News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Figments Friend

If there is ANY date for 'Harmonious' to open to the public, it should of course be October 1st 2021.
SO many past Disney Shows, Attractions, Company happenings, and hey, even Theme Parks have opened on that magical day over the last 50 or so years.
Why stop there....

Of course, Disney would probably prefer to try to have it up and operational by the Summertime to try and entice potential Guests to visit....but if it were me, i'd wait n' launch it on the 1st.

Seems fitting...that is, IF this Show lives up to the 'hype'.
We shall see.

-

RSoxNo1

You mean this?

Considering Disney doesn't know when it will be able to do fireworks safely, having a firm internal date is... fantasy.

Plus, that person's Twitter feed is full of Thomas the Tank Engine, furries, and Disney Parks retweets. Let's just say I doubt there's any inside information from that Spectrum of posts.

I know this is unfounded, but if you're going to make guesses it seems like Journey of Water is at least a year early.

doctornick

If there is ANY date for 'Harmonious' to open to the public, it should of course be October 1st 2021.
SO many past Disney Shows, Attractions, Company happenings, and hey, even Theme Parks have opened on that magical day over the last 50 or so years.
Why stop there....

If a light parade (i.e. Paint the Night) is coming to MK or they do an updated version of HEA, I think it would be nice to open up that and Harmonius on the same day to spread out the "have to see it first" crowds.

TTA94

If a light parade (i.e. Paint the Night) is coming to MK or they do an updated version of HEA, I think it would be nice to open up that and Harmonius on the same day to spread out the "have to see it first" crowds.

Idk, with no vaccine in site... It isn’t looking promising. At least for the majority of 2021. Hopefully I’m wrong.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, I’m sure Harm will be ready to go next year, but will a vaccine/return of nighttime entertainment is the million dollar question lol, and when.

Some good leads...

Update to the vaccine timeline outline in red...

Reading about the status of various vaccines have left me confused as to which vaccines are which and where they are in development and who's saying what about how far along they are. So, I made an outline...

Monderna/NIH

Type: mRNA (requires ultra-cold storage, -20C, and 2 doses)​
Warp Speed: $2.5B, for 100M doses​
Phase 3: Started Jul 27, 30K people, enrollment completes in September​
Earliest according to CDC: “Vaccine B” – local health departments, prepare for Oct (just in case, if all goes very well). Late Oct or Nov. 1M doses by Oct, 10M by Nov, 15M by Dec.​
Earliest according to manufacturer: by the end of 2020.​

Biontech/Pfizer/Fosun

Type: mRNA (requires ultra-cold storage, -70C, and 2 doses)​
Phase 3: Started Jul 27, 30K people​
Warp Speed: $1.9B for 100M doses (by Dec?)​
Earliest according to CDC: “Vaccine A” – local health departments, prepare for Oct (just in case, if all goes very well). Late Oct or Nov. 2M doses by end of Oct, 10-20M doses by Nov, 20-30M dosed by Dec.​
Earliest according to manufacturer: Regulatory review in Oct. which could theoretically lead to early end of Phase 3.​

AstraZeneca/Oxford
Type: altered chimp adenovirus​
Warp Speed: $1.2B​
Phase 3: in progress, recently started, study paused due to unexplained illness. Restarted in Europe, still on hold in the US.
Earliest according to CDC: Doses can be delivered by Oct.​
Earliest according to manufacturer: Doses available by the end of 2020.​

Johnson & Johnson / Beth Israel

Type: altered adenovirus (the one they used for an Ebola vaccine) [1 dose, only refrigeration to store]​
Warp Speed: $456M (+$1B if proven successful for 100M doses)​
Phase 3: just started, but will use a much larger test group (60k people), could be done by the end of 2020, enrollment now on a temporary pause due to one subject's unexplained illness
Earliest according to CDC: Nothing from CDC yet about this vaccine.​
Earliest according to manufacturer: Beginning of 2021. Plan to make a billion doses.​

Novavax

Type: sticking proteins on microscopic particles​
Warp Speed: $1.6B​
Phase 3: just started, could be done by the beginning of 2021​
Earliest according to CDC: Nothing from CDC yet about this vaccine.​
Earliest according to manufacturer: Plan to make 100M doses by 1st Q of 2021.​

Phase 3:

Final phase of trials. A large number of people are given either the vaccine or placebo, double blind​
Wait to see if there are negative reactions to the vaccine. If there are, vaccine is scrubbed.​
Wait to see how much more the vaccinated group is protected compared to the placebo. To be effective, people should be at least 50% more protected.​
If early results show extraordinarily good results, then this Phase can end early, because it would be unethical to leave those who received the placebo to be unprotected by an effective vaccine – this is what leads to an “October vaccine,” which, is only a result of extraordinarily good results.​
An independent review board evaluates the effectiveness. The FDA will not approve (or, is not supposed to approve) a vaccine without the board's go-ahead.​
In addition to governmental approval (or "fast-tracking"), the manufacturers themselves can decide not to release the vaccine until what they consider are appropriate evaluations are made. And, in fact, have pledged to "follow the science" and not release the vaccine until large trials and the science show that it is both safe and effective.

In short, as Dr. Fauci has said, an October vaccine is not impossible, just very unlikely.

Magic Feather

You could write an entire book about all of the interdepartmental disagreements that happened with this show.

Apparently there was a little bit of appeasement happening with meetings and events when they decided to build the coffee table. There appear to be concerns that the UK-France Island won’t be a super viable/popular fireworks event space any more since the main barge is oriented perpendicular to the shoreline at that point.

There is a chance that Showcase Plaza ends up under events’ control as a result.

trainplane3

You could write an entire book about all of the interdepartmental disagreements that happened with this show.

Apparently there was a little bit of appeasement happening with meetings and events when they decided to build the coffee table. There appear to be concerns that the UK-France Island won’t be a super viable/popular fireworks event space any more since the main barge is oriented perpendicular to the shoreline at that point.

There is a chance that Showcase Plaza ends up under events’ control as a result.
So...the middle barge is a flat screen with no movement then?

Talk about not thinking things through and a major step backwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom