The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So I'm kind of in a pickle.

Remember how I never told my parents that I taught myself how to cook because I was afraid they'd make me do it?

Yeah, so my mom brought up that she thinks it's time I learned how to cook. I'm like, uh, mom...I actually already know how to do that.

She's insisting that I don't actually know how to cook and wants to start teaching me.

So now we're currently arguing about that. 😂
Now you have no excuse.. time to buy your own house!

FLEEE FLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Am I not already in them?!?!?? 😬😬😂😂

I don't think she has but it's always possible she's seen them at school or at her dad's?

Point taken. Giggle.

Make a date night For A for free Apple nights. They are light hearted wholesome Holiday family specials. Can’t fathom how you missed them yourself. I grew up with them and they live on.

Gabe1

Even as a co owner my kids dad and his firm everyone was hourly employees. Just the industry. At minimum they all worked 55 hour weeks and at times up to 80s which was 3 years of insanity With overtime. Downside to that the recession. I recall many forced to leave comfort to work retail at low wages For them. The ying and yang. Some Selling off prize possessions to make Mortgages. The drool for a few weeks of overtime.

My kids watch and grew up with the insanity of hourly. They are salaried. One over 6 figures the other just near. Both 4 weeks vacation at hire. My DD with a Grad degree at 6 weeks vacation. Don’t under estimate qualified perks of educated salaried. They watched and learned. Not furloughed.
They took positions that are almost impossible to be replaced.

My age demographic so many careers are now the tech that is being taught in middle school. Teach your children well. Guide them. To excel in high school and college. My Mom grew up in an era where high school grad wasn’t necessarily a given. She was rare. Me my demographic college a 50 50 And women Still making babies their career. A choice. Choose well when guiding your kids. I guided my kids to work hard and enjoy the rewards and to be independent and not rely on others to support you. A goal my Dad instilled in us. You never know what will slap you in the face tomorrow so have a backup plan.

Gabe1

Called my pediatrician because I need vaccination records (called yesterday, apparently they don't know the deadline I need it by). Lady was a little condescending but Tiki Room music played in the background while I was on hold.

Oh well, at least I did my standby blood work saying I got every shot just in case with my current doctor.
Healthcare and Docs changing regularly is a pain in thush Records of yesteryear are harder to compile. My DD from her current job due to high security clearance required pay stubs and W2s from age of 15. Beyond the seven year save required. They also wanted pay stubs From when she was a swim instructor and lifeguard from high school. It delayed her hire beyond 2.5 months. We were in WDW when the security request came through in a email for documents during a 2 week vacation and a hurricane. Former employers and former Docs not in a hurry to comply. Ugh. She has a now extreme high clearance but ot a pain in the thushie to document.

Songbird76

WHEW!!!

My boys both get transported to school by private van company...my oldest has had a pick-up time of 6AM since school started in mid-September. To say it's been hard on us as a family is putting it lightly. The reason for the super-early pickup is because the school is 25 minutes away from us, and they've got to pick up other kiddos on the way with a first class start time of 7:20.

The van company just called...one of the kids that rides his bus is changing which days he goes to school (we're in hybrid mode), so our new pickup time is 6:30! YAY!!! I know it's only a 30-minute difference...but for us that's huge.
I'm so lucky my son's school is here in town. Most kids that go to his school are bussed in from further away. My son broke his wrist a couple of years ago and couldn't ride his bike, so we had to have a taxi bus pick him up from school and took over an hour to get him home, and that was here in town.

My neighbors' girls are both hearing impaired and are bussed to Arnhem for school every day...their pick up is early early in the morning because Arnhem is about 45 minutes away, and they have several people to pick up so it takes a couple of hours. I would not do well with that schedule!!

Songbird76

I couldn't function without my lists...

My "to do" list is ongoing, on a letter-sized pad of lined paper. As the day goes on, I scratch things off and add new things. At the beginning of each day, I tear off the old list and start a new one, prioritizing anything not done from the previous day. No "job" is too small or too large for the list...larger jobs, I just break down into steps.

I use this both at work and at home.
YAY!!!! Another list maker! My husband makes fun of me for my lists. I make color coded ones!

ImperfectPixie

I'm so lucky my son's school is here in town. Most kids that go to his school are bussed in from further away. My son broke his wrist a couple of years ago and couldn't ride his bike, so we had to have a taxi bus pick him up from school and took over an hour to get him home, and that was here in town.

My neighbors' girls are both hearing impaired and are bussed to Arnhem for school every day...their pick up is early early in the morning because Arnhem is about 45 minutes away, and they have several people to pick up so it takes a couple of hours. I would not do well with that schedule!!
It kicks my butt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom