lockdowns are resulting in more deaths in some of these other categories, such as cancer because there was a point where "elective surgeries" weren't allowed and this could have been removing a cancerous tumor that then grew into something that couldn't be removed by the time they were allowed.

Interestingly, South Dakota proved that providing guidelines on how to stay safe, but not requiring them to be followed did less damage to the economy and actually did a pretty good job at combating COVID, in other words they found a middle ground that exists.

Now back to Disney.

cmwade77

That's what I got out of it. Restrictions aren't really doing much. The CDC reported that 70%+ in July had worn a mask all the time/most of the time. I keep harping on the senior places with all their controls still having many cases. There is something very different about this virus that the mitigation efforts doesn't effect. That's not a call for more restrictions, that's more of a sign that what we're doing isn't very effective so why keep doing it. "at least its something" just doesn't cut it when the effects of that something are so devastating.
No, they aren't and you know why? Because they don't work and I did cite my sources in my previous post.

lazyboy97o

This is actually relatively accurate for causes of deaths this year, of course there are some major ones missing like malnutrition, drugs, suicides and such. But COVID is such a small percentage and yet we are focused on that instead of trying to stop all of these other deaths and the lockdowns are resulting in more deaths in some of these other categories, such as cancer because there was a point where "elective surgeries" weren't allowed and this could have been removing a cancerous tumor that then grew into something that couldn't be removed by the time they were allowed.
It’s not. COVID-19 is the third leading cause of death in the US.

lazyboy97o

The fact that parks are somehow "safe" without rides operating proves how dumb the guidelines are. Ride might be more safe that shopping and dining, since it would be easier to separate people and they won't remove their mask to eat on a ride.
You think people would vacation at Disneyland in any significant number without the rides? The isolated activity is not the concern, it is the travel.

SplashGhost

You think people would vacation at Disneyland in any significant number without the rides? The isolated activity is not the concern, it is the travel.

Then if Newsom cares so much about that, he can limit people traveling to the resort from far off distances. Like I have mentioned before, nothing is stopping Californians from going to Vegas and bringing COVID back with them. I'm sure Vegas is far more unsafe than Disneyland would be. Honestly, Newsom shouldn't let anyone enter the state without a 14 day quarantine if he is so worried about people traveling to Disneyland.

lazyboy97o

Then if Newsom cares so much about that, he can limit people traveling to the resort from far off distances. Like I have mentioned before, nothing is stopping Californians from going to Vegas and bringing COVID back with them. I'm sure Vegas is far more unsafe than Disneyland would be. Honestly, Newsom shouldn't let anyone enter the state without a 14 day quarantine if he is so worried about people traveling to Disneyland.
That was part of the plan. The parks freaked out and begged for those guidelines to not be released.

SuddenStorm

How many Californians are leaving the state to go vacation elsewhere? I imagine Vegas is getting quite a few Californians.

I work at a hotel in the Salt Lake area, and the amount of Californians I check in daily is staggering.

Providing Californians more local options for recreations could limit their travel outside the state, which is only a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom