Rumors for Remaining part of 2020

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s very interesting to see what’s disney brewing with the parks, like you say they may be miffed, but all of a sudden DLR is in talks with unions, I am hoping this will ease up some people from the east coast flying to WDW and park traffic! Heck, I might even go to DLR if the radius is waived, I’m a sucker for Disneyland more than WDW Lolol.
Yeah...

The problem is the “V-word”...Disney doesn’t operate in a bubble...and that could mean some backslide whether fans think it’s “warranted” or not.

TrojanUSC

Disney is quite happy there have been no outbreaks publicly traced to them, despite some issues amongst CMs that have been kept quiet, thankfully. As such, they have no interest in making headlines as being unsafe and any capacity increases or relaxation of restrictions will not take place until they can be certain there is no reputational risk to them.

Florida and Disney are not necessarily even politically on this. Disney is far more "conservative" in their approach to this, in the sense that they want to take it slow so as not to see an increase of cases traced back to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is quite happy there have been no outbreaks publicly traced to them, despite some issues amongst CMs that have been kept quiet, thankfully. As such, they have no interest in making headlines as being unsafe and any capacity increases or relaxation of restrictions will not take place until they can be certain there is no reputational risk to them.

Florida and Disney are not necessarily even politically on this. Disney is far more "conservative" in their approach to this, in the sense that they want to take it slow so as not to see an increase of cases traced back to them.

Anyone that doesn’t believe this to be true...frankly doesn’t know Disney. They are not in a hurry.

mikejs78

Premium Member
A great big and hard no to the entire first sentence, especially the last two things. Park hoppers are weird, and there is a desire to reinstate, but last I checked, it was kind of low on the pecking order of "desired reservation system modifications," and a few things that are definitely in front of it still have not been done.

Weirdly enough, current GE is appearing to have become a star in the pandemic. Turns out that its demand is slightly more inelastic, making it comparatively one of the most popular offerings, drawing people into DHS.

This is more optimistic than any internal timeline I have seen.
Have you heard anythig on what the plans are re FastPass/Virtual Queues/anything else along those lines?

Magic Feather

Have you heard anythig on what the plans are re FastPass/Virtual Queues/anything else along those lines?
As long as ride capacity is as limited as it is now, I doubt we see any variant of FP/Premier Access Added.

At this point, I doubt we see virtual queues expanded (Rise only uses it out of necessity), with the *potential* exception of Rat when it opens (but if MMRR is any indication, it will likely be traditional).

Also, on ride capacity, expect quite a few more rides to get the plexiglass treatment in order to increase capacity. We've already seen Rise start to get this treatment, but Runaway Railway is next in line if I recall. ToT also tested it, but I believe it may have been deemed to be a failure; I'm not sure. Really any ride that doesn't operate at high speeds and generates long lines is being looked into for the plexiglass.

Dutch Inn '76

"Snow days" aren't going away from schools; at least in my area. People don't want them to go away, and at least a third of the kids in our district won't participate in online school in that case. They're having a major problem getting them to do it now - ain't no way they'd do with with snow or ice on the ground.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Snow days" aren't going away from schools; at least in my area. People don't want them to go away, and at least a third of the kids in our district won't participate in online school in that case. They're having a major problem getting them to do it now - ain't no way they'd do with with snow or ice on the ground.
Silly to keep snow days...really is

Dan Deesnee

As long as ride capacity is as limited as it is now, I doubt we see any variant of FP/Premier Access Added.

At this point, I doubt we see virtual queues expanded (Rise only uses it out of necessity), with the *potential* exception of Rat when it opens (but if MMRR is any indication, it will likely be traditional).

Also, on ride capacity, expect quite a few more rides to get the plexiglass treatment in order to increase capacity. We've already seen Rise start to get this treatment, but Runaway Railway is next in line if I recall. ToT also tested it, but I believe it may have been deemed to be a failure; I'm not sure. Really any ride that doesn't operate at high speeds and generates long lines is being looked into for the plexiglass.

This is terrible news and honestly it would probably keep me from visiting the parks until they removed it.

The animal kingdom Safari is almost completely ruined by the plastic sheets they have in between each bench. You basically can't see anything unless you're looking directly left or right outside of the truck.

Guess I'll save up a bunch of DVC points if they do...

ImperfectPixie

Silly to keep snow days...really is
Much of the reason we have snow days is due to road conditions. It drives me crazy that our last superintendent waited until 5am to make the call on whether school was cancelled or delayed or not...but that's why he did it at that time, so he'd know whether the plows had had enough time to make the roads safe. We've got a new superintendent this year...I'm curious to see how he handles snow days.

Communicora

Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not huge but they can help.

Research is showing they reduce viral load which can mean you get less sick if exposed.

Here's an article about it from UCSF: https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/07/418181/one-more-reason-wear-mask-youll-get-less-sick-covid-19

It cites this paper: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-020-06067-8
I think the problem is instead of “what’s the safest way to do this?” It’s been “what’s the minimum I have to do?” Or “is this really necessary?”

...I won’t go on...don’t want to be accused of being unpatriotic 😎

Monorail_Red_77

Long lines are due to reduced physical line capacity. Wait times apparently can be skewed because of this too.

Reserved standby - or VQ - wouldn’t surprise me. Once they see how Paris goes.
Yes sometimes wait times are very bad. I was at Philharmagic this past Wednesday afternoon. Stated Wait Time was 15 minutes. Actual time from the entrance checkpoint to sitting in the theater was 40 minutes, no technical difficulty.

Dutch Inn '76

Much of the reason we have snow days is due to road conditions. It drives me crazy that our last superintendent waited until 5am to make the call on whether school was cancelled or delayed or not...but that's why he did it at that time, so he'd know whether the plows had had enough time to make the roads safe. We've got a new superintendent this year...I'm curious to see how he handles snow days.
Yep. In our school district, probably 20% of the kids live in rural areas. It's impossible to clean up those roads quickly.

Texas84

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom